OMFG ITS BACK - Densha De Go HASHIRO YAMANOTE !

• 3 years later...

Lovely stuff.  Classic, pared back single track and mirror mode style with a packed field of over 100 other trains!  Can you arrive and depart from Shibuya station within 30 seconds?!

Seriously though, is this a simulator or does it have fun, game-y elements?

13 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Is the Switch version also 3/12/20?

Not sure, it may not have a release date yet. Nothing linked here under Switch to pre-order, and on the SPEC part it doesn't have a date under the Switch text...read into that what you will.... https://www.jp.square-enix.com/denshadego/

The JP Amazon store has two PS4 versions...

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=B08HNK7S2S|B08HNGM7LS&__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&ref=nb_sb_noss

I sometimes got a VERY enthusiastic Fukutoshin Line driver on my commute home. He was shouting out all the recognitions that they usually mumble/speak to themselves. The whole 1st car could hear him.

I hoped he used to play these games as a kid and was now living his best life.

55 minutes ago, QuackQuack said:

I sometimes got a VERY enthusiastic Fukutoshin Line driver on my commute home. He was shouting out all the recognitions that they usually mumble/speak to themselves. The whole 1st car could hear him.

I hoped he used to play these games as a kid and was now living his best life.

I used to get similar insightful commentary on my way to Edgware from central London on the Northern Line every once in a while, but I doubt he played much Densha De Go.

3 hours ago, englishbob said:

Its both ! It's probably not as "sim" as other western products.

Yeah, its not as simmy with the controls but its STRICTLY about keeping to time. It sounds shite, but its good fun and hey you gotta support Taito!

I didn't realise there were so many train lovers here. A few years ago I picked up a CD of the station theme tunes for the Yamanote line, I spotted it in a music shop in Tokyo while I was looking for something else, and it seemed like a bit of a mad idea so I bought it. I can dig it out, rip it and send it if anyone wants a copy?

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:37, layten said:

Bet it's still cheaper than Train Simulator and all its DLC.

fWOztFh.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator/

Fun fact: I went for a job there and didn't get it because I'm a vegetarian.

(What actually happened is I applied for a community manager role, and they also wanted the CM to cover their fishing simulator. I know a little bit about trains but nothing at all about fishing, and when I said I wouldn't LEARN to fish because I'm a vegetarian their eyes pretty much glazed over. My extensive experience of Sega Bass Fishing on the Dreamcast didn't come up.)