rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

1 minute ago, Varnsen said:

btw, we racing tonight? weirdly, i don't have any plans....for any nights tbh.

HMM LET ME CHECK MY SCHEDULE. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Which one?

I just tried the full circuit. 

i did also try Sardegna but it was naaaaasty. 

Just now, Varnsen said:

btw, we racing tonight? weirdly, i don't have any plans....for any nights tbh.

We are! We're doing the inaugural Mazda Roadster Touring Car Cup tonight, starting at 8PM UK time :)

Roll calling: @Varnsen @marsh @mexos @PeteBrant @Parappa @Jashin @Batmobile

@Beezer@GwiDan@Batmobile@scoobysi@wev@PDogg@max renn@MattKB@T4RG4@fretnoise@beenabadbunny@grindmouse@Varnsen@Marvin Morris@Darwock@Junker@Meatball@Throbin Hood@ryodi@Sun Tze@Jashin

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, mexos said:

I just tried the full circuit. 

i did also try Sardegna but it was naaaaasty. 

Willow Springs Big Willow has the long straights but also the winding bits on the hill which are quite good with the Mazda I reckon.

Horse Thief Mile could be too tight even for this car. (It's just doable in a N100.)

Streets Of Willow could be fun tough.

As for Sardegna: which one? :)

One of the smaller versions. Can't remember which. Felt too wide, no sensation of speed imo.

@McSpeed suspect you might have to send the room ID out again tonight, the servers were struggling all over the weekend from what I can gather. I will of course be in attendance, are these Mazda's full power or just the regular? I'll pick accordingly in advance and find a suitable livery from the 'lite' version.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, marsh said:

@McSpeed suspect you might have to send the room ID out again tonight, the servers were struggling all over the weekend from what I can gather. I will of course be in attendance, are these Mazda's full power or just the regular? I'll pick accordingly in advance and find a suitable livery from the 'lite' version.

Good to know, will send out the room ID tonight from 8PM UK on.

We will be racing stock Mazda Roadster Touring Cars, so no power of weight upgrades. (And no BoP either.)

And by all means get your cool liveries out for tonight :)

• Upvote 1

The first option - Nurburgring Nordschleife.

I tried the tourist layout and totally forgot about the CONCRETE WALL in the middle of the straight. I've bloody been there too!  :facepalm:

Well you're miles faster than me at the Nordschleife. Did a couple of laps on my 'home' lunch break and i'm a full 12 seconds off the pace! 

But it doesn't matter because you're right, the car feels amazing on that track! 

So from the recent posts I gather we should determine a set order of tracks to race on? Cheers to Mexos for doing some testing to get a feeling for the car/track combo's :hat:

How about these:

-Brands Hatch GP

-Tsukuba

-Willow Springs Big Willow

-Nordschleife

We could additionally throw in (or replace one of above with) Bathurst, though I'd say we'll really have start on time for this to work.

Also, would you prefer to have fuel and tyres on or off? :) Off might make the racing closer, of course - but given we're doing a mini championship I sort of feel pitstops belong in the mix.

• Upvote 1

I should be there - I may have someone else who wants to join but I will see if there is room first.

6 hours ago, McSpeed said:

And by all means get your cool liveries out for tonight :)

I have a new livery :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Maybe one of the races with pit stops etc - the rest sprint racers? Otherwise 4 racers may take up some time?

12 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Maybe one of the races with pit stops etc - the rest sprint racers? Otherwise 4 racers may take up some time?

Yeah that makes sense. 

Certainly was - what can you use to embed pictures on here?  this will do for now.

• Upvote 2

Right, I’m going to dust off my wheel and drag it out of the garage and re-sub to PSN so I can join in. Need a laugh now we’re in lockdown more than ever. Doing one make championships sounds ace, especially on shorter tracks in not too fast cars as it keeps it close. 

• Upvote 4

If you can get past @mexos going over the mountain at bathurst without laughing your bollocks off, you're doing well.

Great choice for the car, and a solid choice of circuits. In light of what is going on in the world right now, it was a beacon of much needed relief.

• Upvote 4

Moving forward, it'd be really helpful if the choice of cars and circuit could be decided and announced well in advance so that I can make sure I have the right car / can practice :D

• Upvote 2

Yeah that would be cool. I'd love to to be GR3... :wub:  Since I had the rig out again i had a quick blast on Laguna in an Aston GR3. Wow, you forget how fast and good they are. 

If I were to propose some tracks they would be fast flowing tracks that cold use the GR3's grip and speed:

Laguna Seca

Spa

Nurburgring GP

Barcelona

Great fun last night everyone. Sorry I had to leave before the last race - had stuff to do and four races in a row was one more than I could really justify.

Because I'm not very good I tend to spend these whole things plodding around at the back on my own. I feel like George Russell must feel, except in his case he's got the talent without the machinery and for me it's the inverse :lol:

I wish we could do custom grids. In a championship to be able to do points for qually then run reverse grids would be amazing.

Bathurst in the dark/at sunset is spectacular. Bummed i missed it. Should be back next week. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mexos said:

I wish we could do custom grids. In a championship to be able to do points for qually then run reverse grids would be amazing.

I think that can be done, it would be a bit of work for the host though...

Just now, Sun Tze said:

Bathurst in the dark/at sunset is spectacular. Bummed i missed it. Should be back next week. 

It is until you see Noel Edmonds face gurning at you from the back of Mazda as it looms from the darkness!

• Upvote 3

Many thanks for a great turn-out last night (up to 14 people in the lobby for the first race - a new record I think!), and even better races :D

The final results after the rllmuk GT Sport Mazda Roadster Touring Car Cup:

1707572905_Aantekening2020-03-24113928.png.f0b78e2ca3113eaf08026b6a5845db6b.png

Congratulations to @Varnsen as the skillful winner of last night's cup! It was a very close fight with @marsh - not to mention Pim's contention (despite a vulnerable showing at Tsukuba) if he could've stayed with us for more races.

2 hours ago, Jashin said:

Moving forward, it'd be really helpful if the choice of cars and circuit could be decided and announced well in advance so that I can make sure I have the right car / can practice :D

Maybe we should do that, like in the past. Then again: not having people practice in advance does make for close racing.

Then again then again, most people have plenty of time to practice anyway now :)

44 minutes ago, mexos said:

Yeah that would be cool. I'd love to to be GR3... :wub:  Since I had the rig out again i had a quick blast on Laguna in an Aston GR3. Wow, you forget how fast and good they are. 

If I were to propose some tracks they would be fast flowing tracks that cold use the GR3's grip and speed:

Laguna Seca

Spa

Nurburgring GP

Barcelona

How about doing a Gr. 3 cup next week then? :)

Though in fairness, I find this combination of tracks a tiny bit dull - maybe replace 1 or 2 with different (fantasy) tracks?

• Upvote 4

Nice one :)

Maybe go to a longer track designator to disambiguate between (for example) race 1, BH = Brands Hatch GP and race 4, BH = Mount Panorama Bathurst?

2 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Nice one :)

Maybe go to a longer track designator to disambiguate between (for example) race 1, BH = Brands Hatch GP and race 4, BH = Mount Panorama Bathurst?

Yeah I whipped this one up quite quickly for now, but will use different designators for the next ones :)

:omg:

:sealclap:

Superb, that penalty I didn't scrub at Bathurst while laughing my nuts off at Mexos! For reasons I'm not quite sure of I thought I was on pole for Bathurst, congrats to @Varnsen I was looking at the results last night and thinking that it must be a really tight.

I think if it's GR3's then you've only got to drop Dragon Trail in there at the expense of say Barcelona or Laguna and it's a winning line up? Or possibly slot in Suzuka?

Great turn out, really enjoyed it. Thanks again to @McSpeed not only for hosting but some decent battles trackside too.

• Upvote 1