IGNORED

Cobra Kai - Now on Netflix

JohnC

18 minutes ago, yakumo said:

typo😃

But yeah I don't mind seeing her, but Karate Kid 4 was pretty bad.

So was 3 (even Ralph Macchio agrees) and Cobra Kai managed to salvage that. It can do that with The Next Karate Kid.

19 hours ago, Gambit said:

So was 3 (even Ralph Macchio agrees) and Cobra Kai managed to salvage that. It can do that with The Next Karate Kid.

Oh yeah no argument with me on that, I don't mind 4 at all. Everything they done so far is class.

I have a hint that a certain character may not return from the hints they're giving, and the fact he's in a certain big franchise.

4 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Oh yeah no argument with me on that, I don't mind 4 at all. Everything they done so far is class.

I have a hint that a certain character may not return from the hints they're giving, and the fact he's in a certain big franchise.

Who's that?

3 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Who's that?

Spoiler

Miguel?... Haven't finished the series yet, but hints of moving away to college?. But the biggest thing is he's Blue Beetle which is the next DC movie, which I can see being their DC version of Spider-man.  

Just now, yakumo said:
  Hide contents

Miguel?... Haven't finished the series yet, but hints of moving away to college?. But the biggest thing is he's Blue Beetle which is the next DC movie, which I can see being their DC version of Spider-man.  

The character is definitely in season 5 no doubt.

Spoiler

Jacob Bertrand, who plays Hawk, talked about what fans can expect for season 5. He confirmed that Miguel will definitely be back for season 5. “He actually has a great little arc going off looking for his dad. I can’t wait for people to see it.” Also, he said that now that Hawk is the champion now, “he’s got a lot to live up to” and that his character is “walking around with a lot of confidence now”. 

2 episodes down and I just don't care about the kids. As always, it's at its best whenever Johnny is onscreen. Danny... ehhh, I can take or leave. His earnestness grinds on me 😅.

Spoiler

Great to see he's raised a kid who's apparently an asshole though. Here we go with the new kid in town. Love triangle already set up, lured by Cobra Kai, almost inevitably will turn to Miyagi-Do at some point. Becomes best friends with Danny's kid.

Tory got fired and Amanda looked sad. Hot prediction - they end up bonding and Tory joins Miyagi-Do. TELL ME I'M WRONG.

2 hours ago, yakumo said:

My favourite line from Johnny when trying to recruit females into Eagle Fang...

Hide contents

I even learnt Feminism😆

Yeah the whole 

Spoiler

Creeper on Campus

stuff was sublime!

On 04/01/2022 at 23:33, probotector said:

I'm sorry but Terry Silver wasn't the worst baddie, in hindsight, his ridiculous acting means he was one of the best baddies of the 80s.

Totally agree, Terry Silver is absolutely awesome. I couldn't quite take his eyebrows seriously though, I honestly wish he had of dyed his hair black,

Spoiler

especially during the transition back to the dark side. 

There were a couple of nods towards

Spoiler

Mike Barnes so I'm genuinely hoping he makes an appearance

next time around. 

I think Ralph was pushing 30 in the original? At least mid 20s.

im watching through again.

I think Robbie is the best character tbh. His arc seems to be the best. He knows cobra Kai and Miaygi-do are both bullshit.

He’s in it for himself 

Just binged this over a couple of days. Took a little while to warm up (I also don’t care about the kids really) but I was back in by the end.

As a kid I found Terry Silver disturbingly psychotic in Part III and he didn’t disappoint here. 

Spoiler

Gotta be a Mike Barne’s return surely?

Not sure if they have announced anything but I kinda hope season 5 is the last though.

Spoiler

I could see a plot something like LaRusso vs Silver build up where Silver comes out on top bringing Barnes back while Johnny goes off to sort out Miguel.

Then some sort of a Kreese/Johnny/Robby redemption towards the end to close off the daddy issues narratives to claim back Cobra Kai.