McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8PM UK forum races!

It's Race B in this week's Sport mode. You can see friend's times on the in game leaderboard (unlike the regular time trial mode...grrrrr). Just friend us all up and you're good to go.

• Upvote 2

I want to get online race practice in by doing dailies, but not at the cost of destroying my SR (which always happens when I race in dailies) so I recently started racing on my UK account - keeping my main for FIA races only.

I just passed the 5 race limit to get out of DR-E the other day. Tonight I started from 9th at Autopolis and grabbed my first win in... I dunno maybe a year?? Not sure how, but I was up to 5th by the first corner, ran in first for a while until pitting, botched the pit entry (its rough at Autopolis) came out in 3rd, on the next lap got a run on a squabbling 1st and 2nd out of the last corner, one of them attempted to smash me into the pit-wall which got him penalized and gave me enough of a buffer to take it home at the front.

My theory is that I ranked up to DR-B in the early days when the game population and/or skill levels were vastly different, and in all the months I was taking a break from sport mode the standards got much higher - so when I returned to the game I was in the wrong group for my ability.

Whatever the reason, its been great to have had a shot at the front again. I could aim for a DR reset on my main account but that feels a bit like cheating (and also gimps my FIA points potential).

After 278 races, I’m stuck bang in the middle of DR-C. So average!

Managed a 2:11:156 in the WRX on Susuka. Close! And I note that Scarliley is 8 thousands of a second ahead.

• Upvote 2

I should really get into this time trialing stuff, too. Finally found some time to hop in the Playseat again over the last few days, hoping to keep that up!

Just be clear: are you using the Sport Mode qualifiers for this time trialing or what?

7 hours ago, Darwock said:

I want to get online race practice in by doing dailies, but not at the cost of destroying my SR (which always happens when I race in dailies) so I recently started racing on my UK account - keeping my main for FIA races only.

So when are you joining in the forum racing on Monday night? :)

When you guys start racing in the middle of the night. I did manage to join one of your sessions once, but even with getting up at 5am, by the time I got online you guys were winding down. I was all set to join over the last winter break (when I didnt have to go to work), but you had all stopped racing for the holidays :(

I tried the evo last night and while easier to drive I couldn't get near the hurracan time. I'll try the Scooby later and also give the audi tt a go, as it seems the weapon of choice....

That is a decent time, when your only 2 seconds off the top it's a very good effort.

It's great to be watching the world tour event again - feels like a genuine start to a racing season, and it's different this year as I now have some idea of who they all are.

The fastest driver in all of Asia (as of the 1st exhibition season 2019) is local to my region, but is not in attendance in Paris. That's a bit of a shame, but I think the invitees are all last year's contenders. 

Had about 5 or 6 quality daily races round Suzuka in Gr 4, amazing bumper to bumper action, pretty clean. Stay on the road and pick them off is my motto ;).

Of course I knocked 6 tenths off my quali pace to get a 2.10.2 and thought, yes I’ll start in top 3 or 4 so good chance of a race win, nope 14th out of 16 in next race, bloody GTS. Got my DR going in the right direction again at least.

Maybe we should give Gr 4 a go in the next championship, they’re very driveable so should make for some good close racing.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, marsh said:

.019 off, what's more, I know I can go faster. Doing it however.....:quote:

Could only hook up a 2:10.037. Just over a tenth between the three of us! Unless one of you two went faster?

If I could hook up one good lap based on all my good sectors the game says I could do a 2:09 flat but that is so much easier said than done. Great fun! 

FYI you can replicate the daily qualifying conditions in time trial by setting corner cutting to strict and enabling BoP for circuit on the car settings if anyone wants to continue....

38 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

if anyone wants to continue....

I personally think that using the Sport mode qualification for our own weekly time trials works pretty well. It puts an ‘end of week’ deadline on things and we can see the times in game as things progress.

It will also do wonders for my DR, as it will force me to get a solid time before entering the races. I did one GR4 race at the weekend, had pole and won it!

Anyway great stuff. This week it’s GR3 at Interlagos and GR4 on the street circuit, both of which i’m looking forward to. Who’s up for that?

Just now, Beezer said:

I personally think that using the Sport mode qualification for our own weekly time trials works pretty well. It puts an ‘end of week’ deadline on things and we can see the times in game as things progress.

It will also do wonders for my DR, as it will force me to get a solid time before entering the races. I did one GR4 race at the weekend, had pole and won it!

Anyway great stuff. This week it’s GR3 at Interlagos and GR4 on the street circuit, both of which i’m looking forward to. 

I mean I agree but I was so close :p

well done! 

5 minutes ago, Beezer said:

Anyway great stuff. This week it’s GR3 at Interlagos and GR4 on the street circuit, both of which i’m looking forward to. Who’s up for that?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Interlagos would be my pick, however I have huge bias as it's where I got my first daily win....

Well done on last week, good to see an almost full list of lap  time efforts!

Yeah, was unbelievably close. I was pretty concerned that one of you would post a last minute winner.

Would also be good to post a screenshot of the leaderboard on here at the end of the week.

• Upvote 1

I tapped out last night, I know it was in the car and some of my sectors would be green, but the slightest error would wreck the lap or get me a time penalty.

Top 2% by regions is fine by me! I'll take a grab next week.

3 hours ago, Beezer said:

This week it’s GR3 at Interlagos and GR4 on the street circuit, both of which i’m looking forward to. Who’s up for that?

I'd suggest doing these two combo's for tonight's forum racing as well :) And maybe a Gr. 4 race on Suzuka for good measure, too - including fuel and tyres after all the practice we've had all week.

8PM tonight, be there!

BTW: @MattyP or any moderator here, any chance of altering the thread title to Monday?

• Upvote 2

Sweet! :D

I had a wee go at the Gr. 4 time trial around Suzuka but could only manage a (faulty) 2:12-ish after some laps. Doubt whether the usually strong Honda NSX Gr. 4 was a good choice for it, too...

Was interesting racing in the dailies, TT Cup seemed to be car of choice, I was in WRX. TT was faster on straights but I was better on brakes and faster through corners/esses. Made for a fun race as all my overtakes had to be under braking or round the outside :). No fuel or tyre wear though and only 4 laps. Lambos are also fast but looked trickier to control or people were running without TC.

Generally my race pace was much better than quali position suggested, keep it on the track and you generally move up a few places by default without having to overtake anyone.

2 hours ago, McSpeed said:

I'd suggest doing these two combo's for tonight's forum racing as well :) And maybe a Gr. 4 race on Suzuka for good measure, too - including fuel and tyres after all the practice we've had all week.

8PM tonight, be there!

BTW: @MattyP or any moderator here, any chance of altering the thread title to Monday?

Tried can't seem to change it unfortunately... so one for the mods...

16 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Was interesting racing in the dailies, TT Cup seemed to be car of choice, I was in WRX. TT was faster on straights but I was better on brakes and faster through corners/esses. Made for a fun race as all my overtakes had to be under braking or round the outside :). No fuel or tyre wear though and only 4 laps. Lambos are also fast but looked trickier to control or people were running without TC.

Generally my race pace was much better than quali position suggested, keep it on the track and you generally move up a few places by default without having to overtake anyone.

I did quite like the format though, 4 laps of pure sprint. I only got a win as I started one race second and the leader quit the race before it started, the game then sent all the cars doing a loop on the spot and I was just lucky enough to react quicker than anyone else, get it pointed the right way, and sod off to the flag.

I like Suzuka as you can chuck a false overtake up the inside of the first turn and watch in awe as they do a Mansell and stick it in the litter.