rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

55 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

This Gr.4 race last night :omg:

The win was never in any doubt...... :unsure:

Very, very fortunate to keep the batman at bay.

Right racers, weekly TT is at Brands in the GR3's. @mexos I'm expecting to walk it as it's a speciality track of his imo, I think something in the 1.24's will take it....

Mid week update to follow as I'm not working much this week and normal service should resume.

The hardest decision is Ferrari or Audi?

I'm not around this week, as I'm in Germany for a funeral. Will be back next week. 

Goodwood is dropping this week. No new cars but great to have another proper circuit. 

• Empathy 1

Shame, me and Junker are duking it out early doors, maybe a 1.23 is possible....:eyebrows:

As for Ferrari or Audi, neither, used the Porsche.

• Upvote 1

I’ve joined in on the duking on Brands Hatch. Already duked with Junker last week on Dragons Tail in the group 4s, did a late dive bomb time Sunday night to edge him by a tenth, a move I’m calling doing a Marsh :D

• Upvote 2

A 1.23 currently leads, I just can't work out why the Audi is so quick round here? I'm going to work on a 1.22 as my optimum lap from a run last night was a very low 1.23....

Been mostly racing on Autopolis on daily race 1 this week. 

I’m struggling with Brands gr3 this week. First half of the lap I’m ok but Westfield round through Dingle Dell I’m just not carrying momentum, and in the Audi when I push I’m losing the back end. Probably a weight transfer thing. Anyone got any tips? In the past month I’ve switched to a wheel and no assists. When it clicks it’s definitely faster but it’s tough to build up good throttle control and trail braking etc

• Upvote 1

With the back end are you sure you're not clouting the kerb on the inside? It's been some time since I played GT Sport on that track but in reality many have made that mistake.

10 hours ago, Dudley said:

With the back end are you sure you're not clouting the kerb on the inside? It's been some time since I played GT Sport on that track but in reality many have made that mistake.

Good question. I’m not sure actually, are they bad for that then? I’d assumed i was losing grip due to weight transfer and the big undulations and cambers on Brands or something. I’ll have another go today

It's a thing at the real circuit certainly, although usually you lift the front wheels and go spearing off forwards, you can't be too aggressive there.

I'm more than happy for the weekly TT to be at any of the daily challenge tracks, Mini's at Suzuka, GR'3's at some made up race circuit, or to level the playing field, GR4's at Goodwood.

Weekly TT results, thanks to all for taking part, I must have put in 100 laps in the end to get that time down:

61908052_10156595646292979_8673689288950415360_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

Back again!* And amazing to see the Goodwood Motor Circuit has dropped :D Let's do racing tonight in Mini's and some serious racing cars too around there!

I'll be hosting the online races at 8PM UK time again, hope to see you all in to have some great battles 8-)

(* = Where was I, you may ask? Away on holiday in Italy, for a week of rest, mediocre weather, a theme park and excellent wine.

Also, I drove a Ferrari 512 TR :omg:)

IMG_2701_3.thumb.jpg.197b1b5fb4ba51a1162a4ad6c176c3db.jpg

• Upvote 5

Think I have a new favourite track.

Minis were great fun, liftoff oversteering around the corners, and they seemed to have as much grip on the grass as they did on the asphalt ;)

F40 was a shock to the system after the minis, where you dare not touch the green stuff, and had to scrub a lot more speed before attempting to take the corner.  I was lucky on the last lap to reap the benefits of everyone else going off track, as I did all my off road excursions in the previous laps.

Over confidence got the better of me in the last race, as having built a few seconds lead, I set out to beat @marsh fastest lap, and ended up binning it instead on the penultimate lap! I Will leave fastest lap chasing to the time trails from now on :lol: 

• Upvote 2

Great racing, I was certainly done after the third race. Was still lolling about @Batmobile and his pass in the mini on the last lap on the drive up to Plymouth this morning! :lol:

If anyone is in any doubt about racing online in GTsport, the best races I've had are with guys on the forum. I was very sceptical about the addition of goodwood as a track and I was certain it was done purely because the fee to do it would have been piss cheap, however that track delivered by the shovel load last night. You simply must join us for shenanigans. I was laughing at my start in the Porsche when the rear wheels decided my application of the throttle was a little on the keen side, so I just left it buried!

Superb.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, marsh said:

big mini grid next week = :omg:

VERY much up for that :D

Sadly I'll be away next Monday due to a bank holiday.

Can do racing on Tuesday instead, though.

Sorry I wasn't there for you all to lap last night, had had a hectic day and the missus and I were in bed fairly early watching Evil Genius on Netflix. Hopefully now the kids will have been back at school a week by Monday their routine will be sorted, during half term they weren't falling asleep till half 10!

Goodwood is interesting, I’m assuming it’s the time trial track  of choice this week? It’s one of those tracks where I put in a quick lap, and because it was smooth I think I can push harder to save time, and actually then go slower ( or go flying off onto the grass). The key seems to be getting on the power early out onto the 2 main straights, and then nailing the chicane of death. I reckon I can get near or maybe below 1:15 but I just can’t quite get it all sorted yet. There seems to be some subtle cambers on a couple of entry points to corners and I’ve not sorted out whether to weight transfer aggressively to try and induce a bit of oversteer, or to smooth it out and use more mid corner speed. 

How are the rest of you finding it?

• Upvote 2

I'm fairly confident that I'll not get anywhere near that time! Hell of a lap there @Junker

Goodward is tricky, even the leaderboards suggest none of us have picked the right car!!