rllmuk
JohnC

Aladdin - Live Action

Continuing their live action remakes of animated features, they've announced some main cast of Aladdin. Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Will Smith as the genie. Smith had been rumoured for the role. Guy Ritchie directing.

Will Smith as the genie? I can't see him coming anywhere close to the level of warmth, enthusiasm and humour that Robin Williams brought to the role. Directed by Guy Ritchie doesn't fill me with confidence either, how's he going to crowbar Cockney gangsters into this one?

8 hours ago, Comrade said:

I'm surprised Guy Ritchie kept this job after King Arthur.

It didn't get awful reviews though did it? It just did very badly at the box office, a problem this is guaranteed to not have.

A least theres alot they can do to change the overall story of Aladdin from it just being a carbon copy like Beauty and Beast felt like. Keep the same plot but change things around it a bit. 

Will Smith needs to be a CGI genie though, if its just him it'll completely take people out the film I think.

Guy Ritchie putting the lad in Ala... oh never mind.

2 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Will Smith needs to be a CGI genie though, if its just him it'll completely take people out the film I think.

Will be mo-capped Smith surely?

Read elsewhere that pretty much every major Disney animation is getting a live action reboot. Tim Burton helming Dumbo is probably the most intriguing.

On 12 October 2018 at 11:05, Darhkwing said:

Looking forward to this ( teasers are usually always a bit crap) but releasing this and the lion king only a few months apart ? Madness.

Dumbo is out next year as well!

1 hour ago, Ork1927 said:

Dumbo is out next year as well!

Add other franchises they own to the list and Disney are set to make some serious bank next year.

Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King live action

Captain Marvel

Avengers 4

Toy Story 4

Frozen 2

Star War IX

Crazy.

On 12/10/2018 at 17:14, probotector said:

You had me until guy ritchie.

i think he’s past his prime now but I don’t think they screw it up too hard as they have the blue prints already.

That prime was about 18 years ago now as well.

• Upvote 1