rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

I shit I need to do my sportsmanship course? :lol: 

Do I go to lobby and show rooms with friends? (McSpeed is my friend)

Cool :) I have plugged a headset into my DualShock, hopefully that’s enough :D 

(I just bought this PS4 too so I’ma total noob)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

Might be a full house?:o

Yeah,  switched on PS4 for first time in ages, should have guessed it would need nearly an hour to update GT Sport

by the time it did the lobby was full. Amazing for a game this old to still have that pull.
Then RLLMUK went offline so I didn’t know what the hell was happening.

None of us are going out anytime soon, who is up for racing more than just Mondays? That and do we need more than 1 lobby at a time?

• Upvote 3

Anyone get the replay of the last race? 8 tenths in it sounds like a good watch!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Yeah,  switched on PS4 for first time in ages, should have guessed it would need nearly an hour to update GT Sport

by the time it did the lobby was full. Amazing for a game this old to still have that pull.
Then RLLMUK went offline so I didn’t know what the hell was happening.

None of us are going out anytime soon, who is up for racing more than just Mondays? That and do we need more than 1 lobby at a time?

I am

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Anyone get the replay of the last race? 8 tenths in it sounds like a good watch!

Aw man it was great. Kudos to Pimp, it was a ding dong (lol) fight all race long.

Ill try and upload it.

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed that running around at the back :) Hopefully managed to get out of everyone's way. I mapped look left and right to buttons on my wheel but they didn't seem to do anything. Next time I'll have had more practice!

• Upvote 4

Sorry I've not been able to join in the past couple of weeks, I don't like playing online when the kids are awake and as they're not at school, plus the clocks changing, their sleep patterns have been thrown out completely, we were in bed before they were finally asleep last night

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Great to see a full lobby again last night, a huge positive in light of things going on in the wider world.

Alas, I just wasn't quick enough to keep the experts honest, from my seat at 6th for most of the races I could see what appeared to be a ridiculous battle ahead but couldn't get close enough to participate, apologies to anyone on the receiving end of a clumsey ill timed lunge @mexos and BadgerGT spring to mind. I may have picked the wrong car as the pointy end didn't feature a 911?

Anyway, did we decide on glorious Goodwood for next week? if that's the case then I'm off livery hunting for my mini and f1500 before making a purchase for the pre 1975....

• Upvote 1

Which one are you @marsh:D I think car selection made less of a difference than the split between those that bothered to tweak their aero and those that didn't.

• Upvote 1

Well done everyone! You all look very good from the back. :eyebrows:

@McSpeed you did a great job as host as always.

If I had one small request, it would be this: for next time would it be possible to trim the session length back a tiny bit? Two and a half hours is a long time in the saddle.

(What I'm actually saying is it's a long time to be tying up the living room - my girlfriend's patience was running thin by about the 90-minute mark, and at 2 hours there was still an entire race to run!)

Maybe, since the cars and tracks are planned in advance, we could get away with less free practice on the night? I'm sure on some of the circuits last night, there was time for 10 laps of FP before a 10-lap race.

Or if everyone else is happy with the session length then I'll be quiet of course :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, morcs said:

I think car selection made less of a difference than the split between those that bothered to tweak their aero and those that didn't.

I tweaked my Merc literally about a year ago, maybe more. Since then they've update the game and tweaked the cars go knows how many times. TLDR - it was a handful! On reflection I think I would have been better just using the stick set up. (Pretty sure I'd added downforce). At Spa I overtook Mr Noble 3 or 4 times, pulled out a second plus only to watch him destroy me down the straights and pass me with ease by the time we go to Les Combes. And in the last race the only way I could stick to Pimp was to drive about 3 feet away. Just not enough grunt to safely try and make a pass in the end. 

5 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Well done everyone! You all look very good from the back. :eyebrows:

@McSpeed you did a great job as host as always.

If I had one small request, it would be this: for next time would it be possible to trim the session length back a tiny bit? Two and a half hours is a long time in the saddle.

(What I'm actually saying is it's a long time to be tying up the living room - my girlfriend's patience was running thin by about the 90-minute mark, and at 2 hours there was still an entire race to run!)

Maybe, since the cars and tracks are planned in advance, we could get away with less free practice on the night? I'm sure on some of the circuits last night, there was time for 10 laps of FP before a 10-lap race.

Or if everyone else is happy with the session length then I'll be quiet of course :)

That was longer than last week, by lap 5 at that last race I was flagging somewhat. I think if you're going to do GR3's of that nature, three tracks is plenty with two sprint races and one endurance with pit stops and tyres.

If we do the inaugural 'Rllmuk Goodwood Revival' next week then I think that will trim the times down with the option of a 4th race if people want to stay on?

• Upvote 1

It's all just a bit of fun. If some want to do just 3 races then that is fine, but if others want to do more then that is also fine!

Personally I enjoyed the session length, felt just right to me. We don't always have a lobby like that (a month or so ago we did some nights with just 3 of us!) so when we do I am happy to keep on racing. 8-)

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, mexos said:

It's all just a bit of fun. If some want to do just 3 races then that is fine, but if others want to do more then that is also fine!

Personally I enjoyed the session length, felt just right to me. We don't always have a lobby like that (a month or so ago we did some nights with just 3 of us!) so when we do I am happy to keep on racing. 8-)

Just too fast for my liking! I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury turds on a frozen pond!! I'd do a fastest lap, glance at the fastest lap of the race and just think 'holy shit'

Yeah I have to agree last night was tough and I was on a pad.   @wingy01 called me after to say he was knackered after all that on the wheel! :lol:

I see what you are saying about you could only do 3 racers or so but when lobbies are that full and racing that good you want to stick it out until the end 8-)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, marsh said:

Le mans in the GR3's after the Goodwood Revival?

Or LeMans in LMP1... :ph34r:

Either would be epic - needs to be the fuel and tyres race for sure!

Yep, looking forward to that. But what pre-1975 car do you go for.....:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, mexos said:

Or LeMans in LMP1... :ph34r:

Either would be epic - needs to be the fuel and tyres race for sure!

Aye, got to be fuel and tyres. B enice to wheel out that Gulf liveried Aston, even if it's dog slow!

Oh yes! I love sticking to one circuit, makes for closer racing as everyone has time to learn it properly.

Also would love a multi-class like @Jashin suggests. I need to work out a better way to see what's going on around me still (I refuse chase cam though!)

A split field for Le Mans would be amazing if it's possible?

• Upvote 1

Oh that reminds me. Advice please. I'm not very good at getting out of the way under blue flags. I was lapped in the long race last night and every time someone was behind me I didn't quite know what to do and ended up running wide / falling off the circuit etc. (Most embarrassingly of all, while trying to stay clear of faster cars I missed the pit lane entry and ended up getting in EVERYONE'S way while I tried to back up - I had only 0.1 laps of fuel so I couldn't see any alternative).

What's the best way to manage it? Other than "git gud" obviously :)

Use of indicators, but you have to make sure everyone knows how to read it....soi f you indicate left I'd assume approaching that you want me to pass on the left. Some would of course read it that you were about to turn left which is where the problems start.