rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Superhot VR

1 hour ago, Hardbattle said:

I've tried stepping forwards, but it seemed to do nothing. I'll have another go later on.

If you want the solution...

Spoiler

In the end I managed to get past it just by crouching down.  Very odd.   I walked forwards a few paces and was floating around in the sky above the cars.  It's kinda broken.

• Upvote 1

I just looked down over the edge and that triggered it.

What I couldn't get to work properly was the weird

Spoiler

telekinect? powers

you have for a few levels where you have to press the T buttons and triggers down together. And the throwing is kinda shite. But overall very impressed so far. Very sweaty though! 

Throwing might just be shite because the move controllers are pretty shite.

I seem to recall you've got a trigger, and then four standard buttons on top? The game on the rift makes use of the grip mechanic (under your middle to little fingers) and then a separate trigger under your index finger. Tossing simply means you release your grip. 

But it I suppose there isn't much they can really do with the moves.

This is pretty fucking cool. I suppose it's the Matrix in VR that is sort of surprisingly a puzzle game. The concept is perfect for VR and it looks pretty swish graphically beyond the fuzziness. I can certainly see why a PS4 Pro patch is incoming though. 

It has crashed once on me though and I've punched the wall twice. Does need a fair bit of room.

This is just spectacular.

I've bought a lot of VR stuff (to my fiscal shame), and even stuff like far point are still mainly experiences (which is great), but this is a god damn, game. Just superb.

The people moaning about the restarts are missing the point. I'm terrible at this and scrape through like inelegant shit, but over time, I improve and improve and eventually I'm running through the last five levels like a fucking ballet dancer in a graceful co-ordinated death machine.

I start the game like a nerd playing a computer game, I end it feeling like action hero.

Its  choreography-puzzle-sim and it's glorious.

• Upvote 6

franks doing a livestream of this right now

did you know there's a real-time mode? like, a normal FPS? Still static, but they move independant of your movement

Okay my second go of this went a lot better. Getting the camera in a position so you can see your entire body helps so much. Picking things up is a lot easier.

Starting to master throwing guns/weapons into the next part of the level which just feels incredible when you pull it off.

11 minutes ago, Duckula said:

Starting to master throwing guns/weapons into the next part of the level which just feels incredible when you pull it off.

:o Had no idea you could do that! 

6 hours ago, Duckula said:

Okay my second go of this went a lot better. Getting the camera in a position so you can see your entire body helps so much. Picking things up is a lot easier.

wait wut?

wait, wut!?!

1 hour ago, Hardbattle said:

Got to the end. Bloody brilliant game. Definitely one to let people try. Although it's a puzzle game at heart, it owes a lot to Max Payne.

Only in so much as Max Payne owed a lot to the Matrix. Stylistically it has nothing to do with Max Payne, and specific use of slow motion - controlled by the player's movements, and not by some kind of gauge - isn't really the same as any of the mechanics in Max Payne in anything other than the lightest detail.

• Upvote 1

Been playing this for a couple of hours now and I'm quite enjoying it.

I think it needs some markings on the floor to indicate the best place to stand to reorientate yourself, similar to the circle in Batman.

I've died many times because I've been unable to grab a weapon out of the air or from a table because I've slowly drifted away from the sweet spot and the moves are out of bounds. I'm having to lift the helmet at the start of every round to check where I am and reposition myself which ruins the immersion a little.

Good game though, certainly makes you sweaty.

2 hours ago, BubbleFish said:

This worth playing without VR? Love the look of it but everything so far suggests it really need VR to make the most of the concept.

They're quite different games. The none vr one is even more of a puzzle fps.

• Upvote 1

Hold down the big middle button when you move.

Proper Matrix stuff this though, really enjoyable. I played for about three hours last night which is the longest I've put into VR for a while. Thanks for the recommendation! 

So you hold the middle button down when you start moving and the object is automatically thrown when you stop moving?

I've been pushing the button when I want the object to be released. Maybe that's why everything falls at my feet 

25 minutes ago, MrSpiggott said:

So you hold the middle button down when you start moving and the object is automatically thrown when you stop moving?

I've been pushing the button when I want the object to be released. Maybe that's why everything falls at my feet 

Yep :)

• Upvote 3

I didn't realise that about the throw. I've been pressing it when I want to let go of the object. Hopefully that will help as it's my only annoyance with what is otherwise a fantastic game. I'll even forgive it for making me punch the mantelpiece!