Premier League & Cup Predictions 2017/18

Come one then, A couple of weeks away from starting.

Predict the league and cups.... GO!

Premier League

FA Cup:
League Cup:
Champions League:

7 minutes ago, Revival said:

Come one then, A couple of weeks away from starting.

Predict the league and cups.... GO!

Premier League

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Man City
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Liverpool
8. West Ham
9. Stoke
10. West Brom
11.  Southampton
12. Crystal palace
13. Leicester
14. Newcastle
15. Swansea
16. Brighton
17. Burnley
18. Watford
19. Bournemouth
20. Huddersfield

FA Cup: Spurs
League Cup: Everton
Champions League: Man City

Chelsea losing Costa will cost them the 1-0s he brought them. He's such a good player and Morata has big shoes to fill. 

If Liverpool lose Phil then its game over already for a top 4. They must keep him.

I think United to win the league is a big ask, Lukaku won't be as good as Ibrahimovic. Will they score enough?

City have spent bit and Guardiola has the ability to get his squad working.

That's even without Chelsea or Tottenham in the mix. I think a City, Chelsea and Tottenham three way battle is most likely.

Premier League

1. Man City
2. Spurs

3. Chelsea

4. Man United

5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

7. Everton
8. Leicester City
9. Southampton
10. Crystal Palace
11. Newcastle
12. Watford
13. Stoke
14. West Ham
15. West Brom
16. Bournemouth
17. Swansea
18. Burnley
19. Huddlesfield
20. Brighton

FA Cup: Man City
League Cup: Liverpool
Champions League: Barcelona

I have no idea tbh. I had to google a lot of teams to remember who is their current manager.

1. Man City

2. Tottenham

3. Man United

4. Chelsea

5. Everton

6. Arsenal

7. Liverpool

--- who cares? It's all about not losing enough to be close to a relegation battle

16. Burnley

17. Stoke

18. Brighton

19. Watford

20. Huddersfield

FA Cup: Arsenal
League Cup: Chelsea
Champions League: Juventus

Premier League
1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Man Utd
6. Spurs
7. West Ham
8. Everton
9. West Brom
10. Newcastle
11.  Leicester
12. Southampton
13. Stoke
14. Crystal Palace
15. Bournemouth
16. Burnley
17. Brighton
18. Huddersfield
19. Watford
20. Swansea

FA Cup: Chelsea
Champions League: Bayern Munich

1. Man City

2. Spurs

3. Chelsea

4. Man Utd

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Southampton
9. West Ham
10. Stoke
11. Leicester 
12. Crystal Palace
13. West Brom
14. Watford
15. Newcastle

16. Swansea

17. Burnley

18. Bournemouth

19. Brighton

20. Huddersfield

League Cup: Everton
Champions League: Real Madrid

City should start to click this season.  Their squad is ridiculous - would love to see them go far in the Champs League.  I really want Bournemouth to go down - sick of the fake 'fairytale' bullshit and media love in.  Newcastle look like they need some reinforcements so I think they'll struggle again.  Brighton and Huddersfield will sadly not be able to compete - hope I'm wrong with both of them.

I'd advise anyone to avoid any live TV coverage of West Brom this season, now Gary Megson is back as Pulis' number 2.  Pulis and Megson-ball.  Fucking hell.  AIDS for the eyes.  Still - it'll be effective and they'll never be in danger.

42 minutes ago, Baring said:

Liverpool 3rd?! 

Spoiler

I remember last season making the case for Liverpool challenging but finishing second, which many scoffed at. There'll still be a leaky defence probably and the Africa Cup of Nations to steal Mane away. But Klopp had them playing the best attacking football in the league and taking more points from the top sides than anyone. I suppose people think Coutinho will leave but I'm not confident Barcelona would be willing to spend upwards of £100m on him. I think Liverpool will keep saying no and he won't push for a move. I think Valverde will put a stop to any silliness.

I thought last season would be the most unpredictable but this is more so. Will Guardiola get his new players to gel, will spurs carry on their momentum or will this season be the one where the incredible effort of the previous ones takes its toll, will Mourinho have his usual outstanding second season at a club, will Conte's intense methods tire his squad out before long especially with Europe to balance, will Everton prove to be a surprise mix among the top 6 with Rooney being top scorer (ha..), how will Leicester do now they're in form and almost back to their best. Will Arsenal surprise everyone by keeping Sanchez, getting the best out of Ozil, and be propelled by a Lacazette in scorching form. Plenty of the bottom half teams last season slid into a run of losses and then pulled it back. Hard to see now how it'll play out, if a poor run continues and the manager gets the sack and a new one does even worse..

1. Man City

2. Chelsea 

3. Man Utd

4. Tottenham

5. Arsenal

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Southampton

9. West Ham

10. Leicester

11. West Brom

12. Newcastle

13. Bournemouth

14. Swansea

15. Crystal Palace

16. Stoke

17. Burnley

18. Watford

19. Huddersfield

20. Brighton

The Emirates FA Cup: Arsenal by default
League Cup: Man City

Man City should win it, they have the best coach and the best squad. If they don't then Pep will confirm himself as a bald fraud.

Man Utd have bought pretty well and Aurier will be a big improvement if they can get that done. Massive underachievement if they somehow don't get top 4.

Chelsea haven't had a good transfer window so far, I think Morata is a downgrade from Costa. Hazard also looks like a right fat bastard in pre-season so he may not hit the ground running. Also I think more teams will suss out their formation this year.

Spurs could easily finish anywhere from 1st to 6th, really hard to predict as it depends entirely on how they get on playing away from WHL. I think their home form will invariably drop off from last season, but if it somehow doesn't then they should get top 2. I personally think Trippier is a downgrade from Walker at RB but it's not catastrophic by any means.

Arsenal look too weak to get top four at the moment unless Spurs really tank. I'm worried Lacazette will be a flop as I've never really rated him from what I've seen, which admittedly isn't loads. But he's looked poor in pre-season. People seem to talk like he's quick but tbh he looks pretty sluggish to me.

Liverpool don't look to have enough depth to compete now they're in the CL and I think they'll regress a little.

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

Man Utd have bought pretty well

Have they? They were some 35+ goals off the top teams last year and haven't invested in the wide positions or AM that'll lead to more goals from players who aren't the main striker. There's going to be so much pressure on Lukaku to replicate what Zlatan did. Matic should free them up a little but I still see them struggling for goals.

To be honest all Liverpool games this season will finish

Win - 6-5
Lose - 1-0

It's gonna be fun!

Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham Hotspur
7. Everton
8. West Ham United
9. Bournmouth
10. Leicester City
11.  West Bromich Albion
12. Brighton & Hove Albion
13. Newcastle United
14. Southampton
15. Stoke City
16. Crystal Palace
17. Huddersfield Town
18. Swansea City
19. Burnley
20. Watford

FA Cup: Tottenham Hotspur
Champions League: Paris St Germain

25 minutes ago, Revival said:

Have they? They were some 35+ goals off the top teams last year and haven't invested in the wide positions or AM that'll lead to more goals from players who aren't the main striker. There's going to be so much pressure on Lukaku to replicate what Zlatan did. Matic should free them up a little but I still see them struggling for goals.

I think they've done solid business, albeit not spectacular. Mourinho needs to let the shackles off a bit but the question is will he do it?

He never really has done before, that's not how he likes his teams to play.

I also think Arsenal have an interesting season ahead if they don't buy anyone else. Wenger's thoughts about players running down contracts wanting to play to impress is rubbish, Sanchez will have had offers throughout this summer and will not be short of offers this January either. I can see another season outside the top 4, maybe 6th.

1 Man City

2 Chelsea

3 Tottenham

4 Arsenal

5 Man Utd

6 Liverpool

7 Everton

8 Leicester City

9 West Ham

10 Southampton

11 Stoke

12 Crystal Palace

13 Newcastle

14 West Brom

15 Swansea

16 Burnley

17 Watford

18 Brighton

19 Bournemouth

20 Huddersfield

FA Cup Man City

League Cup Southampton

Champions League Paris St Germain

United created a lot of chances last season, just converted few of them. I think with Lukaku and the pace of the other attacking wing forwards and Matic protecting he'll play the kind of counter attacking football he likes and while the number of goals won't match other top of the table teams it won't be as far off, but it will mean all those goalless draws turn into wins.

Two things on other table predictions I'm not sure about are West Ham high and Watford relegated. West Ham were pretty shaky last season and Watford have Marco Silva.

If Liverpool can hold onto Coutinho and get a defender and maybe a goalie I'll have them as champions. On their day they're the best team in the league as proven by their results against the other top teams last year. It's the other days they need to work on. 

And for all their signings, as long as Everton have Rooney as their main man then they'll struggle to retain 7th. He's been utterly awful tonight. If he was any good Mourinho would've kept him. 

Spurs might struggle at Wembley. 

Stoke could be flirting with relegation too. They've got rid of a load of dependable players and brought no-one in. 

Anyway I'll go for:

1. Liverpool

2. Man City

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Man U

6. Spurs

7. West Ham

8. Everton

9. Palace

10. Southampton 

11. Bournemouth 

12. Leicester 

13. Newcastle

14. Baggies

15. Brighton

16. Swansea

17. Stoke

18. Burnley

19. Watford

20. Huddersfield

FA Cup: Man U

League Cup: Birmingham City (lol)

Champ League: PSG

Stoke could be flirting with relegation too. They've got rid of a load of dependable players and brought no-one in. 

Spot on ... Apart from the occasional game we've been pretty crap for the past season and a half.

Losing Arnautovic, Walters and Whelan will leave some big gaps.

The manager seemingly hasnt got much of a clue regarding formation, his best 11 or how to defend

Points are going to be very hard to come by for the first 6-8 games given how tough our opponents are

7-1 seems generous odds for a relegation spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Man City
2 Chelsea
3 Tottenham
4 Man Utd
5 Arsenal
6 Liverpool
7 West Ham
8 Everton
9 Crystal Palace
10 Leicester City
11 Swansea
12 Southampton
13 Newcastle
14 Bournemouth
15 Burnley
16 WBA
17 Watford
18 Stoke
19 Huddersfield
20 Brighton

League Cup: Bristol City
Champions League: Manchester City

Chelsea and City feel like they should be miles ahead of everyone else. If Spurs really don't like playing at Wembley you could see them dropping 2-3 places. I've got a feeling Liverpool will eventually lose Coutinho to Barca.

I've found it a bit difficult this year to place 9-20 as no one really stands out. West Brom will probably be hard to beat with their Pulis-Megson formation of 10-0-0 but score 12 goals all season.

One week to go!

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Chelsea
5. Man Utd
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. West Ham 
10. West Brom
11. Crystal Palace
12. Stoke
13. Bournmouth
14. Southampton
15. Burnley
16. Swansea
17. Watford
18. Newcastle 
19. Brighton 
20. Huddersfield

FA Cup: Liverpool
League Cup: Man Utd

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
5. Man Utd
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Bournemouth
10. Watford
11. Southampton
12. West Ham
13. Crystal Palace
14. Burnley
15. Stoke
16. Swansea
17. Newcastle
18. Huddersfield 
19. West Brom 
20. Brighton

FA Cup: Man City
League Cup: Man Utd

• 3 weeks later...

I literally cannot decide on who will miss out on the top 4. Toughest season ever to predict.

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

5. Spurs 
6. Everton
7. Arsenal
8. Leicester
9. Southampton
10. West Brom
11. Stoke
12. Watford
13. Bournmouth
14. Newcastle
15. Burnley
16. Huddersfield
17. West Ham
18. Brighton
19. Palace
20. Swansea

2 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

I literally cannot decide on who will miss out on the top 4. Toughest season ever to predict.

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

5. Spurs 
6. Everton
7. Arsenal
8. Leicester
9. Southampton
10. West Brom
11. Stoke
12. Watford
13. Bournmouth
14. Newcastle
15. Burnley
16. Huddersfield
17. West Ham
18. Brighton
19. Palace
20. Swansea

Haven't you missed the fact that it's started already? It's not surprising you've got Palace and West Ham near the bottom given their starts and Man Utd as 2nd given their start.

25 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Haven't you missed the fact that it's started already? It's not surprising you've got Palace and West Ham near the bottom given their starts and Man Utd as 2nd given their start.

We go up to the transfer deadline for submissions. Always have done. If Revival says otherwise, feel free to scrap mine.

I support Millwall, so always put West Ham low. And I would have thought Palace without Sakho is an obvious relegation candidate, I can't see who'll be feeding Benteke. They'll do better when Zaha is back obviously, but I can't see many worse teams.