rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

6 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

A lot of us from this thread have been known to use the daily races as a kind of unofficial time trial contest. If you add people to your friends list and then do qualifying laps for the daily races, their best quali lap will be listed against yours. It's a bit hacky but it's something.

oh yeah i did do some of those instead, cheers :)

• Upvote 2

On 03/04/2020 at 15:36, McSpeed said:

Let's see what happens. If we get more than 16 players again, I'm sure we can split lobbies to accommodate all interested players :)

For instance @mexos and @PeteBrant (we've been missing you recently!) have hosting experience with similar settings, and I'm sure for instance @marsh could do the same.

Or @beenabadbunny could host a lobby - I'll be happy to share to base settings for rllmuk online racing again!

I’ve got a mate who’s a n00b who’d be Interested in the 2nd lobby 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

A lot of us from this thread have been known to use the daily races as a kind of unofficial time trial contest. If you add people to your friends list and then do qualifying laps for the daily races, their best quali lap will be listed against yours. It's a bit hacky but it's something.

This, except this weeks choices were a bit meh, imo.

Can I invite two friends too? Sensible clean racing types of course :) 

16 hours ago, Varnsen said:

I’ve got a mate who’s a n00b who’d be Interested in the 2nd lobby 

10 hours ago, morcs said:

Can I invite two friends too? Sensible clean racing types of course :) 

By all means bring them! We'll find a way to setup a second lobby - by having another group members hosting and him added to 2nd group player friends lists, or with lobby codes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, McSpeed said:

By all means bring them! We'll find a way to setup a second lobby - by having another group members hosting and him added to 2nd group player friends lists, or with lobby codes.

Awesome! So I’ll wait to tell them who to add as a friend/lobby code?

They’re scitzafitz and Nuclear__Toaster (two underscores)

52 minutes ago, morcs said:

I'll send them friend requests, so I can add them to the PSN chat group 'rllmuk GT Sport' - which I've also just added you too.

On Monday nights it's easiest to configure things there, especially when we're going to run 2 lobbies :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, morcs said:

I can's send scitzafitz a friend request so please ask him to add me on PSN, Joe_McSpeed.

• Upvote 1

Was having a go at Race C in sport mode, Gr2 on Fuji, torpedoed off track from behind, and got a 4 second penalty for ‘pushing another car off track’. What?

It’s a bit weird at the moment. I got deliberately taken out at the hairpin in Race B (the guy was gloating about it in the chat afterwards - nice) and I got the 4s penalty for good measure too.

@McSpeed I think I’ve missed the post with the plan for Monday - multiple races at Goodwood? I’ll see if lockdown family life allows.

• Upvote 1

On 03/04/2020 at 15:15, McSpeed said:

Yes, for extra clarity regarding THIS Monday night, make sure you bring the following cars for the races at Goodwood:

* Mini Cooper S (N100) https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=242

* Any N300 car from before 1975, which means any of these cars:

- Chevrolet Camaro Z28: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=298

- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=173

- De Tomaso Pantera: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=197

- Dodge Super Bee: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=313

- Ferrari 250 GT BERLINETTA PASSO CORTO CN.2521: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=286

- Ford Mustang Mach 1: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=199

- Jaguar E-Type Coupe: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=263

- Mazda RX500: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=252

- Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=254

- Shelby GT350: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=273

* Gran Turismo F1500T-A: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/car_sheet.php?id=200

Make sure you have a nice livery from the '80s F1 period - and by all means check out @mexos profile for shared ones :)

• Upvote 2

Right. Practice laps down in all 3 cars. The F1500T is amazing :)

Careful with the tyre choice on the mini, as anything remotely sticky tends to end up with things going a bit, erm, wrong... :)

1437A0CE-302F-4C6B-BBB6-708ED9F10C16.jpeg

• Upvote 5

I think I need to practice in the mini some more.....

WORD OF NOTE: the Mazda RX-500 will be banned for tonight's classic N300 race. Even with BoP it's just too fast compared to the other cars, as noted by several players in our group.

Still plenty of other cars to choose from, though :)

• Upvote 2

Right, I have been hugely enjoying this for the last fortnight but last night, the game's been totally ruined.

You know how the front end menu cycles between scapes photos, the attract mode, car demos, and random history slides?

Just before I shut it off last night it threw up a giant picture of Nigel Fucking Farage in full jubilant mode.

Thanks for that, Kaz.

Oh I'll try and do racing tonight, but I'm struggling to sort out a headset...

Just now, RFT said:

Right, I have been hugely enjoying this for the last fortnight but last night, the game's been totally ruined.

You know how the front end menu cycles between scapes photos, the attract mode, car demos, and random history slides?

Just before I shut it off last night it threw up a giant picture of Nigel Fucking Farage in full jubilant mode.

Thanks for that, Kaz.

To make up for that nonsense: feel free to join our virtual Goodwood Members' Meeting online races tonight :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, McSpeed said:

To make up for that nonsense: feel free to join our virtual Goodwood Members' Meeting online races tonight :)

Oh, i've already bought an E-type for it this morning. Wanted to run the GT350 and call back to the old red mustang I ran in the old historic trophy oh so long ago, but I've just blown nearly all my cash on a GT40, so coventry's masterpeice it is...

but yeh, Im trying to sort out what I can do for comms as I don't have a bluetooth headset atm.

I need to buy the formula car, quickest way to get three quarter million craps? :omg:

I can always sit out the last race, I think the first two will be brilliant :) 

If you buy the Lewis Hamilton DLC, doing the time trial challenges to bronze level is worth 200K each. You should be able to get through four of those.  

That does require spending more money than it would cost to just buy the F-1500 though (that is assuming it can be bought as a microtransaction - I think there are some 'special' cars that can't be bought for real money.)

that mazda had the worst engine noise in the game though so it's not all bad!

30 minutes ago, morcs said:

I need to buy the formula car, quickest way to get three quarter million craps? :omg:

following Marsh's advice, you can get about 140k per circuit experience gold medals. So depending on how quick you can gold them, you'll get decent cash. 

I may or may not have grinded them all yesterday to buy a Ferrari. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, RFT said:

but yeh, Im trying to sort out what I can do for comms as I don't have a bluetooth headset atm.

you can use a wired headset plugged into a pad at the same time as using a wheel, if that helps.

Just now, spatular said:

you can use a wired headset plugged into a pad at the same time as using a wheel, if that helps.

I don't have a wheel (for PS4, at least...). I'm trying to see if there's a wired headset somewhere in the house.

1 hour ago, RFT said:

Oh, i've already bought an E-type for it this morning. Wanted to run the GT350 and call back to the old red mustang I ran in the old historic trophy oh so long ago, but I've just blown nearly all my cash on a GT40, so coventry's masterpeice it is...

Excellent, looking forward to it!

You don't need a bluetooth headset for party chat, anything with an aux plug will suffice. Including the standard PS4 earpiece or (wired) mobile headsets, even.

1 hour ago, morcs said:

do whatever it takes.  best car in the game.

2 hours ago, McSpeed said:

WORD OF NOTE: the Mazda RX-500 will be banned for tonight's classic N300 race. Even with BoP it's just too fast compared to the other cars, as noted by several players in our group.

Still plenty of other cars to choose from, though :)

Bloody hell, been grinding to save up for that And the F1500 yesterday !! It was well quick compared to the Pantera which was the other car I own and fancied trying. Will be a laugh tonight anyway!! Forgot about the mini, we going for any particular themed liveries for the mini or any old nonsense? 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Junker said:

Bloody hell, been grinding to save up for that And the F1500 yesterday !! It was well quick compared to the Pantera which was the other car I own and fancied trying. Will be a laugh tonight anyway!! Forgot about the mini, we going for any particular themed liveries for the mini or any old nonsense? 

Sorry Junker, the Mazda 'settlement' was only brought to the attention late last night so we made that call to level the playing field. (Please don't launch further angry press releases and possible sport-damaging statements ;))

You can pick any livery you want for the Mini. Just make sure your F1500 is appropriately coloured to 80s F1 - visit @mexos profile in-game if you need a proper livery!

• Upvote 2

We're OK with semi-plausible what-ifs, right?

4827939077869307404_0.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

You don't need a bluetooth headset for party chat, anything with an aux plug will suffice. Including the standard PS4 earpiece or (wired) mobile headsets, even.

Just to expand on this - it needs to be an Android headset. Apple earphones are wired up wrong according to a different standard.