rllmuk
ann coulter

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - PS4/Switch - Out Now! GOTY contender.

@jonamok Yep I had the same bug, I guess the developers expected us to stick to the path they have laid out, sod that! First time I got to an open bit of land I went exploring.

It’s an odd oversight as the other conversation/mission trees (so far and in DQB1) spontaneously update if you’ve already fulfilled the required advancement criteria.

Crikey this really opens up once you've done Furrowfield Island, arguably it doesn't even begin proper until then. Having a whole island to explore and build on really makes the game come alive. I've discovered a dark secret from one of the island's previous inhabitants, and another weird area.

I also think I've found the perfect spot for a bit of farming ^_^

Really enjoying the building aspect much more than DQB1 - they've really upped things in that respect.

So finished Furrowfield and OMG

Spoiler

Poor Pastor Al. :(

But that fucking pales next to

Spoiler

Having to leave Doglette behind. And not even a goodbye hug. That’s some serious Jon Snow/Ghost bullshit. :quote:

I hope there’s a chance to get a doggo for my home island! Don’t spoil me obvs.

Brilliant game. :D

4 hours ago, jonamok said:

Also, got a progress-stopping mission glitch towards the end of Furrowfield. Which I worked out how to sort...

Hide contents

You are tasked with finding 30 tomato seeds. Unfortunately myself, Malroth and Doglette had already done a massive trek around the island and got the lot, including stuff in chests, the church etc. As a result although I had them, Perry's mission back at the farm wouldn't progress, and so I couldn't trigger the Harvest Festival.

In the end, the solution was to plant them in the farm, let them fruit, then dig them all up again at which point they filled in the mission bar. Was worried for a minute though!

However, the devs should really have worked out that that was a very easy thing to happen - especially when you're a wee explorer at heart.

That one triggered fine for me after doing that same thing without having to dig them up again. Weird. 

Don't they need to be planted in the farm rather than just grown and harvested elsewhere, therefore making the farm more sustainable?

Yes. But the quest tells you just to collect them. Which I had done, and already planted them in the farm when the quest giver asked me to go and collect them. So I had to dig them up again right in front of him, and with them in my inventory for the second time it registered the mission as successful.

I really wasn’t going to buy this, especially with Fire Emblem out in a few days, but it seems to be going down pretty well here so I picked up a copy this morning. Who do I send the bill to!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

I really wasn’t going to buy this, especially with Fire Emblem out in a few days, but it seems to be going down pretty well here so I picked up a copy this morning. Who do I send the bill to!

I have FE on preorder but I'll be parking it as soon as it arrives, no way anything else is getting a look in right now.

3 hours ago, jonamok said:

Yes. But the quest tells you just to collect them. Which I had done, and already planted them in the farm when the quest giver asked me to go and collect them. So I had to dig them up again right in front of him, and with them in my inventory for the second time it registered the mission as successful.

Actually that might've happened to me too.

I only play Saturday/Sunday mornings, adavantage of having a body clock that wakes up at 6AM way before the kids do so I get a few hours enjoyment.

• Upvote 1

Has anything been updated since the demo at all?

I played the demo on switch and found the text and general interface tiny and a little fiddly. 

Really tempted though!

The text is really small and I think I’m missing a trick to say, place a roof tile facing the right way but it’s not affecting my enjoyment cos it’s so good!

Having said that - is there a way to make something face a different way easily? I’ve given up trying to put a roof on my cabin!

8 minutes ago, Laine said:

The text is really small and I think I’m missing a trick to say, place a roof tile facing the right way but it’s not affecting my enjoyment cos it’s so good!

Having said that - is there a way to make something face a different way easily? I’ve given up trying to put a roof on my cabin!

First person mode and look which way the arrow is pointing. Say you have a block 4 blocks away from you as a starting point, if you stand off to one side and hold down the build button it will place blocks 4 in front of you and 4 behind you as long as you aren't obstructing it. Just have the reticle pointed at the middle of the block you're starting from and the arrow should point toward you. Does that make sense? NOTE: I haven't got to roofs yet.

• Upvote 1

It's not explained anywhere but to do this, once you have placed an item, pick it up again and press Triangle to rotate. Any roof pieces you place next to it should match the facing automatically. 

I was having a real faff with windows till I noticed this. 

• Upvote 4

I must be on the very last part of the first island and I don’t want to leave. I want to stay here with Rosie and Wrigley forever. 

Anybody want to hear my tale of woe? 

I've been buzzing to play this and I've got today and tomorrow off work, but payday isn't until Friday, I managed to move some bits around and manged to get the exact amount needed to get this from CD Keys, 

Excitedly paid and clicked the download button.... Nothing happened, just an error. E-mailed and happily got a reply within a minute, were sorry issue at our end, here's a refund and a £5 off code! Even better, went back on to CD Keys, put the code in, that didn't work, no bother though atleast I can finally get this downloading! Nope, you don't have the funds in your account, checked my bank, empty. E-mailed then again and asked why they hadn't issued the refund to my PayPal? Its been sent back to my bank and can take up to 30 days to clear. 

I'm now genuinely upset and would like as many empathy pushes as possible please. 

• Empathy 17

Anyone got the builder's pencil yet.?

Spoiler

Baaically let's you turn your buildings into blueprints which can then be built by villagers.

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got a field noone will seed or water. They tilled it after Wrigley made it fertile bit after that nothing. Is it because part of it is out of the bounds of the farm?

Probably, I’ve always built my fields with fences & a gate inside the town limit.

I’m sure you know but to find the town limit at the edge just listen for the change in music.

• Upvote 1

You can look for the Town Level graphic in the top corner too - it vanishes when you're out of bounds. Not ideal (I do miss the light glow from 1) but works for when you're playing on the sofa with the volume off.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, friedgold said:

You can look for the Town Level graphic in the top corner too - it vanishes when you're out of bounds. Not ideal (I do miss the light glow from 1) but works for when you're playing on the sofa with the volume off.

This is also the method I use; seems much better than using the music to me.

Have you used the scarecrow to set which seeds you'd like them to plant, and do you definitely have the seeds available in a chest nearby? You're not trying to get them to plant certain seeds without the extra bits they need to grow or anything? I'm sure that if it was outside the base Wrigley wouldn't have converted it in the first place. They're not just busy dealing with other fields already, are they? I'm sure I had a few occasions where they just took a bit longer to get around to certain fields. 

How far in is everyone now? I'm a decent way through the third story island, though I've pretty much just been doing the missions without taking much time to make my rooms/bases look decent. I've not done much on the Isle of Awakening either other than the bits to progress the story.

14 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

This is also the method I use; seems much better than using the music to me.

There's also the fact that the dog and Malroth come darting over to you ^_^

• Upvote 2