rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

Excellent racing tonight chaps - thanks :)

I must admit I was a bit dubious about Le Mans after setting a qualifying time half a minute off the pace, but the race was excellent. @Batmobile, that Sauber is a thing of wonder :D

Didn't feel it last night and it showed. Good thing about the S2000 is that even when you lose it you can keep it sliding in the right direction. Still having many problems with the sweeping right hander on Brands Hatch and the right hander after the second chicane on Monza. Less livery doodles and more practise is needed. Highlight was a near perfect third lap on Le Mans and not losing any more time on the lead pack. Scariest moment was leading on the first lap entering the long straight and checking my mirror. Six hungry LMP monsters right on my bumper and a group C car that shot past me like i was standing still. Amazing. 

Cheers for hosting Pete and thanks for the races everyone. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Excellent racing tonight chaps - thanks :)

I must admit I was a bit dubious about Le Mans after setting a qualifying time half a minute off the pace, but the race was excellent. @Batmobile, that Sauber is a thing of wonder :D

Great fun as usual, the S2000 around Goodwood was very enjoyable.

Had a good last lap battle with @PeteBrant around Monza, don't suppose anybody saved the replay?

I hadn't noticed that everyone was running LMPs around Lemans until the starting grid, had a bit of an unfair advantage down the Mulsanne straights in the Sauber C9 :D 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Batmobile said:

Had a good last lap battle with @PeteBrant around Monza, don't suppose anybody saved the replay?

I hadn't noticed that everyone was running LMPs around Lemans until the starting grid, had a bit of an unfair advantage down the Mulsanne straights in the Sauber C9 :D 

Hask was runnning the Mazda 787 so you weren't alone. To be fair I don;t think we said Group C or or LMPs either way. But I really enjoyed racing them around Circuit dea Sarthe again. They are just awesme machines and when you have something that savage, you need to concentrate all the way round that magnificent track

Yeah was  a great race around Monza. I didnt save the replay though :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

I had an absolute shocker last night, but my rocket start from the back to the front at Le Mans made me laugh!

• Upvote 1

Just now, GwiDan said:

I had an absolute shocker last night, but my rocket start from the back to the front at Le Mans made me laugh!

Ha, yeah, I though ooh i have a pretty good start, and then this rocket ship came past me on the right

• Upvote 1

I'll be back next week, was busy celebrating the return of the kids to school which is a long standing tradition in our household.

That and toppling @Junker in the rain at the ring was enough for one day.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, marsh said:

I'll be back next week, was busy celebrating the return of the kids to school which is a long standing tradition in our household.

Having a really hard time figuring this one out :sherlock:

Sitting at my desk and i suddenly remember these LMP cars have a boost/ overtake button. Totally forgot about that last night :doh: 

2 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Sitting at my desk and i suddenly remember these LMP cars have a boost/ overtake button. Totally forgot about that last night :doh: 

Wait, do they?

17 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Wait, do they?

There's no way anybody could have overtaken me without it...... :lol:

I'm 90 % sure they do but could be just the formula cars (starting to doubt now) 

12 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

There's no way anybody could have overtaken me without it...... :lol:

I'm 90 % sure they do but could be just the formula cars (starting to doubt now) 

Nope, just the Super Formula's.

Could be nice though, especially considering the modern LMP's are hybrids - so the overtake / electric boost button would be quite fitting there :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Batmobile said:

I've got the Monza replay.  It shows me monumentally screwing up the start from pole. and then cutting across Hask_NL as he tried to follow @PeteBrant through at the 1st chicane...  I'll carefully avoid those bits and post it somewhere :)

The C9 was amazing.  I could almost hear the jaws theme as you hunted me down :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

I've got the Monza replay.  It shows me monumentally screwing up the start from pole. and then cutting across Hask_NL as he tried to follow @PeteBrant through at the 1st chicane...  I'll carefully avoid those bits and post it somewhere :)

The C9 was amazing.  I could almost hear the jaws theme as you hunted me down :)

You can share replays to your library for others to download

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wev said:

You can share replays to your library for others to download

Ahh yes, of course - I'll do it later tonight.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Nope, just the Super Formula's.

Could be nice though, especially considering the modern LMP's are hybrids - so the overtake / electric boost button would be quite fitting there :)

Thanks for the correction and clarifying that quickly Joe! 

Last nights Le Mans race had me fantasising about a multi class endurance race a bit. Maybe 1-2 hrs with the faster guys in LMP's and the slower guys in gt3 cars ? Probably need more participants to prevent boredom for those who can race the fast cars with minimal effort though...

• Upvote 3

Just now, Sun Tze said:

Thanks for the correction and clarifying that quickly Joe! 

Last nights Le Mans race had me fantasising about a multi class endurance race a bit. Maybe 1-2 hrs with the faster guys in LMP's and the slower guys in gt3 cars ? Probably need more participants to prevent boredom for those who can race the fast cars with minimal effort though...

I like this idea!

Qualifying one week, race the following.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, marsh said:

That and toppling @Junker in the rain at the ring was enough for one day.

Fair play. I was going to have another crack at it tonight but I’m way too tired. I think you posted that a 1:06 was possible and on the splits it tells me I can get to a 1:06.5 but for the life of me I just couldn’t put it together on Saturday.

i think that Time Trial ends tonight I’d anyone fancies a last crack at it. I’ll post leaderboards tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Finally Autopolis in the Gr.2 monsters. Gutted I never got chance at that as I quite enjoy Autopolis

242922D8-92FB-4B26-90CE-7E830F7DEE4B.jpeg

I’m pretending forever that everyone had a go and you just cropped the list too short. 

• Upvote 1

:lol:

I like it.  I think it felt particularly good when you managed to link up the tight corners at Sardegna as it just seems to grip forever (if you get the entry speed right).

Anyway - looks like the slightly underwhelming Huracán is where it's at this week...

12 hours ago, Junker said:

Fair play. I was going to have another crack at it tonight but I’m way too tired. I think you posted that a 1:06 was possible and on the splits it tells me I can get to a 1:06.5 but for the life of me I just couldn’t put it together on Saturday.

i think that Time Trial ends tonight I’d anyone fancies a last crack at it. I’ll post leaderboards tomorrow 

Yep, 1.06 is possible but I found I'd just bleed away time going through the first turn and if not there then come the last sector I'd foul that up too.

I do think a wheel in the wet would make a huge difference, I say that as I think it would let you know a bit sooner when you are losing traction and sawing away at the wheel is likely to yield some time.

Thanks for uploading @fretnoise, personally want to forget Monza ever happened :blush: but luckily some of you had some nice close racing.

For Le Mans, i randomly picked the older Audi R18 from my garage and was surprised how much easier it was to handle compared to the Peugeot 908 i drove in Circuit Experience. Didn't stop me from missing my braking points unfortunately.... From what i saw @PeteBrant handled the 908 pretty much like it was his daily driver for all four laps. Kudos. Haven't driven any others in the class yet so couldn't really gauge the level of heroics going on but imagine the old Mazda and Sauber have their quirks... From lap 3 onwards gaps seemed to stop growing which make all the early cock ups a bit extra painful. Really enjoyed it though ! 

• Upvote 2