Dragon Quest Builders 2 - PS4/Switch - Out Now! GOTY contender.

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

Completed, great game really enjoyed it. One of the best this year definitely.

Now time to work on those Tablet Targets on the Isle of Awakening.

How long does the third main island last? The

Spoiler

Alcatraz part.

It's really brought the game to a standstill for me.

1 hour ago, ann coulter said:

Hide contents

Alcatraz part.

Not long. It's basically an interval. From memory it took maybe 3 hours? Maybe even less.

3 hours ago, FuntimeDave said:

Question:  Can you have two people playing on the same PS4 at the same time. 

@gospvg how did you do two players was that with two consoles?

You can play co-op on the isle of awakening & explorer islands. Just not the main campaign.

Yes you need 2 consoles there is no split screen.

3 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Reveal hidden contents

Very short you have a while to go yet.

4 hours ago, gospvg said:

@spanx any tips on the breeder trophy?

It is a bit convoluted. I figured everything out except the actual breeding pattern (e.g. which dogs to breed together), but then had to resort to a guide as nothing seemed to work. The basic process though is:

1. Harvest a CRAP-TON of meat from the rabbit unicorn things in Krumbul-dun (the oasis area is good)
  2. Build two animal houses (haystack, two animal beds, food bowl and two name-signs), and stash your meat in the food bowls
  3. Befriend dogs in explorer islands, name them and assign them to houses (get four, two in each)
  4. Make sure you can harvest moreberries (super strawberries, you get them randomly once you planted every fruit/veg)
  5. Now wait for your dogs to hit 100% happiness, then as night falls, give them each a moreberry and THEN GO TO BED
  6. Next morning you'll have a second-generation dog. Breed until you have four
  7. Now assign the second-gen dogs to the animal house, and repeat to get third-gen dogs
  8. Noooowww, do the same, and you'll get a fourth-gen, and the gold trophy is yours

It takes a while, but the main grind is harvesting enough meat to get the dogs to 100% happiness. ALso, can do exactly the same with cats

Yeah, although reading that back you don't necessarily need to breed two pairs at each gen.... once they hit 100% happiness they can fire out a sprog every day as long as you feed them the moreberry, so that saves on meat harvesting time.

Either way it takes a while

And completed, the rare breeder trophy takes a while but you can get on with other stuff on the island while waiting I completed the 45 tablet tasks to unlock the epilogue.

Great game definitely my GOTY.

I seem to be stuck in the story progression.

I’m currently on the second island and been progressing through the mines. I’ve reached the warp globe thing and as soon as I activated it I was wanted back on the surface. I warped out, went through the dialogue and now I don’t know where to go. I cant finish the bar because I havent found iron yet, and when I warp back to the copper dig site I’m met with nothing but dead ends...

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

I seem to be stuck in the story progression.

I’m currently on the second island and been progressing through the mines. I’ve reached the warp globe thing and as soon as I activated it I was wanted back on the surface. I warped out, went through the dialogue and now I don’t know where to go. I cant finish the bar because I havent found iron yet, and when I warp back to the copper dig site I’m met with nothing but dead ends...

I think I might've got a bit stuck at a similar point, and it turned out I just hadn't spotted another bit of the mine branching off. Speak to the Golem/Babs etc and they should give you a reminder of where you're meant to be heading, if it's the bit I'm thinking of I think someone tells you to head in a particular direction from the copper dig site.

3 hours ago, Squigs said:

I think I might've got a bit stuck at a similar point, and it turned out I just hadn't spotted another bit of the mine branching off. Speak to the Golem/Babs etc and they should give you a reminder of where you're meant to be heading, if it's the bit I'm thinking of I think someone tells you to head in a particular direction from the copper dig site.

Yes that is correct there is a miner waiting for you with a red marker on his head.

Just checked and I’ve already found the copper and the iron dig sites. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find anyone to direct me further into the mine, and my ‘Fix up the tunnels’ mission percentage is stuck at 35%. I’m close to giving up.

14 minutes ago, Stejay said:

Just checked and I’ve already found the copper and the iron dig sites. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find anyone to direct me further into the mine, and my ‘Fix up the tunnels’ mission percentage is stuck at 35%. I’m close to giving up.

I think you may be at a point where you need to wait to give the stone golem enough resources to transform.

19 minutes ago, Stejay said:

He is already fully copper, but I can’t find any silver or gold to progress that and further.

I don’t want to spoil anything you have not done yet, are there no quests for you in town to complete?

Have you made a pumping station?

Have you completed copper bar?

13 minutes ago, Stejay said:

The only quests I currently have are to fix the tunnels and build the bar. Nothing else. No, I haven’t built a pumping station or copper bar.

Ok you have iron so go complete the copper bar. You should have a blueprint.

Just back from the third island and still absolutely having a great time but I'm finding the story stuff with Malroth is becoming a bit of a drag. Not helped by the automatic text speed of the disembodied voice taking a minute to get through each page of text.

I just want to build stuff, mate.

13 minutes ago, Larsen B said:

Not helped by the automatic text speed of the disembodied voice taking a minute to get through each page of text.

Agree, that was so annoying. I skipped through most of the dialogue in the game, just give me the quest & let me get on with it.