rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

I had fun, regardless of the rally debacle, although I was quite impressed we all managed to be on roughly the same bit of track for the majority of the race (not to mention facing roughly the right direction) :)

Not sure what was happening at Goodwood - was there some kind of black hole off the side of the fast chicane that kept dragging you off, @McSpeed? :)

I had to go and buy another M3 for the first race as it seems I've tuned the one I already had and couldn't figure out how to make it legal quickly.

I really liked the idea of doing a race on a familiar track - one that was in the previous week's daily races - in a different class.  This week's desert track (race b) in minis or something would be fun...

Oh and a final note - the motor of the FFB wheel I could hear in the background sounds a lot my dog's bark if she happened to be shut in a cupboard somewhere.  She was on the sofa next to me though, but I did have to keep checking! :)

• Upvote 3

5 quite lovely new cars :) That Mazda Cup Car especially should very much suit our Monday nights!

• Upvote 4

The Mazda and the Porsche are definetly the sort of thing that I normally enjoy racing in.

• Upvote 1

Picked this up in the sale. Haven’t played a GT since GT2, or a racing game since MK8 - I look forward to getting stuck in and maybe losing to all of you on a Monday.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Picked this up in the sale. Haven’t played a GT since GT2, or a racing game since MK8 - I look forward to getting stuck in and maybe losing to all of you on a Monday.

Welcome to the racing club! :) What's your PSN username?

I really need to get back into this so I am going to clean up the games room tonight and setup the wheel again (hopefully it works!) See you next Monday and I will be up for the time trails as well.

• Upvote 3

4. Sport Mode
 - 'Time Trial' has been added to 'Sport' mode. Various events will be hosted within the Time Trial section. 

6. Lobby
 - Added "Practice/Qualifier/Race" and "Practice/Qualifier/Endurance Race" in the Room Mode of Basic Settings. When these room modes are selected, a Qualifying Time Trial will be held before races. "Qualifier Settings" will also appear within the Event Settings. (After completing the Qualifier, the game will automatically transition to the race screen.)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beezer said:

4. Sport Mode
 - 'Time Trial' has been added to 'Sport' mode. Various events will be hosted within the Time Trial section. 

6. Lobby
 - Added "Practice/Qualifier/Race" and "Practice/Qualifier/Endurance Race" in the Room Mode of Basic Settings. When these room modes are selected, a Qualifying Time Trial will be held before races. "Qualifier Settings" will also appear within the Event Settings. (After completing the Qualifier, the game will automatically transition to the race screen.)

A dedicated Time Trial mode in Sport Mode, that is good news.

Sorry I wasn't able to join in on Monday, my 1 year old Daughter decided it would be fun to stab her finger in my eye,  promptly screwing my vision up for the last few days!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, McSpeed said:

5 quite lovely new cars :) That Mazda Cup Car especially should very much suit our Monday nights!

I used to obsess over that Porsche when I was a little un, looks lovely doesn’t  it?

• Upvote 1

I’ve set you all a starter target time on the ring with the Porsche. Really fun to drive once it clicks.

• Upvote 1

The game’s a looker, eh? I got destroyed in my first few Arcade runs. Although my memory of GT was being buried until you unlock the Skyline, and the game becomes a cake walk.

Any original GT / GT2 tracks made it into the game? And any tips for starting out or just work through the campaign?

• Upvote 1

On 29/07/2019 at 23:37, GwiDan said:

Let’s never speak of that again :lol:

On 30/07/2019 at 08:24, Beezer said:

@beenabadbunny don’t let last night put you off!

Well, we hardly ever touch the rally tracks while I quite like them (just getting drifts right is really satisfying). I asked whether you were okay with it! ;)

But far enough, we won't do that again. (For the next couple of months...)

On 30/07/2019 at 13:52, fretnoise said:

I had fun, regardless of the rally debacle, although I was quite impressed we all managed to be on roughly the same bit of track for the majority of the race (not to mention facing roughly the right direction) :)

Not sure what was happening at Goodwood - was there some kind of black hole off the side of the fast chicane that kept dragging you off, @McSpeed? :)

I had to go and buy another M3 for the first race as it seems I've tuned the one I already had and couldn't figure out how to make it legal quickly.

I really liked the idea of doing a race on a familiar track - one that was in the previous week's daily races - in a different class.  This week's desert track (race b) in minis or something would be fun...

I put a straight-cut race transmission and adjusted the ratios a bit (allowed within BoP) in my Honda NSX at Goodwood, which made it lightning quick off the line. Made a couple of silly mistakes however and ended up at the back.

And yeah, we could keep a closer eye on the daily races / time trial and match some of that with our Monday night racing :)

22 hours ago, Beezer said:

6. Lobby

Ooh, that sounds excellent! I think a similar feature was already in place but hardly seemed to work. This looks like a great chance to fix quali to say 10-15 minutes max and automatically progress to the race after that :D

21 hours ago, Batmobile said:

Sorry I wasn't able to join in on Monday, my 1 year old Daughter decided it would be fun to stab her finger in my eye,  promptly screwing my vision up for the last few days!

Ouch, hope your eyesight returns soon!

On the other hand, if that helps us to win more races in GT cars... ;)

2 hours ago, grindmouse said:

The game’s a looker, eh? I got destroyed in my first few Arcade runs. Although my memory of GT was being buried until you unlock the Skyline, and the game becomes a cake walk.

Any original GT / GT2 tracks made it into the game? And any tips for starting out or just work through the campaign?

Yeah, GT Sport is beautiful. And quite a bit different from the old GT games - much more focused on the actual racing, getting the best out of yourself and the car and doing well in online races.

Speaking of which, what's your PSN if you want to join in on the Monday night online forum races? :)

Also, no GT / GT2 tracks in this game I'm afraid. Though Deep Forest and Trial Mountain have been reported to make a return at some point. (Which would be fantastic.)

Oh I'd love Deep Forest and Trial Mountain, plus the longer Special Stage circuit from the first game (route 11?)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wev said:

Oh I'd love Deep Forest and Trial Mountain, plus the longer Special Stage circuit from the first game (route 11?)

With Tokyo Expressway we effectively already have the Special Stage back in, though we should race there more often :) (Image a Super Formula race there!)

Very much for Deep Forest and Trial Mountain though. And would love to see Mid-Field Raceway make a surprise return, too!

@grindmouse

The focus is online and I say embrace this because it is the heart and soul of the game. Sport Mode is great, whilst the campaign is kind of tedious. Sport Mode focuses on 3 races for a whole week, so you can properly learn the tracks and then race at a decent standard. The penalty system, though much criticised, does work well and creates good racing. I would recommend picking a race (maybe race B, based on the current set), and practice until you can lap it consistently. Then jump in. Focus on racing clean and your Sportsmanship Racing (SR).

And join us on Mondays of course!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Beezer said:

I’ve set you all a starter target time on the ring with the Porsche. Really fun to drive once it clicks.

Having just manhandled the 911 Turbo around Nordschleife in this Time Trial, I can confirm this is indeed a nice challenge which turns into a bucket-load of fun quite soon :D

• Upvote 1

Just done a Mission challenge that I didn't realise was 30 laps until I started, my hand and neck now aches!:lol:

I'd have won too if I hadn't have span at the hairpin so had to settle for third.

• Upvote 1

On 01/08/2019 at 22:34, grindmouse said:

Is there a quick summary of how penalties work - for newbies?

edit: found the etiquette videos

The sport mode is the best online racing experience I’ve had in ages and what got me hooked.  For the best racing drive clean and get your SR up to 99 and try and keep it there. 

If you don’t fancy raining just use the qualifying practice to set your best 1 lap time - it’s what we use in this thread for our weekly Time Trial 

3 hours ago, Junker said:

The sport mode is the best online racing experience I’ve had in ages and what got me hooked.  For the best racing drive clean and get your SR up to 99 and try and keep it there. 

If you don’t fancy raining just use the qualifying practice to set your best 1 lap time - it’s what we use in this thread for our weekly Time Trial 

Is the numeric value of SR visible in game? 

But yeah agreed, try not to touch anyone for however long it takes to get an S rating in SR to get the best online racing, well worth it. 

• Upvote 1

Wow. That’s a lot of stats! Why don’t they show it in game?

Certainly proves the point about one bad race making a big dent in your SR rating and taking an age to recover from.

There’s an unofficial GTS companion app (at least there is on iOS that I prefer to that kudos prime website. Pretty useful for tracking dr and sr and looking at laptimes etc

App logo looks like this 

DD070408-C266-43A1-9840-1258EA6B363D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I’m watching the Super GT racing Fuji, and I’d love for us to take those cars out a suitable track. 

6 hours ago, GwiDan said:

I’m watching the Super GT racing Fuji, and I’d love for us to take those cars out a suitable track. 

Good idea for tomorrow! It's been a while since we raced the Gr. 2 cars :)

Time to post the time  trial results before I head to work.

Race A Karts round Tsukuba I really enjoyed the challenge

CD283BD7-4190-4708-990E-8AB68A065870.jpeg