IMG_0801.thumb.JPG.92b46a3cc8cc6440c4b387667600d90b.JPG

Cover without tracing paper wrap around

IMG_0803.thumb.JPG.388937a6f75eaa5a4c23fc537924af4c.JPG

Hype takes a look at Monster Hunter: World, Lost Sphear, Absolver, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Dauntless, Dount County.

Hype Roundup takes a quick look at, Call of Duty: WWII, A Hat in Time, Kingdom Hearts III, Noita, and Fighting Ex Layer.

Reviews:

Splatoon 2 - 8

Pyre - 8

Hellblade: Senua's Scarifice - 4

Tacoma - 7

Aven Colony - 7

The End is Nigh - 7

Hey! Pikmin - 6

Tiny Trax - 6

Features:

Space Magic - Destiny 2

An Audience with EA's creative chief Patrick Söderlund

Strange Skies - Meet the game developers trying to make sense of climate change, or imagine it's aftermath.

The Making of Titanfall 2

Time Extends takes a look back at Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon

Studio Profile visits Mode 7

• Upvote 4

Definitely interested in reading the Hellblade review - clearly, I'll disagree with it, but giving it a 4 seems very harsh indeed.

Unless they've played a remarkably different game than the one I did!

That next month page clearly hinting at a hotly anticipated Total Eclipse remake. If only.

E: also it's great to see a feature on that Respawn classic, in "The Making of The Making of Titanfall 2" ;) 

• Upvote 1

There only scandal is Splatoon only getting an 8. I suppose it's not the same if you rinsed the first one (never touched it) but probably the second best game this year after Zelda.

• Upvote 2

Never been more wrong about a game in my life.

So glad I took a punt on it for the single player (which I've hardly touched) and seen the inky coloured light.

Like Mario Kart 8, Splatoon is at least a 10/10. The best two online games ever created.

And it's worth a 9 simply for the single player.

That 8 is in line with other dipshit reviewer scores though.

15 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Maybe you should lend the reviewer your Nintendo shades next time eh?

Seriously. Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2 are great games - Splatoon 2 alone is worth getting a Switch for - but THE best two online games ever made? Get a grip.

• Upvote 1

The Hellblade reviewer comments positively on the sound, graphics and vision of the game but then says it's ruined by repetitive puzzles and a terrible camera, particularly when there are lots of enemies on screen. It also mentions that the character's responses to her illness become clichéd towards the end. It reads as if he/she thinks the game starts well but then gets old quickly, and that it's very frustrating to play.

And I too am a bit disappointed that we've got yet another big Destiny 2 article. I never played the first and everything I've read about it puts me off, even from people who have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into it, most of whom say it's extremely repetitive and grindy, but unbelievably addictive.

• Upvote 1

I think that 8/10 for Splatoon 2 is a very fair score. As good as the core game is the terrible chat / party side of things has got to lose it some marks surely in this day and age.

• Upvote 1