rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

Sorry I missed it - bit of a hectic time of year so couldn't get sat down in time.  Hoping for next week :)

In my later night session I really struggled with the Gr.4s around Spa - the track limits seem really tight and harshly enforced so it's tricky to get a flow going without a big flashing penalty in your face.  Managed to maintain an 'S' rating in the couple of races I managed though, so not all bad...

I had a go on the Spa daily, my first time on this track in GT Sport actually. Always love a bit of Spa and the GR4 seemed quite good around here. I did take a look at the Top 10 stars actually - two of the three top times were done by completely missing the bus stop chicane at the end of the lap and going right around the corner itself. Bit shit to see that sort of cheating. 

Why does the car feel so different in the race? Tyre wear isnt on so is it just meant to be cold tyres? Fine if so, but would be nice if they could show me when my tyres are up to temp. 

It’s not due the dirty air of the cars in front is it? If you’re within 1.4 seconds of the car in front the dirty air can affect you.

I had fun in the Spa Gr4 races last night in the Mustang. Starting at the back the races were just as dirty as the Interlagos races last week but with more track limit penalties than crashes.

I gave up chasing the laptime this week and just concentrated on the races, which were great fun.  The combination of Eau Rouge (which I really struggle to hit a consistent line on with the DS4) and the more technical slower corners (which I found easier to nail) meant that there was a lot of to'ing and fro'ing and many (many) overtakes going into the last chicane.  Once I got back up to an S SR the racing was really clean too.

Did they relax the track limits during the week?  They seemed really strict on Monday, but I definitely saw more people going wide at turns 11 and 12 (Pouhon and the one before) without penalty, and I certainly took a few liberties at Eau Rouge over week and spent the whole following straight waiting for a penalty that never came.

• Upvote 2

Can't confirm, haven't played since last monday when they were still quite strict about track limits.

Won't be on tonight unfortunately! Started a new job this month and got an early one tomorrow so hopefully see you guys again next week. Have fun ! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ryodi said:

On my base PS4 GT Sport updates take forever. It’s a 30 minute download followed by what feels like a two hour install

Yep, my boy refuses to update it, reckons it'd take about a week!

17 hours ago, ryodi said:
On my base PS4 GT Sport updates take forever. It’s a 30 minute download followed by what feels like a two hour install

Download and install are fine, it's the copying of data that seems to take forever. I've also had a lot of 'can't download update, your HD is full, pls create space'  messages when there's still 40-60GB of storage left. Apparently having a lot of data saved in game (replays, scape shots, liveries etc) causes this which is slightly annoying whenever there's an update. 

Really happy with the update, Laguna Seca has always been a favourite and the Ford GT is an awesome addition as well. 

• Upvote 1

Only had time to do one lobby lap of laguna seca in a gr4 before work but this GTS rendition looks absolutely stunning imo. Can't wait to try out the dusk version. 

Really hope i can find time for race C this week, i really like Autopolis and it should be good fun with the gr3's. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, marsh said:

The old Autopolis bar has been set quite high again in the tt.....:quote:

you're closing in though! 

Can't relax til 12:59am Monday morning! 

Re: Spa and track limits and that daily race in general, there's a couple of spots where you can exploit the track limits but you gotta keep one wheel at least on the kerb. Eau Rouge you can nearly cut the left hand curb entirely before the straight. I kept on getting penalties trying to take the final straight with the kink flat (you can do it though, just easy to mis-time). 

The race itself though, I had a good qualy lap and was in the top 3 for a lot of races. The rolling starts on Spa on are buggered though, you end up 1.5 seconds behind whoever's on pole before you've even got to the first corner. Unless the leader mucked up, it was processional. If you started any lower, the leaders were just gone before you'd even reached eau rouge. 

And Laguna Seca looks beautiful as said. 

We should all save up and buy the 1966 Ford GT (2.8 million...) and do some races.....

• Upvote 3

Save? What color can I get the ford in :eyebrows:

Autopolis is all about getting the power down past the apex, I'd happily take that time, but while that carrot's still there.....

12 hours ago, marsh said:

Er, weekly tt is interesting, spa, gr2's, in the damp.....:blink:

Nice as it is to be top of the leaderboard for a brief moment... I suspect you guys haven’t noticed you can put full wets on? :) 

• Upvote 2

On 19/12/2019 at 14:22, Varnsen said:

you're closing in though! 

Can't relax til 12:59am Monday morning! 

Had to conceed that last night, a fine laptime that I wasn't going to trouble. My only hope was that getting the wheel out may gain a few slithers of time, but the festivities in our house mean there's no room to setup the rig. The audi is a total shit to drive!

I remain hopeful that my wet lap at spa has more legs on it.....there's still the honda to try as well.

• Upvote 1

Hey, hope everyone here is well! With Xmas coming up and all, wishing all the best of course :)

I've still been struggling quite a lot over the past few weeks, battling a burn-out and mental issues. Having great friends close, getting therapy now and the supportive messages here in the thread are all great help though!

So it's been quite rough. Feeling somewhat better tonight, but in no position to race yet. Maybe next week - and otherwise in 2020 for sure when it's hopefully settles down some more here.

And of course, by all means let someone else host a room tonight!

• Upvote 7