IGNORED

The Snowman (no, not that one)

JohnC

Less walking in the air, more killing in the snow. Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Toby Jones and J.K. Simmons star in an adaptation of a book by Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø. Fassbender is the dubiously named detective Harry Hole, investigating a serial killer.

Directed by Tomas Alfredson (Let the Right One In, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy). Released in UK on 13 October and US on 20 October.

Alfredson is a terrific director and there's a great cast, but taking away the fact that I hate Jo Nesbo's writing, that trailer was utterly forgettable. It seemed completely directionless but mostly suffered from Fassbender's scenes registering 'teak' on the wooden gauge.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I read the book recently as I heard it was getting made into a movie. It was enjoyably disturbing as a story as this should be , but I have to say that I suspected the person who turned out to be the killer all the way along.  Maybe I be just watched and read too many similar movies, shows , books in this genre but the killer was just too " hidden in plain site".   

Thought it was gonna be shot when they interviewed Fassbender/Rebecca Ferguson on Kermode and Mayo and he couldn't really remember the movie because they shot it 2 years ago.  If you gotta wait more that 2 years for your movie to come out it's probably dogshit... Unless it's Samurai Cop.