Snowfall - The crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles during the beginning of the 1980s.

Fuck sake.... Saw this thread bumped and thought there might be a new series of this. 

The last 3 dropped in July of each year  I think, so looks like this has been delayed due to covid. I hope season 4 comes as its consistently excellent. 

Nephew..... 

snowfall.jerome_saint.jpg

16 hours ago, ckny said:

We’re watching this on iPlayer. Just seen S02E07 where

Reveal hidden contents

Lucia shoots Pedro

After 17 episodes we still don’t really know what Teddy is doing. Why is a CIA guy smuggling drugs in to the country? IDGI.

He is using the huge amounts of money generated to fund wars the country has an interest in winning, overseas, isn’t he? This is all from my hazy memory of the show and very poor knowledge of actual history.

Jerome is the MVP. Great show.

49 minutes ago, DC said:

He is using the huge amounts of money generated to fund wars the country has an interest in winning, overseas, isn’t he? This is all from my hazy memory of the show and very poor knowledge of actual history.

Jerome is the MVP. Great show.

Agreed, Jerome is superb, needs his own spin off show. 

20 hours ago, ckny said:

We’re watching this on iPlayer. Just seen S02E07 where

Reveal hidden contents

Lucia shoots Pedro

After 17 episodes we still don’t really know what Teddy is doing. Why is a CIA guy smuggling drugs in to the country? IDGI.

The CIA smuggled drugs to fund their wars against communism in Latin America, and its the main reason for the crack epidemic that affected the black community in Los Angeles and other areas. 

edit: I started this thread 3 years ago...I cant belive it. Time flies, mercilessly. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, The Hierophant said:

Oh brilliant. What will this be on, don’t want to wait for bbc2 if I can help it!

Hopefully, Disney+. Snowfall is one of the shows listed on the new STAR channel that's launched on 23 Feb. Not 100% sure if that will include the new season, but I hope so.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to starting this after losing all 3 series in a TiVo upgrade fiasco about a year ago. It looks like it’s going to be everything I’d hoped it would and so far includes everything my wife says I’m obsessed with in my favourite film and TV, that is things about gangsters set in the 70s and 80s, copious amounts of drug taking/smuggling/selling and a banging soundtrack. 

Feels weird watching it on Disney+ though, all that sex, drugs and violence just nestled there between Mulan and The Mighty Ducks :unsure:

50 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

What??!! - Good looking out.

I think it returned on Sunday night on BBC2, but I missed it, but the whole ten episodes are on Iplayer.

On 20/07/2018 at 15:48, SpagMasterSwift said:

For real? I've not seen anything on it! Good looking out.

On 08/02/2020 at 21:33, SpagMasterSwift said:

Good looking out!

On 12/05/2021 at 08:15, SpagMasterSwift said:

What??!! - Good looking out.

:lol:

Watched that episode last night!

This is great telly. I've attempted watching it twice since it first aired, but both times I gave it up halfway through the 1st episode, for reasons I can't remember.

Have given it another try this week, as a time passer during some slack time on some very quiet nightshifts and I'm very glad I did. Gonna finish S1 today.

So good that all four seasons are on iPlayer now.

• 4 weeks later...

@Stevie I request a thread title change, "better than Breaking Bad"

This is some fucking excellent TV. I finally caught season 4 on iPlayer. Such a good show, if this was HBO people would be screaming about it. The characters are so well written and acted, the script is tight and the soundtrack superb. The locales are well realised, the setting on point.

Season four spoilers

Spoiler

Do you think Teddy will kill Elton and be back running things? Was it his task to get back in with the CIA? Is the new agent going to actually be Teddy? Or will he start running things with Avi... Surely not.

What about Luciana? Think she'll be back season five, I hope so. I liked the mix of cartel troubles with Franklin's rise in earlier seasons.

Franklin is such a cold bastard, I honestly thought he was going to kill his dad, good job his mum came along.

Louie and Jerome are, of course, my favourites. Such real characters, flawed but honest. The pain Jerome felt was writ large on all his actions, from the little Rock setting up to shooting some random soldier of Man Boy's. 

Man Boy and Scully were also brilliant and Man Boy's execution was just another nail in any humanity Franklin might have had left, cold as fucking ice. "He always did talk too much" 😎

Talking of cold, fuck me, Gustavo. What a nutter! $100,000 carved into the man's head. Chucking his sister in law's ex out the fucking window!!  

Seriously, this is as good as The Wire and better than Breaking Bad in my opinion.