rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Superhot VR

Ok, SUPERHOT embargo is up.

SUPERHOT VR ON PSVR IS FUCKING AMAZING AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY IT.

I've only played the PSVR version, so I can't comment on the non-VR version that's also coming out, but my god, the VR version is such fun.

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, murray said:

Ok, SUPERHOT embargo is up.

SUPERHOT VR ON PSVR IS FUCKING AMAZING AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY IT.

I've only played the PSVR version, so I can't comment on the non-VR version that's also coming out, but my god, the VR version is such fun.

imma play it... on the 19th?

Other thoughts:

• I finished the game in about 3.5 - 4 hours.
  • There's a fair bit of replayability with time trials and endless mode
  • You feel like an absolute bad ass when playing this thing
  • The tracking is rock solid
  • It's probably the best gameplay I've experienced in PSVR
  • The VR version doesn't have any locomotion movement (you're just stood in one spot in each of the scenarios) so it's great as a demo for VR for people who haven't experienced it before
  •  I had to watch the Matrix immediately after finishing it
  • Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, murray said:

Other thoughts:

• I finished the game in about 3.5 - 4 hours.
  • There's a fair bit of replayability with time trials and endless mode
  • You feel like an absolute bad ass when playing this thing
  • The tracking is rock solid
  • It's probably the best gameplay I've experienced in PSVR
  • The VR version doesn't have any locomotion movement (you're just stood in one spot in each of the scenarios) so it's great as a demo for VR for people who haven't experienced it before
  •  I had to watch the Matrix immediately after finishing it

Thanks murray. SOLD!

30 minutes ago, Gorf said:

Does superhot need the aim controller or is it best with 2 x move controllers?

Don't think it's Aim-compatible, is it?

What does the 'Mind us Software' give you over the vanilla version?

1 hour ago, Reynard said:

What does the 'Mind us Software' give you over the vanilla version?

i think/hope that's a double pack with the VR and non-VR game. if it's ~£26 it's what i've preordered anyway. been meaning to get the non-VR super hot for a while now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spatular said:

i think/hope that's a double pack with the VR and non-VR game. if it's ~£26 it's what i've preordered anyway. been meaning to get the non-VR super hot for a while now.

I just thought that the VR game was the same, just in VR.  That's not the case.

You're correct, @spatular: it's the original version.  Found some blurb:

After a full extra year of redesigning, rebuilding and audacious trailblazing, the SUPERHOT Team released SUPERHOT VR - a separate title, with a completely different story, core gameplay refined and honed for VR and dozens of completely new gameplay levels. It's a title born in VR. No compromise. No shortcuts.

Now, for the first time in the history of the genre, you can get both the original SUPERHOT and it's VR-born reincarnation in one fell swoop.

I'm definitely in for the VR version.  Don't know how much of a saving the pre-order price is, though, or is the offer just for PS+ members (and it's always going to be 19.99)?

EDIT: Signed up for 14 day PS+ trial and got it for £15.99 (and yes, have set a reminder on my phone to cancel it before it auto-renews!).

• Upvote 1

The state of the PSVR version is why I was holding back on the Superhot pre-order, just in case that was nobbled as well.

That was until @murray dropped in with the good news. :D

Might buy AS if they release a patch which sorts the issues.

• Upvote 1

Superhot is you in the matrix.

you don't imagine being in the matrix sat on a sofa, or using a controller.

with the rift I'd do things like step left and right behind local cover; drop to my knees while throwing knives into the throats of my implacable enemies; swipe my foes bullets from the air with the barrel of my shotgun; twist and spin through the bullet trails of my antagonists until they were forced to reload...

But dual moves has to be mandatory for that. Something like the aim controller couldn't replicate dual wielding a knife and a pistol, or a shotgun and a throwing star.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, as much as I love the Aim Controller, this game is dual Moves all day long.

This is definitely a standing game, and one of the games that I feel requires the most amount of space to play in, which is strange considering that you're standing in one place. But with all the ducking, leaning, outstretched arms and throwing items and weapons, you need to make sure you've got a decent amount of space around you.

Make sure you buy the VR version of SUPERHOT on the PlayStation Store btw. Already seen some people on Reddit buying the wrong one.

There's original non-VR version, SUPERHOT VR, and the bundle that contains both versions.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I've pre-ordered the bundle. Seems like a good deal, although did PC folk get the VR content for free?

They didn't. The only people who did were people who backed the kickstarter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, murray said:

Make sure you buy the VR version of SUPERHOT on the PlayStation Store btw. Already seen some people on Reddit buying the wrong one.

There's original non-VR version, SUPERHOT VR, and the bundle that contains both versions.

This one

preordered.JPG.65857d21700e74f9700aced77e1c6768.JPG

8-)

not this one:

Spoiler

notthisone.JPG.5d8e7f97554e552271a800183f3e89d8.JPG

Edited by SeanR

Bah. 45 minutes until SHVR unlocks, and I've got to get up at 5:30 tomorrow. I guess it'll have to wait. 

On on the plus side, I did watch that video and it does look good. 

This is all on you, murray. 

Yeah, Superhot is something else. Having trouble with throwing stuff. Always seem to just throw down to my feet. Went through the 3rd wave of stuff without dying. Felt good.