rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Tony

Titanfall Assault

Anyone playing this? F2P card / capture point battler. It's actually really good & doesn't force you to buy cards all the time.

If anyone is playing, I've set up a clan, you get extra bonuses etc. Search for Rllmuk if you're on it.

Slightly late to the party, but really enjoyed this (and just joined the clan).

It's been on my tablet for a few weeks, but I hadn't had the opportunity to give it some time. 

Now that I am on holiday, I've finally gotten around to it. Took me a wee bit of adjustment when I realised you didn't control the units like you do in an RTS. But I think I've grasped most of it now, and have logged in each of the three days so far to play at least two or three games.

It's great how close it genuinely feels to the main TF game, rather than just a cash in.

The only card that I'm not all that keen on are the turrets, but I suspect I need to level them up and use them differently. They seem to get destroyed very quickly!

I did try it but didn't like it, found the whole screen and UI messy and not for me - although I did read good things about it and people said it wasn't just a cheap tie in cash in.

Clash Royale remains the king of phone games for me, and has been for some 18m now.

On 03/10/2017 at 17:20, Butters said:

The only card that I'm not all that keen on are the turrets, but I suspect I need to level them up and use them differently. They seem to get destroyed very quickly!

You need to try and counter them with units that are effective against them. Every unit has strengths and weaknesses. I always try and have a deck with either a mortar or spectres. If you havent unlocked them yet, the emp turret is effective against others. It's the only F2P game on mobile that I have ever sunk serious time into it and I think it's fantastic.

Edit: Just saw you meant the turrets as offensive. Yeah, they can die quick. Place them on roof tops so they have a height advantage, try to drop them in somwhere before the action gets there. That way they are not being damaged while deploying.

Hadn't thought about placing them up high. Cheers for the tip.

I'm really enjoying it. Unlocked BT a couple of days ago and love the animation when he takes down another titan!

I presume the Epic cards are the top level? 

3 hours ago, Butters said:

Hadn't thought about placing them up high. Cheers for the tip.

I'm really enjoying it. Unlocked BT a couple of days ago and love the animation when he takes down another titan!

I presume the Epic cards are the top level? 

I've pulled some out when going up levels and occasionally from a gameplay crate. I find personally having 3 of the 2 energy reserve titans is better, as you can rapidly drop them in as attack, instead of waiting for 6 bars of energy to charge.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

I've pulled some out when going up levels and occasionally from a gameplay crate. I find personally having 3 of the 2 energy reserve titans is better, as you can rapidly drop them in as attack, instead of waiting for 6 bars of energy to charge.

Yeah, the titans I currently have selected are at 4,5 and 8 points, so can take a bit to get to them.

So you tend to have a mix of common, rare and epic?

Since the most recent update, my version is stuck in an unbreakable loop- opening the game says 'download the latest version'. Following the link takes me to the app page which just allows me to open the game since I already have the new update.

I'd delete it and redownload it, but it says I'll lose my data with it, so I guess my time with this is over. Shame, as it wasn't bad before this massive bug.

17 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

I'd delete it and redownload it, but it says I'll lose my data with it, so I guess my time with this is over. Shame, as it wasn't bad before this massive bug.

Did you not sign in with facebook / gamescentre? That allows  you to take your data to different devices etc.

22 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

Did you not sign in with facebook / gamescentre? That allows  you to take your data to different devices etc.

Well, deleted it, redownloaded it, exactly the same problem. That's some bug.

I think that's me starting to hit a wall on this now. 

Just about to level up (2 or 3 trophies to go), get matched against someone 2-300 trophies above me that just steamrolls me. Dropping in 3 level 10 titans and flattening anything I have 

Lose that match. Next match go against another high ranker. Steamrolled.

Lose about 45 trophies per game. 

Suddenly I'm marched up against someone a similar level and I can win. Same again for the next match. Back to within a few trophies to levelling up.

Next match, up against players 2-300 above me.

Also I suspect there may be some cheating going on in the android side of things. I keep going up against people who will drop a couple of legendary titans in one after the other, but that's not possible at the start due them both requiring more energy than you can hold.

Anyone still playing this? I drifted away not long after my post above. Due to the ranking and the fact that they are really pushing paid crates now, it doesn't feel as fun.

I went back this evening, played 3 games, got matched against the same guy each time, on the same map each time. He was only 20 trophies above me, but everything in his deck was a legendary or epic, all level 9 or 10. 

Either he got really high ranking and then lost loads of games to level down and get easy wins, or he's just bought a shit tonne of crates.

Either way, it's not fun anymore.

9 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Anyone still playing this? I drifted away not long after my post above. Due to the ranking and the fact that they are really pushing paid crates now, it doesn't feel as fun.

I went back this evening, played 3 games, got matched against the same guy each time, on the same map each time. He was only 20 trophies above me, but everything in his deck was a legendary or epic, all level 9 or 10. 

Either he got really high ranking and then lost loads of games to level down and get easy wins, or he's just bought a shit tonne of crates.

Either way, it's not fun anymore.

And welcome to why Free to Play mechanics do not automatically mean longevity.

• Upvote 1

Haven’t had too many matchmaking issues myself. All that tends to happen is that if you play too many matches in a short period of time you start coming up against harder opponents .

Reminds me of book beach. You keep raiding too much and you get raided more yourself. It’s so you keep your player level in line with your card level.

I paid some money before out of impatience but there’s no real need if you’re not in a hurry.

I’m Gold 3 with a score of 3432.

Loved it when I first started playing it, but haven't been back on it for a while. To be fair, I've not been playing anything mobile/tablet based, as I've started a bunch of new stuff on One/PC.