rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

Indeed, the word is that Spa has been ready to go for a while now, but the circuit owners saw the opportunity for a big pay day with the GT brand and raised their price significantly.

I had been eager for Spa, but if that's how it's gonna be then f--k 'em. I'm having so much fun with Autopolis and I'd never even heard of that track. Spa can go and be obsolete and fade from public perception, just like pay-to-view F1 will.

5 minutes ago, marsh said:

Wait, you mean Autopolis is a real place??

Nah. Kaz has been getting us ready for it for ages. He sponsored Benetton in the 90's to start spreading news that it was coming to a game he'd never thought of yet. 

f1-italian-gp-1991-nelson-piquet-benetto

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, marsh said:

All the money they spent on sponsorship, and you couldn't even google what it was back in the day.

:blah:

Crazy huh. So many brands that I saw week in week out on cars but only found out what they were decades later when the netwebs became a thing. 

Just now, marsh said:

All the money they spent on sponsorship, and you couldn't even google what it was back in the day.

:blah:

Crazy huh. So many brands that I saw week in week out on cars but only found out what they were decades later when the netwebs became a thing. 

Spent some time shaking down that Super Formula car last night and it's PRETTY DAMN SWEET :D

Immediately fast on the straights and a load of grip on corner entry (with just a tiny hint of understeer). 

The nicest challenge lies in corner exits: with a wee bit of turbo lag, getting on the throttle too much too soon WILL kick the tail out - though it can be countered fairly easily.

And all that accompanied by the loudest, raspiest turbo 4-pot ever 8-)

We should get seriously busy with this for next Monday night. Get your liveries on, do some practice on the best tracks out there and try various tyres and fuel loads, too!

• Upvote 2

agreed with all of the above. I'm loving how much they keep adding to this game

The only thing was that the Super Formula was pretty expensive and even though I play quite a lot, I'm not mega rich in GT. I had like 2.5 million credits last night. I don't think Sport mode pays out enough. 

Just now, Varnsen said:

The only thing was that the Super Formula was pretty expensive and even though I play quite a lot, I'm not mega rich in GT. I had like 2.5 million credits last night. I don't think Sport mode pays out enough. 

Yep the in-app purchase stuff (probably why we can’t gift/sell cars or why they’ve never increased the sport mode payout) leaves a bit of a bad taste, can’t complain about the amount of free content but many of the cars I’ll never get to drive as they’re 10M+ often 20M credits.

On 28/03/2019 at 15:37, mexos said:

Indeed!

0%252C1020%252C134714%252C00.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Indeed!

0%252C1020%252C134714%252C00.jpg

Also when on holiday abroad. 

Parmalat is milk?! Segafredo is coffee?!

Wow

Frank Williams goes to Saudi-Arabia

By the end of the 70's, the Williams Formula One team was in financial trouble. The team was low on funding and  lacked any significant success. Frank Williams needed to find himself some new sponsors. Meanwhile, by the end of the 1977 season the team was trying to find its way around as cheap as possible, forcing the mechanics to eat at the buffet whch was meant for guests and businessmen. While they were at it at the buffet, Frank Williams ran marathons to raise money. But this only helped to some degree. He and technical director Patrick Head decided to fly to Saudi-Arabia, were the streets were paved in gold. After a few fruitful conversations with some significant Saudi-Arabian entrepreneurs Williams and Head returned to Oxfordshire with Saudi-Airlines and Albilad-hotels as the new main sponsors. Even though these sponsors took with them a huge sum of money, a disputable name made its way onto the 1979 Williams FW07's livery: Bin Laden. Albilad's founding father, Mohamed Bin Laden, was the father of no other than Osama Bin Laden. Mohammed himself had died in 1967, a few of Osama's brothers continued the family business. The main company, Saudi-Binladen, was a construction and engineering company responsible for a lot of Saudi-Arabian infrastructure. The Williams F1 team did become successful though, winning the 1980 drivers title with Alan Jones taking the Albilad-Williams to a total of five Grand Prix victories. How disputable was this sponsoring? Not that much. Mohammed Bin Laden had 126 sons. Osama was ousted by his family due to his radicalisation, while most of the Bin Laden family emigrated to the USA and Europe, continuing their successful businesses. This part of the Bin Laden family has never been accused of having ties with Osama's Al Qaeda. However, when Alan Jones was reminded about this he did wish for Osama to have dropped by in the paddock, only for Jones to run him over.

• Upvote 2

Gather behind your wheels and pads again tonight, people! Open forum racing will commence again tonight at 8:00 PM UK TIME :)

Get your Super Formula cars out for action on a variety of circuits - we will take track votes of course!

Now roll calling:

@Batmobile

@scoobysi

@mexos

@Beezer

@marsh

@p1nseeker

@PeteBrant

@parrapatheslapper

@wev

@SeanR

@MattKB

@R33Smitty

@T4RG4

@tobert

@Junker

@Varnsen

@kiroquai

And as always, of course all others and friends are welcome, too!

On 28/03/2019 at 14:18, Darwock said:

Indeed, the word is that Spa has been ready to go for a while now, but the circuit owners saw the opportunity for a big pay day with the GT brand and raised their price significantly.

I had been eager for Spa, but if that's how it's gonna be then f--k 'em. I'm having so much fun with Autopolis and I'd never even heard of that track. Spa can go and be obsolete and fade from public perception, just like pay-to-view F1 will.

Greed again. Sigh. No live F1 for me this season. Don't have Sky. Don't intend to get Sky. I knew this would happen in this country to F1 though as soon as Sky got involved so it was no surprise. I could actually do without a TV I think these days because there is hardly anything I watch these days on the thing. The Grand Tour is about it. And that is on Amazon Prime.

I'm sitting it out tonight, I've done 880 miles in three days so the thought of doing any virtual mileage appeals to me about as much as a kick in the gonads.

Congrats to Batman on the weekly TT, I was a mere 9 seconds away from his time....:quote: I guess the rest of you were too busy slapping 90's f1 liveries on wanabe f1 race cars ;)

• Upvote 1

In an astoundingly well thought out move, it seems that the Super Formula daily race C for this week only allows the Honda variation to be entered. The "/Honda" part was not visible due to the length of the car's name however, so I bought the Toyota to race on my alternate account.

No eligible cars :/