rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

Hate to say it but unable to race tonight - I need some more time to get things sorted somehow.

Am hopeful of being back next week though.

If anyone else could host a session tonight again for all others, much appreciated!

• Upvote 2

Daily Race C at Spa is fun. Qualified 15th and there were two yellow flags before I crossed the start/finish line. Cars going off everywhere throughout the race as well and the gravel making you spin is just as bad as Willow Springs.

• Upvote 1

For once I’m home and able to be online - but I can’t really host because our home connection, although probably mostly working, still isn’t totally trustworthy. I also don’t know the first thing about setting up a room and what options to pick. If anyone is about and can do it then please do :)

So Spa in the Gr3 this week. looks like the leaderboards will likely get wiped at some point. I checked out the top lap on it and they were cutting the final two corners and not getting penalties so the track limits look broken on that bit. 

Bit annoying as I've done a 2:20.0** in the R8. Really wanna get into the 2:19s. Hard to tell what the top guys are actually doing cos of that track limit thing.

10 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

So Spa in the Gr3 this week. looks like the leaderboards will likely get wiped at some point. I checked out the top lap on it and they were cutting the final two corners and not getting penalties so the track limits look broken on that bit. 

Bit annoying as I've done a 2:20.0** in the R8. Really wanna get into the 2:19s. Hard to tell what the top guys are actually doing cos of that track limit thing.

From what i read on GTP the fastest EMEA times before word got out were around 2.16.5. 

95% of my Spa practice has been driving gr1/2 cars and while i should have been, i actually really wasn't prepared for the lack downforce when switching back to gr3 cars :lol: Sometimes you get away with a cold start (no qualifying session) but last nights Race C was having none of it. Was cussing the poor Atenza for not driving like a prototype for a couple of laps, settled down a bit after but still finished dead last. That final chicane is like turn 2 on the RBR though, so many laps and feels like the perfect line /angle is always eluding me. The search goes on :coffee:

21 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

(nothing do with being hooked on COD at the moment )

I have no idea what you are talking about. 

CONTACT!

• Upvote 1

I think i'm finally getting the hang of Spa. Since the update sorted out track limits I am qualifying within the top 10 which means I am clear of all the bumper cars you get at the back of the grid and after a few races in the AMG Mercedes I switched to the Gr3 Mustang which has two benefits. It's doesn't have the best cornering ability but it is amazingly quick in a straight line which is useful for overtaking and I can use awesome V8 Supercar liveries on it.

gtsport_spa.thumb.jpg.fbb38d41f9b9ba895b2b7a8aa8427f38.jpg

I managed to lose third place in my last race by hitting a cone that was lying in the road and flying into the gravel trap which was annoying.

flying.thumb.jpg.83491836d2fbabf1fe6d148ee2fa53d2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Downloaded the update, internet still way to fruity to venture online.

What I will say is that a wheel and pedal setup is a revelation. Transforms the game in my opinion, and I've done many laps with a pad. I'm fairly confident my lap times should improve....

Might have to get some different pedals for the t150, just a tiny bit meh.

• Upvote 1

I'm still from my usual self, but up for some online forum racing tonight :) Maybe just a couple of 'm, but would hate to let my current situation bog down on the action altogether.

So, 8:30 PM tonight, be there!

Time to hit up Spa-Francorchamps (so make sure you DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE in advance).

• Upvote 1

:(

Still no internet after ten days. No chance I'll be on. Gutted.

Hope regular racing returns soon @McSpeed

Before you ask, a 3g connection couldn't handle the psp version of GT let alone this!

2 hours ago, McSpeed said:

I'm still from my usual self, but up for some online forum racing tonight :) Maybe just a couple of 'm, but would hate to let my current situation bog down on the action altogether.

So, 8:30 PM tonight, be there!

Time to hit up Spa-Francorchamps (so make sure you DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE in advance).

As well as myself can you please invite EffectiveTripod and Badger_GT? Friends of mine from off the forum.

• Upvote 1

Omg I was dreadful, had fun round Brands Indy racing against one of those random Spaniards in the Mazda's, until the other one binned it and got in the way.

• Upvote 1

I got spooked when he ghosted, but until then I was trying everything to get by and was always better in the faster corners than he was.

Thanks all for racing last night, and apologies for having to leave after one race. I just managed to finish that one when the headache literally became too much.

Fortunately someone else could take over hosting to carry on with the rest.

I'm hoping to get a clearer picture of the situation - as well as a medical diagnosis - next week. Will try to keep you updated and stay involved whenever I can, as I would be absolutely gutted if our nice online racing community were to fall apart because of this :unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 5

1 minute ago, McSpeed said:

Thanks all for racing last night, and apologies for having to leave after one race. I just managed to finish that one when the headache literally became to much.

Fortunately someone ekse could take over hosting to carry on with the rest.

I'm hoping to get a clearer picture of the situation - including a medical diagnosis - next week. Will try to keep you updated and stay involved whenever I can, as I would be absolutely gutted if our nice online racing community were to fall apart because of this :unsure:

Good luck with that Joe. Was anxious to join (and play DS later) but was suffering from an upcoming migraine as well. Hope the diagnosis turns out ok and they can help you. 

Can only speak for myself but i enjoy the game and the monday night racing too much to say goodbye just yet.   

@McSpeed does GT Sport let you share the hosting set up file? If not would it be worth posting up screenshots of how you have th lobby set up?

I didn't even realise it didn't do host migration, I popped to the loo just as that first race finished, came back and everyone was joining the "eggs" lobby somebody had set up. Which allowed for ransoms to join, which I didn't mind as it meant we had a large grid and the Spaniards at Brands led to some entertaining (for me) racing. Then we went to Willow Springs, the two Spaniards were there but a group of Italians joined us, one of which seemed to want to just drive at people. Not the hosts fault, obviously, and my troubles in that race were of my own making (never driving a Camaro ever again).

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, wev said:

@McSpeed does GT Sport let you share the hosting set up file? If not would it be worth posting up screenshots of how you have th lobby set up?

I'll try to share some screenshots of my default rllmuk GT Sport online hosting setup this week so others can copy it.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Beezer said:

I put it down to the weather.

My grandma who also suffered from them used to tell me the same. 

Thankfully no more 'dolor en la cabeza' today but lots of fun on Autopolis instead. Sneaky course with the high speed gr2's. Did two races and it's such a rhythm track, one by one, sooner or later,  they miss a chord and slide themselves into the gravel. The RC-F's seem especially prone to tire wear here but was still fun to use and abuse. Could've no stopped in the old GT-R but i was driving in no mans land by lap 7 so pitted anyway. Treated myself to the '16 GTR even though i was just 80k short of buying the red pig, don't think i'll regret it :)

• Upvote 1

There's a dubious tweet out there of the line up for the world final, which is claiming that Laguna Seca is the track for one of the rounds. I found it dubious because it's in Japanese but it's the Monaco event next, and competitors need english information.

Doesn't matter what I think, because one of the finalists just angrily tweeted about people leaking privileged info...

So Laguna Seca confirmed.

:sealclap:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darwock said:

So Laguna Seca confirmed.

:sealclap:

That would make a great Christmas present ! Hope it is released with the new gr4 Supra (survey bonus) in december. 

Next weeks daily races are up:

November 18-24:
Race A: N100 @ Yamagiwa II, 3 laps, SH
Race B: Gr.4 @ Bathurst, 3 laps, RH
Race C: Gr.3 @ Sardegna B, 15 laps, RH, Tires x7, Fuel x5

November 25 - December 1:
Race A: N200 @ Tsukuba, 5 laps, SM
Race B: Gr.3 @ Red Bull Ring, 5 laps, RH
Race C: Gr.1 @ Sarthe, 5 laps, RH, Tires x11, Fuel x5

Looks good but would've loved a longer race at Bathurst, 3 laps in gr4 isn't the most challenging proposition and over before you know it. Still wish they would add a race D and spice things up a bit more. Wouldn't mind seeing a N500 race over 6 laps on Tokyo East loop for a change. Just a little bit more creativity would go a long way. 

• Upvote 1

Finding the gr2 with the wheel and pedal setup is a right handful at autopolis, I take it that it's normal to not get on with every car type when you make the change?

Gr1's at interlagos for the tt are enjoyable, must try and get below 1.21...

Forum racing again tonight! Be there at 8:30 PM UK time for online action.

I'm still not in the best of places but really want to try to race again - if only one or two races. (Finally able to see a therapist tomorrow so that should help to gain some perspective.)

And having seen Le Mans '66 (a.k.a. Ford v Ferrari) last weekend I'd love to kick things off with some N300 and N400 to allow Shelby Mustangs and Ford GT40's :)

• Upvote 6

I'll try to be on, will be about 9.30 ish. Only got a few classes left, will make sure my next course is not on a Monday night!

16 hours ago, marsh said:

Gr1's at interlagos for the tt are enjoyable, must try and get below 1.21...

They certainly are, jumped straight into the TT after watching the crazy F1 finish. Did a few laps in the old Porsche and Nissan first but couldn't get them under 1.23,7 / 1,25,x. Debated the 918 but was afraid the massive torque would kill me in sector 2. Took out the Toyota and got within one second with some room for improvement. 

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Forum racing again tonight! Be there at 8:30 PM UK time for online action.

And having seen Le Mans '66 (a.k.a. Ford v Ferrari) last weekend I'd love to kick things off with some N300 and N400 to allow Shelby Mustangs and Ford GT40's :)

Cool ! 

Got to watch the movie, trailers looked great. You recommend it ? 

• Upvote 1