rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Commander Jameson

Rllmuk Fantasy Premier League 2017/18

The rllmuk Fantasy Premier League is now open.

rllmuk league code: 125858-32631

If you were a member of the league last season, then you should automatically be included. Otherwise, please use the league code above to join.

Other leagues to join:

marcus: FPL 2K17/18: 52534-15156

Smoothy: Cecil's Specials: code TBC

gospvg: 51 Broad St Bookshop: 111512-67272

https://fantasy.premierleague.com

GETTING STARTED TIPS

1. When you start the game, you can auto-fill your squad. You have unlimited transfers until the start of the first gameweek (GW) to refine your squad.

2. You can download the full list of players here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/437421 (I've creates a spreadsheet with this info in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmV2OcluriwYSwudcoetYJdJGzPUfVUKx1G-jpfiTDw/edit?usp=sharing)

3. More to follow (any tips for beginners welcome)

RULES

Spoiler

Selecting Your Initial Squad

Squad Size

To join the game select a fantasy football squad of 15 players, consisting of:

2 Goalkeepers

5 Defenders

5 Midfielders

3 Forwards

Budget

The total value of your initial squad must not exceed £100 million.

Players Per Team

You can select up to 3 players from a single Premier League team.

Managing your squad

Choosing your starting 11

From your 15 player squad, select 11 players by the Gameweek deadline to form your team.

All your points for the Gameweek will be scored by these 11 players, however if one or more doesn't play they may be automatically substituted.

Your team can play in any formation providing that 1 goalkeeper, at least 3 defenders and at least 1 forward are selected at all times.

Selecting a Captain and a Vice-Captain

From your starting 11 you nominate a captain and a vice-captain. Your captain's score will be doubled.

If your captain plays 0 minutes in the Gameweek, the captain will be changed to the vice-captain.

If both captain and vice-captain play 0 minutes in a Gameweek, then no player's score will be doubled.

Prioritising Your Bench For Automatic Substitutions

Your substitutes provide cover for unforeseen events like injuries and postponements by automatically replacing starting players who don't play in a Gameweek.

Based on the priorities you assign, automatic substitutions are processed at the end of the Gameweek as follows:

If your Goalkeeper plays 0 minutes in the Gameweek, he will be substituted by your replacement Goalkeeper, if he played in the Gameweek.

If any of your outfield players play 0 minutes in the Gameweek, they will be substituted by the highest priority outfield substitute who played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules (eg. If your starting team has 3 defenders, a defender can only be replaced by another defender).

Transfers

After selecting your squad you can buy and sell players in the transfer market. Unlimited transfers can be made at no cost until your first deadline.

After your first deadline you will receive 1 free transfer each Gameweek. Each additional transfer you make in the same Gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total score (Classic scoring) and match score (Head-to-Head scoring) at the start of the next Gameweek.

If you do not use your free transfer, you are able to make an additional free transfer the following Gameweek. If you do not use this saved free transfer in the following Gameweek, it will be carried over until you do. You can never have more than 1 saved transfer.

Wildcards

For information on wildcards please refer to the chips section of the rules.

Player Prices

Player prices change during the season dependent on the popularity of the player in the transfer market. Player prices do not change until the season starts.

The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest £0.1m) will be applied on any profits made on that player.

For example, if you buy a player for £8.3m and when you transfer him his price is £9.0m, his selling price will be £8.6m.

Chips

Chips can be used to potentially enhance your team's performance during the season.

Only one chip can be played in a single Gameweek. The chips available are as follows:

Name - Effect

Bench Boost - The points scored by your bench players in the next Gameweek are included in your total.

Free Hit - Make unlimited free transfers for a single Gameweek. At the next deadline your squad is returned to how it was at the start of the Gameweek.

Triple Captain - Your captain points are tripled instead of doubled in the next Gameweek.

Wildcard - All transfers (including those already made) in the Gameweek are free of charge.

The Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips can each be used once a season and are played when saving your team on the my team page. They can be cancelled at anytime before the Gameweek deadline.

The Free Hit chip can be used once a season, is played when confirming your transfers and can't be cancelled after confirmed.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season. The first wilcard will be available from the start of the season until 30 Dec 14:00. The second wildcard will be available after this date in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season. The Wildcard chip is played when confirming transfers that cost points and can't be cancelled once played.

Deadlines

All changes to your team (starting 11, transfers, captain changes, substitiution priorities) must be made by the Gameweek deadline in order to take effect for that set of matches.

Deadlines are subject to change and will be 1 hour before the kick-off time in the first match of the Gameweek.

Scoring

f8aXpl8.png

Leagues

After entering your squad, you can join and create leagues to compete with friends and other game players.

League Types

Private Leagues

Private leagues are the heart and soul of the game, where you compete against your friends. Just create a league and then send out the unique code to allow your friends to join, easy!

You can compete in up to 15 private leagues. There's no limit on the number of teams in a single league.

Public Leagues

Need an extra challenge? Then join a public league of 20 randomly assigned teams. You can compete in up to 3 public leagues.

Global Leagues

You are automatically entered into the following global leagues:

The overall league featuring all registered teams

A league for fellow managers from your country

A league for supporters of your favourite Premier League team

A league for managers starting the same Gameweek as you

The Fantasy Cup (starts in Gameweek 18)

League Scoring

All leagues score on either a Classic or Head-to-Head basis.

Classic Scoring

In a league with classic scoring, teams are ranked based on their total points in the game. You can join or leave a league with classic scoring at any point during the season.

In the event of a tie between teams, the team who has made the least amount of transfers will be positioned higher. Any transfers made using a wildcard will not count towards total transfers made.

The Cup

The first round of the cup will be Gameweek 18.

Qualifying

The top 2,097,152 scorers in Gameweek 17 will enter the first round. If there are more than 2,097,152 qualifiers then there will be a random draw amongst the lowest scorers to see who qualifies.

How it works

Each qualifying team will be randomly drawn against another in the first round. The winner (the team with the highest Gameweek score minus any transfer points), will progress to the second round and another random draw, the losers are out! This process continues until the final Gameweek when the two remaining teams contest the cup final.

If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

Most goals scored in the Gameweek

Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek

Virtual coin toss

• Upvote 3

I'm in! Called my team Gylfi Pleasures, then suddenly worried I'd nicked that name off someone else in one of my leagues last year. Did I?

I note the rather-crap All Out Attack chip has been dumped this year in favour of the new Free Hit chip - basically a one-week wildcard, then you get your old squad back the following week.

Blimey, but the money doesn't seem to go far this year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

I'm in! Called my team Gylfi Pleasures, then suddenly worried I'd nicked that name off someone else in one of my leagues last year. Did I?

I note the rather-crap All Out Attack chip has been dumped this year in favour of the new Free Hit chip - basically a one-week wildcard, then you get your old squad back the following week.

Blimey, but the money doesn't seem to go far this year.

"taking a break next season"

lol.

Anyway my team is done and looking sharp.

• Upvote 1

I'm in as Runny Moses.

Top marks to my mate who has come up with a rather excellent name for our league this season - For The Mane Not The Pugh.

37 minutes ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

Can we make a rule that you can only have one team entered in the league? I notice that someone called Aloysius Ang has two teams entered. That's just not on. Where's the honour?

Anyone know who that is? I'll message them to take out one of the teams.

I'll be in for this once the website stops soiling itself, must be pretty busy! In for the draft league(s) as well when that's live.

I backed a Fantasy League magazine on Indiegogo, because it looked like nice quality print journalism (always a good thing) and I wasn't that confident it'd reach its target. It did. Now I'm sort of bound to spend way too much time on it this season. I'll probably end up overthinking it, going crazy and ending up mid-bottom-half.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, gospvg said:

111512-67272

I'm running a league this year with some friends if anyone wants to join.

Joined and added code to first post.

The PL Draft has arrived. I'll set up a separate thread for that.

Info: https://www.premierleague.com/news/439510

Game: https://draft.premierleague.com/

FAQ: https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772

22 minutes ago, Hellcock said:

For how little activity is in this thread there are a LOT of people in the Rllmuk league.

Once the league gets renewed, anyone that was in during the previous season is automatically added.

I think we'll start to see some line-ups in the week before the first game.

45 minutes ago, Commander Jameson said:

You know you just jinxed all three, don't you? :quote:

*changes midfield to Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Herrera* 

:ph34r:

• Upvote 3

Looking forward to the draft.

Some advice it is useful to add players to your watchlist.

See you 9pm &10pm tomorrow.

I've joined, as Mustang Salah. Having actually paid attention beyond the first month in last season's league at work, I hope to do better than "avoiding relegation" and at least want to "challenge for one of the European places", but also expect everyone else to know exactly who to captain every week while I just plod along with 20+ points on the bench.

Remember that Arsenal play Leicester tomorrow so the deadline for getting your team sorted is Friday evening and not on Saturday afternoon this year guys!

I'd advise getting your tinkering done tonight before the site inevitably shits itself on Friday evening as everyone logs on and makes panic transfers.

At the moment my team is Kaneless, and I'm resisting the urge to chicken out and put him in. Anyone else risking it?

48 minutes ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

At the moment my team is Kaneless, and I'm resisting the urge to chicken out and put him in. Anyone else risking it?

I've got him in, but only because I lack the balls to leave him out. He's never scored a Premier League goal in August and Spurs are shit at Wembley. He was a slow starter in both of the last two seasons. All the data says leave him out, all the hype says keep him in.

Not sure who I'd replace him with. I guess I could put my faith in Jesus up front, and swap out KDB for Alli to retain some Spurs cover. I miss the certainty Aguero used to give you.

2 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

I've got him in, but only because I lack the balls to leave him out. He's never scored a Premier League goal in August and Spurs are shit at Wembley. He was a slow starter in both of the last two seasons. All the data says leave him out, all the hype says keep him in.

Not sure who I'd replace him with. I guess I could put my faith in Jesus up front, and swap out KDB for Alli to retain some Spurs cover. I miss the certainty Aguero used to give you.

I don't believe in coverage. You can't cover a player like Kane, even with a player like Alli. Same with Ozil/Ramsey over Sanchez or Sane over KDB/Jesus/Aguero, Wijnaldum over Mane etc. This season coverage is an especially nonsense term for me because all of the highest scoring players from last season are priced in such a way as to make it impossible to have them all. Last season you could have Kane, Lukaku, Mane, Alli, Eriksen, King and Alonso in your team. Try putting all of them in this year and you've basically spent your budget already. Got to look for the value elsewhere and only take the ones you think will do the best at the start of the season.

For me that means my big 4 are Jesus, KDB, Lukaku and Mane. 

I've got no Spurs at all which I know is a bit risky, but I fancy those 4 to outscore the Spurs players for the first 2 games of the season. I had Trippier in my team before he was injured, and still plan to get him in when he's back. I'm going to save my free transfer next week, so that when it gets to GW3 and the Spurs v Burnley game I can do a sort of mini wildcard, make 3 transfers for a -4 and get in whichever Spurs player is looking the business, should I need to.

Having said all that I could still chicken out, move my 6.5 defender to a 4.5 and swap Jesus out for Kane. I did so well last year that I kind of want to take a risk and not play full blown dullard like I did last season.

2 hours ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

Remember that Arsenal play Leicester tomorrow so the deadline for getting your team sorted is Friday evening and not on Saturday afternoon this year guys!

I'd advise getting your tinkering done tonight before the site inevitably shits itself on Friday evening as everyone logs on and makes panic transfers.

I've gone without Kane, he's just too expensive. Jesus is £2m cheaper and I reckon he'll score more if he stays fit, or unless Man City do something daft like buy Mbappe or Dembele and play them upfront instead. 

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

I've gone without Kane, he's just too expensive. Jesus is £2m cheaper and I reckon he'll score more if he stays fit, or unless Man City do something daft like buy Mbappe or Dembele and play them upfront instead. 

Yeah that's pretty much my thinking to. In terms of points per million I think Jesus will match Kane, which gives room to spend elsewhere on the team.

I've been messing with my team all day and still can't finalise it. Think currently most of my funds are in my midfield - Mane, Salah, KDB, Alli + a cheapo bench player - which leaves me with little to go for Striker wise.