rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

I'll see what I can do, got a very busy day  doomsday prepping today :lol:

• Upvote 1

@McSpeed may I suggest a warm of MX5's followed by a porsche supercup event and then into the GR3's?

• Upvote 1

I was thinking, if we do smaller cars can we try and limit them to smaller ish circuits. When we do MX5 around somewhere like Brands it's good fun. Around a HUEG wide circuit with long straights like Fuji it's a bit:

340?cb=20090720220816

80c.png

:blush:

• Upvote 5

yeah like Tsukuba or something or even Brands Indie and so on. good suggestions.

• Upvote 1

MX5's at Goodwood or any of the suggestions mentioned to be fair.

• Upvote 1

Will try and make it tonight but can't promise.

Bit out of practice (combination of life getting in the way, plus I've been spending what gaming time I do have chasing the platinum trophy in Defense Grid 2!) but it'd be good to get back in the saddle.

• Upvote 1

Guys I’m confused, why is there no race report on motorsport.com of the premier racing event this evening?

• Upvote 5

I had a lot of fun in the Mazda round Goodwood, that and the Datsun are probably my favourite cars in the game. That Ferrari I went with before I had to bail suddenly was an absolute fucking liability, great fun through the chicane but everything else it's brakes either wouldn't work or it'd spin you into going backwards through the corner or it would snap on you, how many people did it kill in the real world?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, wev said:

how many people did it kill in the real world?

Not many, of a ferrari era where you'd probably get pissed off trying to start it and go for a walk instead.

• Upvote 2

Only managed the one race last night (911 at Dragon's Trail) and didn't exactly set the world on fire but it was fun. Well done everyone.

I was very unpopular with my partner because the shopping arrived during lap 4 and I didn't quit out to come and help bring it in.

Also had a few offs because the dog wouldn't leave the cat alone and I had to step away from the screen mid-race, to try and calm them down. He doesn't want to eat the cat, he is just very insistent on being friends, and the cat's a bit more standoffish.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to some more soon. Do please keep inviting me. I may even manage to find my mic.

• Upvote 4

That was GREAT. Thanks to all for a fun evening of good racing. I am rusty as hell! I need to get some laps in before next time. 8-)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, wev said:

I had a lot of fun in the Mazda round Goodwood, that and the Datsun are probably my favourite cars in the game. That Ferrari I went with before I had to bail suddenly was an absolute fucking liability, great fun through the chicane but everything else it's brakes either wouldn't work or it'd spin you into going backwards through the corner or it would snap on you, how many people did it kill in the real world?

Sounded good though 

Did someone get the full Goodwood race? - Would be nice to see my 'slight' contact with the barrier on the final chicane :lol:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that last night! 't Was great to have 13 people in the lobby again and duke it out in a number of amazing races :D 

First eventful first lap of that here:

And a very tight last lap battle between me and countrymate Ivo:

Just now, Parappa said:

Did someone get the full Goodwood race? - Would be nice to see my 'slight' contact with the barrier on the final chicane :lol:

I can upload the full replay of Goodwood in-game later.

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

I got it too, though I figure most of the action was behind me.... 8-)

Didn't even use my 'cock on the bonnet' mx5 either. Possibly a good choice for short race championships?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Thanks for that last night! 't Was great to have 13 people in the lobby again and duke it out in a number of amazing races :D 

First eventful first lap of that here:

And a very tight last lap battle between me and countrymate Ivo:

I've shared those on Twitter (and tagged you in), hope you don't mind, maybe it'll give our Mondays a bit of a signal boost

• Upvote 1

Aw man with all this sitting in the house I'm going to start busting out some liveries.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

if I can I'll clip that bit for you! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marsh said:

I got it too, though I figure most of the action was behind me.... 8-)

Didn't even use my 'cock on the bonnet' mx5 either. Possibly a good choice for short race championships?

Oh yes, I figure the Roadster Touring Car would be well suited to do a championship! Who would be up for that?

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Aw man with all this sitting in the house I'm going to start busting out some liveries.

Go for it. How about doing some for those Mazda's?

I see you and I raise you... How about a feature race and a sprint race. 

Mazdas and GR3s? Hell we could even do the reverse grid from race 1 to 2. Flip a coin at the start of each evenings racing to decide which to race first for added lols.

I can deffo get on the liveries for the Mazda! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, mexos said:

I see you and I raise you... How about a feature race and a sprint race. 

Mazdas and GR3s? Hell we could even do the reverse grid from race 1 to 2. Flip a coin at the start of each evenings racing to decide which to race first for added lols.

I can deffo get on the liveries for the Mazda! 

Now that's a beautiful thing right there.

• Upvote 1

I liked the suggestion of a one night championship that someone came up with last night, four races in one car (be it the same grid or a mixed grid) the overall winner takes the championship till the following week (and gets to decide the class/car and circuits?)

• Upvote 2

Yeah, that’s a good idea. I’ve not played an awful lot of GT Sport and the changes in cars / classes are difficult to cope with. I also think that the MX-5s are great and really suit a short circuit like Goodwood.

• Upvote 1