rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

10 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

You could always go ultra obscure and run the Marlboro Lights livery that McLaren ran on one car in one race in 1986 :sherlock:

a7ca8d167e5569e9d4cc8265fd28850e.jpg

Kiro! You need to get in here man! 

• Upvote 1

Ah if it's Spirit you're after...

spirit.jpg

1984 Jacerapagua pre-season test livery. Emerson Fittipaldi drove the car, decided he didn't like it and carried on with IndyCars. Don't think this livery ever raced :sherlock: 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Ah if it's Spirit you're after...

spirit.jpg

1984 Jacerapagua pre-season test livery. Emerson Fittipaldi drove the car, decided he didn't like it and carried on with IndyCars. Don't think this livery ever raced :sherlock: 

Please do join us on the grid with this one, good sir :hat:

On 15/10/2019 at 22:23, mexos said:

GR2 daily race qualifying gauntlet thrown down. Not sure I've got much to find there. GR2 feels amazing around that circuit.

First session last night.  Quickly swapped from the NSX widow-maker to one of the Nissan GTRs that everyone else seems to be using.  If I could nail the first chicane and the last one in the same lap I'd be streets ahead.  Except that's never gonna happen :(

On 15/10/2019 at 22:23, mexos said:

GR2 daily race qualifying gauntlet thrown down. Not sure I've got much to find there. GR2 feels amazing around that circuit.

I'm a couple of tenths off you. Agree how good that car feels around there, it's a really fun TT. 

Just did my first sub-6-minute lap of the Nordschleife. And I really do mean only just. 

C9D76042-9F94-4C4E-9725-E4DC6DD85CE3.thumb.jpeg.0113ee5cd5c80e89f98bf32d9317ccb7.jpeg

I thought the Dallara Super Formula was fast but that Mercedes F1 car is something else. So easy to drive. I’m in love.

• Upvote 5

Missing this, just not had time in the evenings this month

As for liveries, it's 90s rather than 80s but I might stick my Tyrrell one on the F1500 as well as the Super Formula

• Upvote 1

1:31.9 is my fastest time around DTSS this week in the GTR which everyone is using. I find it hard to reliably get through that first chicane when trying to set a good lap time which means I get to spend the rest of the lap looking at +0.400 on the center of the screen for the rest of the lap if I have managed it once in a session. It can be a hard place to overtake as well with most of my passes coming when someone bins it in the last chicane,  following close enough through the esses in the dirty air of the car in front to overtake at the 90 degree right hander is very tricky unless you go for a huge divebomb into the corner.

17 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

Just did my first sub-6-minute lap of the Nordschleife. And I really do mean only just. 

I've had a few more goes and I'm already sub-5:45. Couple of squirrelly moments and lots of places where I could be braver so I reckon there's a lot more pace to find. 

I finally found out that you can go onboard in a replay by pressing R1! 

• Upvote 1

"Get in there Bunny" :D

14 hours ago, ryodi said:

1:31.9 is my fastest time around DTSS this week in the GTR which everyone is using. I find it hard to reliably get through that first chicane when trying to set a good lap time which means I get to spend the rest of the lap looking at +0.400 on the center of the screen for the rest of the lap if I have managed it once in a session.

Managed a 1.32.1 with the '16 Lexus with two slight lifts in the bus stop but don't think i can get the RC-F's time down by more then 1 sec at this point.

Scrambled enough funds together to buy a third gr2. machine, the 'beautiful '08 Epson NSX. Took this out on  Dragon Trail for practise but compared to the Lexi (Lexusses ?) it's a complete handful to drive. The esses in the midsection suddenly became incredibly hard to navigate cleanly even without dirty air. A lot of fun to learn though and highly recommended if you need/want an additional challenge. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve been getting it the other way round, @ryodi, fluking the bus stop without a lift on a lap where I screwed up the first chicane, so I get to see it say I’m half a second up the whole lap right up until the last 2 corners. Frustrating.

5 hours ago, mexos said:

I’ve tried damn hard in the Gr2 but still missing a few tenths. Not sure where to look for them.

:coffee:

Or don't bother, stupid fantasy tracks......

It’s a good one This week isn’t it? I saved up my pennies for a Nissan and it’s is a lot easier to handle. I feel like a get caught between gears in a few sections; this track and car combo is about getting the power down and I think I’m being a bit too greedy on corner entry/ mid corner. 

By some rare twist of fate, Japan has a national holiday on a Tuesday (tomorrow) so I may actually be able to join in if I can haul myself out of bed. No doubt I'll be defeated by some other weird regional issue, but I will do my best.

• Upvote 2

I've had an idea. Feel free to shoot this down.

FANCY A CUSTOM LIVERY? :eyebrows: I'll make one for you!

Since everyone is looking at custom liveries I’ve had an idea. I’m doing a bit of a hike to raise some money for a cancer charity (the ICR) in a few weeks…. You can probably guess where this is going… I’ll do you a custom livery if you don’t mind sponsoring us! 

Some of my wares so far to tempt you:

1.thumb.jpg.8eab6fb4aa1f99ad60c98d4fb3be98ad.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.5c0587319c20f8a1aa70cc10d87304ab.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.2a37437dbcaafe70e7a7cc783ad15467.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.8089a4f538ad2251c142816b35cd76a0.jpg

We've got a page on Just Giving: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lana-and-stephen

Mods, feel free to delete this and wrap my knuckles if you think this is overstepping the mark. We would not profit a penny from this. I’m only mentioning this in here, because we race together week in week out, and I've met a number of you IRL. I'd never put it anywhere else on Rllmuk. Sorry if this annoys or offends anyone it's not the intention.

Cheers 

Stephen (mexos)

• Upvote 8

How much for the Red Bull livery consisting of tens of thousands of individual mugshots from fans and staff?

45acc39d-csp_red_bull_0.jpg

:) those look really, really good dude. That '94 Benetton one is especially sweet.

Don't think the link oversteps the mark at all. It's for an excellent cause.

• Upvote 1

I'd work out a way to fudge it! 

In other news I'm actually in that shot - there is a pic of me and my then girlfriend on there. Just to the left of the wing mirror and down a bit. 

ENHANCE

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mexos said:

Can we do a GR2 towards the end tonight?  :eyebrows:

Recon I'll be online at 9.30.

Should be able to! Although there is a nationwide internet disruption going on now so hoping it will be fixed in time...

5 hours ago, Darwock said:

By some rare twist of fate, Japan has a national holiday on a Tuesday (tomorrow) so I may actually be able to join in if I can haul myself out of bed. No doubt I'll be defeated by some other weird regional issue, but I will do my best.

Oh, that would be very cool indeed!

3 hours ago, mexos said:

FANCY A CUSTOM LIVERY? :eyebrows: I'll make one for you!

Since everyone is looking at custom liveries I’ve had an idea. I’m doing a bit of a hike to raise some money for a cancer charity (the ICR) in a few weeks…. You can probably guess where this is going… I’ll do you a custom livery if you don’t mind sponsoring us! 

We've got a page on Just Giving: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lana-and-stephen

Fantastic initiative Steve! Will make sure to join in on this :hat:

• Upvote 1

Hauled myself out of the sack at 5:45, logged in to find a race under way - currently lap 1 of the 10 lap Bathurst race.

I will grab a coffee and enjoy the show.

edit - only 8 laps! (Congrats Nobloski). I hope nobody has been Mt. Panorama'd into logging off right after, lol

pfffff... Nurburgring GP - too early in the morning for this >< 

edit 2 - oh wait, that's it over? lol! I thought I was warming up.

In summary, that looked like fun - I only got one qually lap in, but haven't raced Gr.2s at Nurb GP before so wasn't familiar with the limits anyway, and was doomed to be at the back. Disastrous start as the Racing Super Softs apparently had no grip and I slid on the inside of turn 1 (after misjudging the distance from the grid to the corner lol), but luckily I got reset before I collided with anyone. Tootled around at the back just within sight - came up behind Batmobile after a yellow flag but - was determined not to be the cause of any incidents so ran off instead of trying to pass him. 

I think I'm going to call it quits on the rllmuk group - I've been playing since the beginning and have only twice managed to join any of the lobbies, on both occasions there was just one race and then the room was closed. It's a bit frustrating to read all the messages every week but never be able to participate.

(It's not a huff, honest :) )

There's always time trials, but I don't show up on those most of the time. I'm going back to bed.

• Upvote 1

I'll get back on the tt's as I've been slacking of late. Thought I had the legs on Nobloski at the hurst....needed to get another lap of fuel out of the Mclaren which was going to be a stretch. 6 laps on softs was never going to happen though, and I started wall walking which saps time.

Elbows out with @GwiDan at the ring, before gentlemanly 'after you' shenanigans resulted in me leaving what I thought was enough room at turn 1? :facepalm:

Top stuff as always, a useful early end as I've got an early start to pick up my new motor tomorrow, sadly not featured in gt sport.

1 hour ago, marsh said:

I'll get back on the tt's as I've been slacking of late. Thought I had the legs on Nobloski at the hurst....needed to get another lap of fuel out of the Mclaren which was going to be a stretch. 6 laps on softs was never going to happen though, and I started wall walking which saps time.

Elbows out with @GwiDan at the ring, before gentlemanly 'after you' shenanigans resulted in me leaving what I thought was enough room at turn 1? :facepalm:

Top stuff as always, a useful early end as I've got an early start to pick up my new motor tomorrow, sadly not featured in gt sport.

You were much faster than me, but we had a good few laps! 

17 hours ago, mexos said:

I'd work out a way to fudge it! 

In other news I'm actually in that shot - there is a pic of me and my then girlfriend on there. Just to the left of the wing mirror and down a bit. 

ENHANCE

I was on Webber's car although I've long forgotten where.