rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

24 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

I’d pay good money for this to be a legit question at the driver press conference. 

Will happily fund this. :D

Bonus funding for getting Dieter Rencken Racing Lines and racefans.net to ask the question again in a different, more long winded way after you.

I just asked something similar in the PSVR thread, but it strikes me it might be better asked in here.

If I wanted to try the PSVR mode, what should I know? As I've posted upthread, I've got a basic FFB wheel setup. My PS4 is a non-Pro slim, my TV isn't 4K or HDR, and I don't own Move controllers. I'm not that interested in any other VR games except maybe Rez.

Is it actually any good?

28 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Is it actually any good?

it's cool but the problem is it's only a really small part of the game that is playable in vr (1v1 race and timetrial unless they've added more stuff as i haven't played in a while?) so if you're not interested in any other vr games it's not going to be good value so hard to recommend. up to you if you want to spend the money and try it anyway. if it was dirt rally you were interested in at least there the whole game is in vr.

3 hours ago, mexos said:

Will happily fund this. :D

Bonus funding for getting Dieter Rencken Racing Lines and racefans.net to ask the question again in a different, more long winded way after you.

Ha, I know Dieter quite a bit. Let me tell you some interesting stories surrounding all that next time ;)

Other than that, keep a close ear for Joe van Burik RacingNews365.

• Upvote 1

nHtBNxA.png

un16b39.png

It's Jean Alesi's Tyrrell 018. There were a few variants, but I preferred the orange sidepods on this one (think it's from Japan 89?) over the one with XP Parcel Express on it

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, spatular said:

it's cool but the problem is it's only a really small part of the game that is playable in vr (1v1 race and timetrial unless they've added more stuff as i haven't played in a while?) so if you're not interested in any other vr games it's not going to be good value so hard to recommend. up to you if you want to spend the money and try it anyway. if it was dirt rally you were interested in at least there the whole game is in vr.

Time trial is actually one of my favourite parts of the game so that might not be as much of a downside as you might think.

Can you time trial any circuit in any car or is it all preset combinations?

24 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Can you time trial any circuit in any car or is it all preset combinations?

I think it was any car/track but can't remember for sure sorry.

• Upvote 1

It is currently any circuit and any car for VR - although the garage selection option does say "select from VR compatible cars" so it might change at some point.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wev said:

Now that @mexos is best pals with Anthony Davidson and the latter has something to prove I think he should join us tonight ;)

Ooh, elaborate!

I will try to be on. Flying home from Silverstone around 4PM so need some time back with the missus too. But hope to join in on some racing around 8:30 PM :)

37 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Ooh, elaborate!

I will try to be on. Flying home from Silverstone around 4PM so need some time back with the missus too. But hope to join in on some racing around 8:30 PM :)

• Upvote 1

Massive apologies to the Time Trial regulars, I completely forgot to snap the times from Brands late last night. If anyone has it feel free to post up, normal service will be resumed this week.....:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Lifesaver, thankyou!

I propose that this week we do either the Gt86 at Autopolis, or take some brave pills and go to Fuji in the SF Dallara Toyota? I appreciate that some people may need to go and buy the super formula car and I include myself in that equasion!

7 hours ago, wev said:

Now that @mexos is best pals with Anthony Davidson and the latter has something to prove I think he should join us tonight ;)

:blush:

I recon I can be on a little bit later, say 9 ish. I was supposed to be prepping for an interview all weekend so I'm trying to make up the time. :ph34r:

I should be able to make it for some online racing at 9PM :)

Let's channel the spirit of that awesome British GP!

(Yes, I'm talking Super Formula's on Super Softs.)

At Brands because there's no Silverstone?

Must remember to map my boost button, not that it makes a difference when you spend half the race in the gravel

22 minutes ago, wev said:

At Brands because there's no Silverstone?

Must remember to map my boost button, not that it makes a difference when you spend half the race in the gravel

I've now pictured how Super Formula's should be to drive around Brands.

THIS MUST HAPPEN TONIGHT

• Upvote 1

Good luck racing tonight folks, Would love to join in but just too busy on Mondays. 

As for the weekly time trial the Super Formula is my first choice but I guess not everyone has the in game currency to buy it. 

I’m going to have a go at all three at some point in the week so I’m easy 

I think it's fair to say that whatever you pick for the weekly tt, you will have something to aim for. There are already healthy numbers in all the daily race classes so just take your pick and go for it. I will do a midweek update.

Some of the top times are quite frankly, obscene :blink:

@Batmobile his time in the sf would have whacked him on pole for ever race I started tonight. I'm going for a lie down...

I'm sorry guys, couldn't make it last night after all sadly :( Got home a little later than expected and couldn't steal time from the missus after being away for 6 days.

• Upvote 1