Jump to content
rllmuk
Nespresso

Red Letter Media Fan Club

Recommended Posts

I haven't made it all the way through yet, but I like that he's shitting on Sony Pictures and their track record of absolute dross. That product placement...

 

I still don't understand the fanatical fanboyism over the original Ghostbusters though - "a masterpiece", nah.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this one actually has legit film criticism again? The Force Awakens one was 50% them moaning about other YouTube reviewers stealing their lunch and 50% moaning that there were now too many ethnics in Star Wars.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

I still don't understand the fanatical fanboyism over the original Ghostbusters though - "a masterpiece", nah.

 

I don't think anyone's saying it's Citizen Kane, but for a family-friendly comedy it pretty much is a masterpiece.

 

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

So this one actually has legit film criticism again? The Force Awakens one was 50% them moaning about other YouTube reviewers stealing their lunch and 50% moaning that there were now too many ethnics in Star Wars.

 

I never got through TFA review, but this is film criticism, yeah. There's not a lot to say about TFA critically (well, for a Plinkett video anyway) but Ghostbusters is ripe for it. People have mentioned Half in the Bag only reviewing Marvel/DC/other shit, but that's where they have their most fun and it's a joy to watch. The Rogue One review is one of my favourites of theirs, with the montage of references and Rich dancing about repeating 'AT-STs!'. It makes for a better review when they can dip into the production process too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was much better than I expected. A decent deconstruction of the movie's faults. 

 

He's spot on about the cast not shutting up - and it makes trying to edit a better version from the material nigh-on impossible.

 

That said, I'm not totally offended by the film and still like some parts of it - just not the parts that actually mattered, sadly. It upsets me they're going to try and tie the two universes together instead of writing this off as a non-canon misfire.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 13:48, Shoes said:

I never got through TFA review, but this is film criticism, yeah. There's not a lot to say about TFA critically (well, for a Plinkett video anyway) but Ghostbusters is ripe for it. People have mentioned Half in the Bag only reviewing Marvel/DC/other shit, but that's where they have their most fun and it's a joy to watch. The Rogue One review is one of my favourites of theirs, with the montage of references and Rich dancing about repeating 'AT-STs!'. It makes for a better review when they can dip into the production process too.

 

Their Rogue One commentary is hilarious as well (I'm a bit ashamed to admit I've watched the film with it on twice now).  In fact all of their commentaries are really great, even the Gremlins one which mostly consists of them gushing about how it's the perfect film:

 

https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/audio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put me down as another who thinks they are great. Their best of the worst series reminds me of being 18 and watching shitty £1 video rentals from the local crappy video store with my mates, drinking the cheapest beer we could find.

 

Hope they do this classic

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Captain Novaforce said:

Put me down as another who thinks they are great. Their best of the worst series reminds me of being 18 and watching shitty £1 video rentals from the local crappy video store with my mates, drinking the cheapest beer we could find.

 

Hope they do this classic

 

 

 

They said on their Terminator commentary that Maniac Cop has an even better police station shoot-out, is that true?  It looks utterly amazing.

 

"deceleration injury"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maniac Cop is fantastic, really well-directed, lots of plot. The other two aren't quite as good but worth a watch. Definitely get and watch the first one at least.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2017 at 20:58, PK said:

 

Their Rogue One commentary is hilarious as well (I'm a bit ashamed to admit I've watched the film with it on twice now).  In fact all of their commentaries are really great, even the Gremlins one which mostly consists of them gushing about how it's the perfect film:

 

https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/audio

 

I listened to that a few nights ago and it's wonderful. Some top, top Mike Star Wars impressions in there. His Admiral Ackbar never ceases to make me lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's so, so good.  Is it in that commentary where they make up a backstory about why Admiral Ackbar particularly hates traps? :lol: 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VN1X said:

Ooooh boy 23 minutes of bliss coming up.

 

 

 

Very cool.

 

From Patreon:

 

Quote

In anticipation of the new IT adaptation, Mike and Jay just shot a re:View of the original 1990 IT miniseries that we'll put up sometime next week.

 

Should be good! :)

 

Also, on the subject of commentary tracks:

 

Quote

Nothing specific planned right now but there will definitely be more coming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can just imagine the action figure line. Darth Maul is Darth Maul, the iconic Darth Maul we all know and love except for he has robot legs." :lol:

 

RedLetterMedia absolutely kill it with their Star Wars snark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.