rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

Transpires the Viper, Merc and skyline are all decent stabs at Bathurst...I shall investigate later.

F40 at Brands for shits n giggles if nothing more to put me back in my box....

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Bathurst is my kryptonite. @marsh is using some crazy other dimension shit to get those times. It's the only logical conclusion. 

@Batmobile How about... Ferrari F40 around Brands GP circuit.  (Not a GR3, I know right!) 

Sounds good, running on Sports Soft tyres?  

On 04/03/2019 at 10:20, mexos said:

WOW! I'll start painting them up as F1 cars. :blah:

In other news I'd been wanting one of these for years and finally pulled the trigger:

image.png.7286fcdf9fb7021362e5b7822649862b.png

Holy crap it's amazing. I have it far, far lower than that image, so it's more a F1 style seating position. It's super comfy and sturdy enough. But the big thing is the seating position frees up my ankles to work properly. I was using a wheelstand for the past 8/9 years and I always struggled to get comfortable. With this the seating angle means l have WAY more precision in my foot movements. It's glorious. I can drive in GT now without TC. 

Are we racing tonight? :eyebrows:

So this is worth it then? I can't see Mrs M being overly keen on me dumping a cobra race seat in the front room on a daily basis with the associated rig that I'd need to build for it. That would fold up and store....

But then I appear to be faster on a pad :hat:

56 minutes ago, marsh said:

So this is worth it then? I can't see Mrs M being overly keen on me dumping a cobra race seat in the front room on a daily basis with the associated rig that I'd need to build for it. That would fold up and store....

Yeah I really rate it. Big leap over using a wheelstand. It just feels good. I have started to tie all the cables etc to it so it's easier to put away and get out. I'll post some pics when I have it sorted. If you are interested in getting one go to overclockers. £175 with next day delivery or £165 with a few days delivery. Cheaper than other places I looked by 30-40 quid.

I'll not bite on the pad comment. :coffee: (Bites). Faster on a pad, at Bathurst

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, marsh said:

I can vouch for the playseat challenge being a good investment, especially for keeping the other half happy :)   Surprisingly stable, for what is in affect a glorified deck chair, and as Mexos said, it is a comfortable seating position that can be fully adjusted to suit. 

Sorry to disappoint, but Digital Polyphony have failed to implement online time trial leaderboards in their online focused racing game. Well done.

well up for a forum TT though. Post the spec and I’m on it.

@mexos :hat:

I'm thinking a 2.02 is possible, that lap wasn't clean....

Just not in the BMW Mclaren or the Merc GT3. If it's consolation I went into the daily in 8th and get mugged off finishing tenth. Clean round there mind, usually it's bumper cars over the mountain.

• Upvote 1

nice lap! Forgot to add you. I've done a 2:04.002 so far in the Audi in the Weekly Race qualifying. In time trial, i've managed a 2:02:5 something in the Merc but I'm struggling to get anywhere near that now. 

• Upvote 2

Embrace the walls. The more I watch that lap the more I convince myself there's at least another second in there. Might give that McLaren GT3 another crack when I'm back from my travels....

I think I'm losing time in the braking. I watched your video and I'm having to brake at the 100m board to get the thing slowed down and you are closer to the 50.

I fiddled with my set up yesterday - that is where I found time. I don't think my lines were any different. I need to fiddle a bit more. 

51 minutes ago, marsh said:

Embrace the walls. The more I watch that lap the more I convince myself there's at least another second in there. Might give that McLaren GT3 another crack when I'm back from my travels....

you had two big slides in that lap, reckon that easily cost you a second. 

2.03.707 in the viper, sectors suggest there's about half a second to be had. Only the skyline to try now as everything else is bollocks.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, marsh said:

2.03.707 in the viper, sectors suggest there's about half a second to be had. Only the skyline to try now as everything else is bollocks.

That’s getting there! Good lap! Gonna get on the wheel this weekend and try and beat that!

• Upvote 1

Gah, and I'd shaved over 3 seconds off. Stop going faster! :quote:

I hate playing this circuit but the arsehole part of me can't let it go. I need to post something respectable.

In other news don't quit a daily race before the end - I did and dropped almost 2 ranks and the racing down there is horrible. I'd not done any daily races in months, didn't realise the penalty was so draconian now.

I think it's a great track! but its completely unforgiving. 

Just as an aside, from 8 minutes 50, the fight for 1st place at the end of this years Bathurst 12 hour was really good racing in GT3 cars. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Gah, and I'd shaved over 3 seconds off. Stop going faster! :quote:

I hate playing this circuit but the arsehole part of me can't let it go. I need to post something respectable.

In other news don't quit a daily race before the end - I did and dropped almost 2 ranks and the racing down there is horrible. I'd not done any daily races in months, didn't realise the penalty was so draconian now.

I did see that, getting within a stones throw of the time. I piled 20 odd laps into it last night nailing consistent 2.04's, to the point where I'd know coming out of turn one if it was possible to challenge for a new time. Which is completely anal. Tried the 911, tried the McLaren F1 again, tried the supra, ended up back in the Viper as it seems to be able to hold a steady slide at speed sometimes.

I never quit a daily anymore, if you end up stone dead last at least you can protect your SR ranking.

Someone just posted this on Facebook and now I have certain urges :ph34r:

Screenshot_20190308-132958.thumb.png.fe7d126667e157c1d9d8fdb48568d678.png

4 hours ago, mexos said:

How was the testing @McSpeed ? 

't Was great to be in the F1 paddock again, even though I ended up with the same virus as Toto Wolff. (Or 'food poisoning by Italian fish' as he called it!)

Anyway, I've missed enough forum racing again by now and am very much up for racing come Monday night again! 8PM?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, marsh said:

I think the 90's did it better.....

In terms of style, yes.

But the modern-day cars are SO much better to drive. (In the game at least.)

We should race both era's this Monday!

Anyway, that's the wrong Datsun, it should be an R32 or R33 at a push..... An R34 could probably put one over that Supra....?

On 07/03/2019 at 22:29, marsh said:

I managed a 2:03.016 in the 911 today. I think I'll be having dreams about Bathurst now for about a week!

• Upvote 1

:hat: to thee. Great effort!

If it's any consolation for @mexos despite starting on pole in one of the dailies, the best result I've mustered for all my efforts is a 4th place. It's flipping hard.

• Upvote 1