rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

On 02/05/2019 at 20:36, marsh said:

Anyone time trialing this week? Was duking it out with @Batmobile on the short suzuki circuit in N300's  or there's GR2's at Fuji if you want it a bit more hardcore....

Gr4's at autopolis if you want a shandy.

So quite typically, I put in probably the best hotlap i've ever done on GT Sport on Autopolis whilst time trial nemesis Marsh doesn't even bother! I got within 2 seconds of the top 10 stars which I was chuffed with (closest I've ever got). 

Done a decent lap on Interlagos in Lambo though for this week I think. 

Up for races next monday. 

43 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

So quite typically, I put in probably the best hotlap i've ever done on GT Sport on Autopolis whilst time trial nemesis Marsh doesn't even bother!

Everyone's time trial nemesis!

Autopolis, it's not even a real track...........;)

I did the other two tracks and left that one, lets call it early and do Interlagos this week. It is a personal favorite of mine :eyebrows:

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Autopolis, it's not even a real track...........;)

Nemesis intensifies....

nah fair enough, don't have time to do multiple tracks each week. I just ended up really enjoying Autopolis, suits my driving style I think. 

:lol:

Autopolis is great, I just figured for some unknown reason that it wouldn't be the one that anyone would pick. On the back of that I'd had a bit of a laugh with Daihatsu Copens the week before, which is why I'd put more time into the N300's than I did at Fuji.

Must be Bathurst soon :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, marsh said:

Must be Bathurst soon :eyebrows:

The king of not even real tracks. Who would build something like that? Must be made up. 

Scarily has posted a hell of a benchmark of a 1.38.5, 7 laps in and less than a second to find....

Where did all this grip come from in the lambo? Used to be a right bellend to drive.

On 08/05/2019 at 08:19, mexos said:

The king of not even real tracks. Who would build something like that? Must be made up. 

Come on Noel, send it:

27-04.jpg

5 hours ago, marsh said:

Not sure @Varnsen time can be beaten, it's a sniff off the top ten leader board for EU......

I fully expect you to post at 11:45pm tonight with a :coffee: and a 1:37.00.

Sundays are so stressful now

Not happening, my time just dumped me on pole for a daily race, and that's something I dislike immensely and therefore yours must be decent! You've knocked it out of the park sir:hat:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, marsh said:

Not happening, my time just dumped me on pole for a daily race, and that's something I dislike immensely and therefore yours must be decent! You've knocked it out of the park sir:hat:

well thank you!

efinitely one of my better laps, I think the gr4 cars agree with me.

Hard to control the gr3 cars on a pad as I'm more often than not too lazy to lug the wheel out. 

So, @Varnsen scoops this weeks TT, a lap which would have put him on pole for every single race I entered last night. I did try and do a Senna last night and while I shaved a fraction off my times banging in multiple low 1.39's, the optimum still came in at a .300 over his time. First class.

59999818_10156546805162979_3032129383490912256_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

New Daily(weekly!) races are out.  Porshce 356 around Brands indy Circuit, Gr3 at Circuit de la sarthe and Super Formulas around Autopolis.  Looking forward to driving the Super Formulas again.

Anyone racing tonight?

I've started at les mans, but only as I had the Honda as the super formula and suspected that I'd win the Toyota from my daily mileage after spunking a million credits on it...

After last weeks efforts, I don't think I've managed a clean lap around le Mans and i'm away this weekend. Gonna have to live with a lap about 3 months slower than Marsh. 

The track limit penalties are a bit strict at La Sarthe, took me about 3 attempts to put a clean lap in!   Should be able to knock a few seconds off my time, now I know what corners I need to keep well away from the edge on. 

Annoying that you need the Toyota Super Formula to take place in the Autopolis race, especially when apart from the badge, they are identical. 

Porsche 356 is quite fun around Brands,  hadn't driven the car before, and it was a pleasant surprise.  Need to keep your momentum through the corners, as it bogs down if you scrub too much speed. Once you get the hang of it, you can pull off some impressive four wheel slides.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, marsh said:

I was quite pleased with that, sub 4 minute if I can....

yeah that's a more than decent time in my book. I'd be delighted with sub-4 minutes. not gonna happen this week though.

The daily race is best avoided, I'm finding that with the savagery of the penalties being handed out for riding the kerbs, and some ferocious bellends taking part means you end up with your SR in bits or you don't see a car for the entire race. That sub 4 minute is not an easy thing to come by....

I take it all back, after going sub 4 minutes, I thought I'd have a quick go at the daily.....pole, fastest lap, and win. Was harassed by an Italian for the first few corners and then sailed off into the distance. Feeling rather pleased with myself.....

And then I thought I'd look at the top ten EU times, 3.53 etc. What the actual fuck are these people on!!!???

Anyway, enjoy:

• Upvote 1

Right, it's been waaaaay too long since we did forum racing night! (At least when I was involved.)

So would very much like to return to that tonight at 8:30 PM UK time :)

Make sure you bring:

- Toyota AE86

- Any Gr. 3 racer

- Any Gr. 1 racer (such as the Porsche 962 C)

- Any Super Formula racer

Who's up for it?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Right, it's been waaaaay too long since we did forum racing night! (At least when I was involved.)

So would very much like to return to that tonight at 8:30 PM UK time :)

Make sure you bring:

- Toyota AE86

- Any Gr. 3 racer

- Any Gr. 1 racer (such as the Porsche 962 C)

- Any Super Formula racer

Who's up for it?

Count me in.

I can be about....

I didn't grab a screenshot of the weekly TT as I figured I'd done enough........and my bed was calling rather than laps at La Sarthe.

Good stuff. I couldn’t get my chat audio to work after I finished my call. Annoying!

Nice to have a bit of racing again! 8-)

Wanted your fastest lap at Suzuka! Binned it with two blue sectors against a previous lap that was .400 off it on the last lap!!

All good stuff, great to chase down Batmobile at Interlagos too.