IGNORED

Ant-Man and The Wasp - July 2018

Goose

Oh shit good point, the mass is the same as it's the sub atomic gaps that change size. Doh. 

That means he'll be much, much stronger then. Don't worry guys everything's fine.

• 2 weeks later...

How in the absolute bastarding fuckery am I supposed to avoid spoilers for this for the whole month delay between it being released in the US and here?!?

All in the name of not getting in the way of the world cup. As if I didn't hate football already, now it's fucking with my MCU fix. Not fucking on at all.

On 08/06/2018 at 10:24, whizzo said:

SO how come he seems to get stronger when hes bigger?

And light enough to sit on a flying any when small

• 3 weeks later...

This is already out in Finland, saw it midweek. It's decent, but definitely a shade below Ant-Man. It's not as wildly creative or funny as the first, but it's got some good set-pieces and jokes throughout. I'd say Ant-Man and The Wasp leans heavily on its predecessor for character development because there isn't much here, to be honest. Still worth the price of the ticket and fits into the Marvel Universe well. I like that it deals with the consequences of people's actions, well at least Scott's (as long as you've seen Ant-Man and Civil War).

It's definitely a movie for MU fans, and as such, if you're going to see this make sure you stay for the first post-credits scene. 

I saw it last night and thought it fell well below Marvel standards. It's the script and how poor everything interconnects scene to scene, it's so forced and ill thought out. Oh, this guy just happens to get here conveniently far too many times for the story to progress without an explanation as to how this could possibly (and realistically as you can a Marvel movie) happen. 

Theres cute moments and a likable cast but it its ultimately frustrating because if these guys simply took the time to have  a civil conversation then 3/4 of this movie doesn't need to exist. Fishburn is always likeable and Ghost you sympathize with. Just work together you dummy's! 

Its another Dark World for me.

Anyway, pay careful attention to what Pfeiffer says at the end credits, this surely has meaning for Infinity War.

It might be a spoiler to say that this movie spoils nothing. But there it is.

As with the the first one It's fun, it's fine, you can afford to skip it. I assume there's some world cup press tour logic that mean's i'll never pay to see this?. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to avoid hearing any spoilers until I saw it today. It's good, but maybe not quite as good as the original.

Spoiler

Liked Goggins repeatedly turning up and getting in everyone's way.

Mid-credit scene played out exactly like I expected, yet left me feeling sadder than when it went down in Infinity War. Though I do wonder if the throwaway warning about time vortex will be important to resolving the whole thing.

The post credits scene was in at least one trailer!

Really enjoyed this - it's very small scale (pun intended), good fun, some great effects and very amusing. Whole audience was chuckling throughout.

An enjoyable funny caper film that acts as a nice contrast to the big events of Infinity War.

Ant-man And The Wasp is pretty much exactly as expected - an ok Marvel film. It doesn't really have a plot per se - just a series of contrivances that lead to various parties chasing after the same MacGuffin (in the actual Hitchcockian sense of the word). All the characters are still charming and funny, but with their screen time a bit more thinly spread as they are joined by a few new charming and funny characters. It also doesn't suffer from the Black Panther thing where all the real CGI artists were away making Infinity War, so the effects are pretty good too.

So a bit thin for a sequel, but not as thin as Guardians or Thor 2.

16 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Really enjoyed this - it's very small scale (pun intended), good fun, some great effects and very amusing. Whole audience was chuckling throughout.

An enjoyable funny caper film that acts as a nice contrast to the big events of Infinity War.

I was going to post something but this sums up my feelings exactly. They really ramp up the whole size shifting mechanic in this sequel too.

Didn't the 1st post-credits confirm that (IW spoiler coming up)

Spoiler

Ant Man sat out Infinity War?

He was pissing around with Hank, Janet and her mum when everyone else was fighting it out for their survival in Wakanda and space.

Only when Thanos clicks his fingers and kills half of the universe does Scott get stuck in the Quantum Realm. So he wasn't stuck there during IW, he just didn't bother to fight.

You dick Scott! :angry:

Good film though.

2 minutes ago, NickC said:

Didn't the 1st post-credits confirm that (IW spoiler coming up)

Hide contents

Ant Man sat out Infinity War?

He was pissing around with Hank, Janet and her mum when everyone else was fighting it out for their survival in Wakanda and space.

Only when Thanos clicks his fingers and kills half of the universe does Scott get stuck in the Quantum Realm. So he wasn't stuck there, he just didn't bother to fight.

You dick Scott! :angry:

Good film though.

No one told him. Or Hawkeye.

Thought this was let down by the editing that threw off a lot of the dramatic moments, jokes, and action,* and they never quite sold the emotional stakes, but boy was that big set piece fun.

*They cut from a punchline to a dramatic moment without giving you the fraction of a second needed to register the joke, things like that. Just didn’t quite work the way it should given the material.

The opening maze sequence was one of those rare Marvel character moments that’s really human and effective and earnest and takes time out to do something not completely plot related, like when Cap is meeting Peggy again in that one movie.