rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

Super formula is absolutely mental. I was gutted that my wheel broke - not because the wheel broke but because I wanted to keep racing! 

WEN CHAMPIEUNSHP?!

5 hours ago, mexos said:

Super formula is absolutely mental. I was gutted that my wheel broke - not because the wheel broke but because I wanted to keep racing! 

WEN CHAMPIEUNSHP?!

I wondered why you suddenly slowed down after taking the lead at Suzuka.  Thought you was trying to replicate the reliability of the livery your car was wearing ;)

The Super Formula cars have a crazy amount of grip, but can bite if you get too greedy on the throttle, or a bit overzealous with the overtake button!  Think they would make for a good championship.

Forgot to save save the replays last night, so if anyone did and would like to share them, it would be appreciated.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely loved that Suzuka race even though I ran out of fuel on the last lap like a dope. 

We need to run them again next week!

Great racing last night indeed! Love the Super Formula cars to bits, even though I struggled like mad with the tyres in the races with degradation enabled...

However, doing super fast qualifying laps around Suzuka on softs was a great way to channel my inner Hamilton :D

On another note, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the SF Honda as well - with real money. Cue me accidentally purchasing (another) Toyota car :facepalm: So I sold the one I already had (which was bought with credits, only got 30% back sadly) and got the Honda too.

Then extended my manufacturers contract with BMW, only to accidentally select the M6 GT3 (which I have 3 of) and lose my Z4 GT3 on loan. Argh! Had to get that back but didn't want to spent another half a million.

So yeah, that was a total of 8,50 euros spent on basically cars that I already had - bar one.

I take it this weeks TT is Suzuki in the SF19?

You can lean on that bugger in the corners, I can't seem to employ the overtake facility while setting a lap.....

A 1.39 is the target.

12 hours ago, marsh said:

I take it this weeks TT is Suzuki in the SF19?

You can lean on that bugger in the corners, I can't seem to employ the overtake facility while setting a lap.....

A 1.39 is the target.

My wheel arrives today hopefully so I'll take a pop at that.

4 hours ago, marsh said:

I really must get my t150 setup....

You want a T150? I can help you out. We've got one in stock, it was driven by a real pro. Could have been an F1 driver this guy. Sure the wheels got some issues* but it's racing history more than makes up for it. Interested?

*Totally broken, does not work

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, wev said:

@mexos so switching off and on again doesn't fix it?

Nah, it's borked. It was making all sort of noises and a buzzing. Then the wheel stopped working, then the lights went off, then the buzzing stopped. Dead. 

As I accidentally bought the Toyota SF19 on my alt account to race in the daily C this week, before finding out it's ineligible, I thought I should at least make a livery for it. The Stewart I already made was one of my favourite old F1 cars, my second pick was the R.Schumacher/G.Fisichella Jordan - the one with the snake on the nose cone (bitten & hisses). Unforunately that design doesn't work if the car doesn't have a high nose, and these SF cars are really narrow and low.

This was the next best thing, most of the sponsors are accurate but I had to get a bit creative with where I put them. And of course, it's stupid that this is on the Toyota and not the Honda, but no way am I trying to recreate both liveries to swap them over!

(the lighting in this pic makes the yellow look too greenish :/)

IMG_0679.JPG

• Upvote 4

The wheel turned up. Oh my... it’s a night and day difference from the T150. The depth of what you can feel going on with the car. It’s so much more fun.

Had a quick go at the Super Formula qualifying. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wev said:

Doesn't matter whether it's on the Honda or the Toyota, the J197 was Peugeot powered :)

The sample picture I was working from had a Mugen Honda logo on the side... think it's the J199?

J197 was the snake I originally wanted to do. Although I mashed up the sponsors a bit between the two.

Maybe, they had Honda power from 98 onwards, but had switched to the hornet design for those seasons. Still, are you doing these all yourself? What tools do you use?

I changed the pink on mine to a fluorescent matte pink

I'm using CorelDraw mostly, to make vectors from logos I can only find bitmaps of, and to edit things. There are a few quirks with transparencies but I'm starting to get to know how to work around it.

The other important tool is an svg optimising web tool (SVGO) that helps get the sizes down to 15k.

Just now, marsh said:

Jesus wept @mexos you running some shonky traction control software??!!?

Mexos Schumacher? Should change his Super Formula livery to Benetton!