rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Superhot VR

Superhot VR is absolutely spectacular. I'm pretty sure that this is the finest gaming experience going today for £20 (or £16 if you preordered).

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Pungee said:

Superhot VR is absolutely spectacular. I'm pretty sure that this is the finest gaming experience going today for £20 (or £16 if you preordered).

I'm not sold yet, but only 15 minutes in. It's really basic so far, and the throwing and shooting feel off somehow. It also completely bugged out at the end of the introduction bit, and I had to restart. 

Given all the praise it's getting I'm sure it'll improve, but I'm not itching to get back in.  

Superhot is tremendous

Slightly frustrating to begin with as I hadn't cleared enough space in the room and the tracking was way off until I recalibrated it

Definitely best played standing up

It's essentially a puzzle game with guns and throwing things isn't it  . When you hook it up you feel absolutely badass . Like a no look throw hitting a moving target whilst shooting another guy . The bullet dodging definitely gives you a bit of a work out ! 

Ive had a couple of glitches and had to restart . But overall it's good fun . 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

had to restart

i guess start or select on the moves lets you restart - i forgot they had start/select buttons so couldn't restart when i got stuck inside a 

Spoiler

helecopter

and couldn't work out what to do. great fun up to that point anyway :)

I didn't try and restart, but when I played Superhot, I couldn't throw anything. 

Didn't matter if I made a throwing motion and pressed or released the trigger at the point I wanted to throw.  Just never let me.

Also, it's currently too hot to play Superhot.

Well Superhot has shot straight up to one of my favourite VR titles... amazing stuff.

Sweating buckets.. and my first VR related injury from punching the light fitting whilst trying to grab a sawnoff shotgun flying towards me! 

IMG_8876.thumb.JPG.d272c8f81957992022174f86613811f7.JPG

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I couldn't throw anything. 

Didn't matter if I made a throwing motion and pressed or released the trigger at the point I wanted to throw.  Just never let me.

it's the big button on the top to throw :)

• Upvote 1

I found instead of flicking your wrist to throw, just push your arm out and let go of the button. Worked a bit better for me. 

I hate the way it sends you back to the fist part of the level each time. No need for that.

5 minutes ago, spatular said:

it's the big button on the top to throw :)

That is quite the revelation. :blush:  Cheers!

I must've glanced at that part of the tutorial and assumed it was the trigger.  Strange button to stick it on.

Superhot is great apart from having to restart 5 levels back - sometimes the tracking fucks up and it feels like being unfairly punished. Currently stuck on the level where you're in a cube shaped room with 3 guys shooting you immediately.

Exactly where I am. I gave up after about 2 tries. That's not even the hardest one to do in that wave though, I was just sick of restarting the whole thing again.

21 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Loving Supersweatyhot, but am stuck on the level that's asking me to commit.... any ideas folks?

West End Girls - "There's a gun in your hand..."

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hardbattle said:

Loving Supersweatyhot, but am stuck on the level that's asking me to commit.... any ideas folks?

There's more than one of those. The second one took me ages, as stepping forwards (which seemed the obvious solution) did nothing. 

I quite like catching the Trophy post-its that float down when you unlock them, although that does usually end in death. 

And yeah, they need to patch that 5 level restart nonsense right the fuck out of there. 

8 hours ago, Duckula said:

Superhot is great apart from having to restart 5 levels back - sometimes the tracking fucks up and it feels like being unfairly punished. Currently stuck on the level where you're in a cube shaped room with 3 guys shooting you immediately.

Took me a fair few goes that one . By the time I did it I was absolutely godlike at the preceding 4 levels 

Anyone else struggling with calibration?

Played the first few levels. Then appeared in an office full of computers . I was stood next to a roller blind and all the computers were behind me. Couldn't walk backwards because of my real.life sofa, so I ended up walking through the wall, forwards and to the right out of the window and into the air, then holding options to recalibrate (which put me back next to the roller blind).  Then I stepped backwards and to the left to get to the computer to put the disk in.

Continued to play on but the hands were all over the place and when I took the headset off I was facing the wrong way.

In that computer room if I stand facing g the ps camera then recalibrate it puts me next to the wall and the roller blind, not in the centre of the room . 

I appeared outside of that room, had to take a step forward though the wall to actually get in, confused me at first.

Couldn't get close enough to the computers to pick up the disc and put it in though, so I had to restart the game.

Luckily when I appeared next time I was actually in the room.

Apart from that it's great, very sweaty after only playing 30 minutes of it last night at midnight.

3 minutes ago, Spleen said:

I appeared outside of that room, had to take a step forward though the wall to actually get in, confused me at first.

Couldn't get close enough to the computers to pick up the disc and put it in though, so I had to restart the game.

Luckily when I appeared next time I was actually in the room.

Apart from that it's great, very sweaty after only playing 30 minutes of it last night at midnight.

That's what happened to me. I wasn't sure if I'd positioned the camera very well (haven't used the VR in months) as I kept stepping out of the play area.

Yeah I think there's a bug with the starting room - I ended up floating outside in space and thought it was a meta thing that I had to glitch my way through the wall to get back in (which I ended up doing somehow).

They're not going to patch out the restart thing.

once you get into the flow you end up treating the replays as training exercises and a way to get into the zone (or reaching Pete's God mode): try doing different things in them...

like throwing your gun to the next place you move to before grasping the diamond (not that I've ever done this successfully)

• Upvote 2

Well, my first time throwing a move controller happened on this last night :lol: My son was crying with laughter on the floor, 4 Bad guys running at me, my guns out of Ammo, my son shouts "throw the gun at him" so i launch the controller at the wall :lol::lol:

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

That's what the wrist straps are for, you twonk! :lol:

Gonna pick this up when i get paid. Can't wait. 

They were put on for my second attempt :lol: I was only having a quick go.

Yeah this was the first and only VR game (on Oculus) where I swung my arm into a wall, left a scratch on my touch controller. It was this that made me change my setup into a different area of the apartment.

Yeah, my son punched me squarely in the balls playing this last night.  I was only standing close to him to prevent him from hitting the wall or something.

Hurt like a motherfucker.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, catinthehat said:

There's more than one of those. The second one took me ages, as stepping forwards (which seemed the obvious solution) did nothing. 

I quite like catching the Trophy post-its that float down when you unlock them, although that does usually end in death. 

And yeah, they need to patch that 5 level restart nonsense right the fuck out of there. 

I've tried stepping forwards, but it seemed to do nothing. I'll have another go later on.