rllmuk
Qazimod

New Persona games announced: P3 Dancing In Moonlight and P5 Dancing In Starlight OUT NOW (PS4/Vita) PQ2 also announced (3DS)

Atlus dropped some big Persona announcements in today’s concert livestream.

Called the Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb, the event was livestreamed from Japan through Japanese streaming service Nico Nico. You had to pay 1,500 yen for a virtual ticket, though. Regardless, during the show, the publisher revealed two new Persona titles coming next year. These are Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night, and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night. Both are scheduled for release in the spring of 2018 on PS4, and PS Vita in Japan.

A teaser website for the two games is now live, though the trailer links appear to be dead at the moment. We’re not sure about the details just yet, but those will likely come later in the day.

Finally, Atlus also announced another persona game: Persona Q2 for Nintendo 3DS. The game is likely a sequel to Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, which came out in 2014.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/02/all-the-persona-news-from-todays-livestream-persona-5-dancing-star-night-persona-3-dancing-moon-night-persona-q2/

Okay, there was no way they could ever match the hype of the P5 reveal stream (which teased Ultimax, Q, Dancing and P5) but this is good news for fans of those series. Me, I don't own a 3DS (or care about EO gameplay) and I still haven't played P4D, but they seem like perfect sequel and spin-off fodder. (I would have loved a new Arena though, grumble grumble...)

P3 Dancing trailer:

P5 Dancing trailer:

PQ2 teaser site

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Was hoping for a P5Ruby or something for Vita in the same way we got P4G

Theyre not going to release a new, updated game for the Vita you mental.

:lol::P 

• Upvote 3

A few have popped up online (search for Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb 2017), they'll likely be removed soon though (the livestream was a paid thing).

One clip:

• Upvote 5

I'd be happy with FES on PS4 as the emulated PS2 game. Not sure about Persona 5 characters in a Persona Q game, P3 and P4 had a dreamlike quality to them whereas P5 is a lot more grounded in the real world.

19 minutes ago, Wiper said:

A few have popped up online (search for Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb 2017), they'll likely be removed soon though (the livestream is a paid thing).

Cheers.

She's dressed as a Makoto to boot. :wub:

52 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Huh? What! Are these dancing games? I doubt these will be released outside of Japan.

Why not? Persona 4 Dancing All Night was and that was a Vita exclusive.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Why not? Persona 4 Dancing All Night was and that was a Vita exclusive.

Did it sell well? That might decide if these new titles are released in the west.

12 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Did it sell well? That might decide if these new titles are released in the west.

Idiots like me bought the £70 limited edition box set and that sold out. I'd argue that there's clearly a market for it. There's plenty of physical vita games still being churned out at the moment and Atlus have always been big supporters in the past. There's no reason to believe they won't appear.

• Upvote 2

I'm curious to try out one of them on the PS4, don't think I've played anything like it since Dance Dance Revolution in the arcades.

16 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Oh! yes please

I was tempted to get a Playstation TV, just to play the Vita versions of these two games. 

I'd rather play them on my TV than on a handheld but seems the price of the PS tv has shot up! Looks discontinued. 

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

If P4G wasn't portable it wouldn't get played.

It's the reason I'm not getting P5.

I will say that I managed to put 170 hours into Zelda because of the Switch console/portable hybrid thing. I could just play it whenever and where ever I wanted. Put that much time into in it around 6 weeks. 

Persona 5 took me 140 hours to finish and basically ate up 4 months of videogame related free time.  

1 minute ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I will say that I managed to put 170 hours into Zelda because of the Switch console/portable hybrid thing. I could just play it whenever and where ever I wanted. Put that much time into in it around 6 weeks. 

Persona 5 took me 140 hours to finish and basically ate up 4 months of videogame related free time.  

Yeah. The problem with P4G is that although it's mostly family friendly, Kanji tends to FUCKING SWEAR like a SHIT. So I can't just put it on the telly for a couple of hours while my daughter is about. It's a shame, because she would like it - she watched pretty much all of Tokyo Mirage (although Barry dropped a couple of shits, I noticed). Being handheld she can't really watch.

That, and the fact I can get away for playing it more when I don't need to clog up the TV.

14 minutes ago, deKay said:

Yeah. The problem with P4G is that although it's mostly family friendly, Kanji tends to FUCKING SWEAR like a SHIT. So I can't just put it on the telly for a couple of hours while my daughter is about. It's a shame, because she would like it - she watched pretty much all of Tokyo Mirage (although Barry dropped a couple of shits, I noticed). Being handheld she can't really watch.

That, and the fact I can get away for playing it more when I don't need to clog up the TV.

Persona 5 even includes a hentai dick monster persona. Appearing just out of the blue so there's also that.