rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

2 hours ago, marsh said:

On it like a car bonnet, add Junker as well and that covers all the bases.

Cheers for that, got the request on my main account though so I sent one back from my alt. Hate this region shenanigans.

• Upvote 1

Don't bother with the N class cars or Bathurst. :ph34r: GR3 and above only. :blah: ;)

It's not an arcade game so don't expect that you can throw the car into the corners like you would with Ridge Racer. Brake in a straight line to begin with before you make a turn into the corner. Try to be smooth with the throttle and brakes. Do lap after lap like this making sure you are always on the track and not going off it. Then gradually increase braking distances, gradually increase use of throttle in the corners. You'll find the limit soon enough!

I'd suggest manual gears, traction control 2 and ABS on to start with. If you use auto gears it will be a lot harder to give them up later. Once you can use them it will make a massive difference to your control of the car. Eventually get a wheel if you can. A cheapo wheel like a T-150 will make a huge difference to your enjoyment of the game. Hope that helps.

And enjoy! 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Marvin Morris said:

Any n00b advice?

If you’re planning to race online with randoms, persevere with driving cleanly in the daily races to rank up your “SR” or Sportsmanship Rating. Once you get to A or S rating you can have some fairly decent races without being bumped off the track at every corner.

(Except Monday nights, it seems, when no one is used to the new track yet and you may as well have “hit me” painted on your rear bumper...)

20 hours ago, Marvin Morris said:

I’ve just bought it. :D

Any n00b advice?

Ace, welcome! :D

Enjoy getting started, take the track driving lessons the game offers (and mission mode) to get some good pointers. Also sign a manufacturer contract with a car brand you like to get two free race cars (Gr.4 and Gr.3).

And if you're interested in joining our forum racing group, add me on PSN (Joe_McSpeed) and we'll send you invites to the racing nights and PSN chat group.

3 hours ago, fretnoise said:

(Except Monday nights, it seems, when no one is used to the new track yet and you may as well have “hit me” painted on your rear bumper...)

I may have missed this! What happened when you raced with us? :o

3 hours ago, fretnoise said:

FTFY :)

You genuinely don't like the Super Formula cars? I know they require some 'confidence' to get the most off, trusting the downforce in corners etc. 

43 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

may have missed this! What happened when you raced with us? :o

No no - don’t fret :) it was this last Monday when I missed the rllmuk session so went into the daily races afterwards - bumper car central!

And no - I just think the SF cars push the model to its limits and I get much more enjoyment nailing a corner in a good Gr 3 car, balancing the throttle just right etc etc. I have a suspicion it may be because my reactions just aren’t what they used to be!

4 hours ago, fretnoise said:

If you’re planning to race online with randoms, persevere with driving cleanly in the daily races to rank up your “SR” or Sportsmanship Rating. Once you get to A or S rating you can have some fairly decent races without being bumped off the track at every corner.

I would add that it's almost worth starting dead last and pootling round at the back just to protect your sr and avoiding all contact.

Mines ranked of late and it seems harder to get it back.

Yep, noticed that too - one bad race to go down from S to A and then 4 or 5 races of concerted effort to get it back to S. Tricky on aforementioned Monday night daily races...

9 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

No no - don’t fret :) it was this last Monday when I missed the rllmuk session so went into the daily races afterwards - bumper car central!

And no - I just think the SF cars push the model to its limits and I get much more enjoyment nailing a corner in a good Gr 3 car, balancing the throttle just right etc etc. I have a suspicion it may be because my reactions just aren’t what they used to be!

Ah, in that case just join us on Monday nights for far less of those worries! ;)

And I very much like the Gr. 3 cars for longer races, mostly as the Super Formula's are VERY intense to drive hard. Quali and 10-odd laps of racing will leave anyone of us properly knackered.

• Upvote 2

I've played various official F1 titles which I enjoy, and wanted to try a different game's version of open wheel racing. I'll get the credits together to buy Super Formula in Gran Turismo Sport, but in the meantime I've played Formula A in Project Cars 2 and really like it. I like the simulation model and it also feels fun and engaging. Is the Gran Turismo Sport version of open wheel similar to Project Cars 2?

2 hours ago, Junker said:

Daily Race B results as well

F2920089-5C93-4BBB-84AD-0E0D8F4B7964.jpeg

2 hours ago, Junker said:

Weekly Time Trial results are in

Well done to everyone who took part

FBC55102-D3F8-4819-843F-3C9E125E88DB.jpeg

The host with the most! that's a decent time. Must have been nice to get a sunday night off? turns out there's a PS4 where I'm on holiday......:ph34r: *

* there's no copy of GT here thankfully.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marsh said:

* there's no copy of GT here thankfully.

What's your internet connection like?  It's only £16 in the store ;)

@Beezer Wow - that was pretty close! 0.249s between us in Race A, and 6 thousandths in Race B - cool! :D 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tyagi said:

I've played various official F1 titles which I enjoy, and wanted to try a different game's version of open wheel racing. I'll get the credits together to buy Super Formula in Gran Turismo Sport, but in the meantime I've played Formula A in Project Cars 2 and really like it. I like the simulation model and it also feels fun and engaging. Is the Gran Turismo Sport version of open wheel similar to Project Cars 2?

It's different, but very enjoyable for sure. Massive thrill to drive a Super Formula at full pelt (super soft tyres and all) and nail a lap :omg:

• Upvote 1

What an amazing weekend in Hockenheim! Not just the both batshit and brilliant race on Sunday, but also the meet with @mexos at the German GP:

IMG_20190727_111240.thumb.jpg.b3a978547ff0cd1552256150f7788e79.jpg

Additionally, I managed to convert at least two more people working in F1 to join us in GT :) Give them a few weeks, some will be with us during Summer break and others beyond that!

So, forum racing again tonight at 8:30 PM as per usual. Expect great racing again!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, wev said:

I won't be there tonight, I'm going out to watch The Matrix at the cinema

Alright, let's dial-up through the 56k modem after that so we can do some peer-to-peer Need for Speed: Road Challenge races!

• Upvote 2

:lol:

ive only ever seen it on VHS and DVD, my daughter said she'd seen on the Vue website they were showing it for its 20th anniversary so I though " eh, why not?" 

• Upvote 1

Oh not at all, I’ll be back for sure. After that one rally race (which is the most time I’ve ever spent on a dirt track in GT Sport) I didn’t seem to be able to get back into the room for any more races yesterday evening. Refreshed the lobby list a good few times with “Show rooms with friends” turned on but couldn’t see any. Thought perhaps I’d been disqualified for el punterino :lol: