rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

18 hours ago, tyagi said:

@Dudley @fretnoise thanks. I'm not at all fussed if it's "real F1", just that style of car. I wanted to compare the simulation with F1 2018 to see which I enjoyed more.

I might play it to get the credits, but try an online race first.

You'll need to buy it for the online race.

A stonking turnout for the TT across all three events last week. Results as follows:

1647178840_67099381_10156708936612979_3381907392613580800_oA.thumb.jpg.49fe5ca9c552b9def3e503ebb500d518.jpg

Junker takes the GT86 trophy by a whisker, I could have...stayed up very late trying to hit the 2:15's etc.... Just noticed it was in the BRZ as well, which is rather nuts as I, and the rest of the world found the toyota to be much quicker....

67097404_10156708938397979_7066010969096323072_o B.jpg

Race B goes to Scarliley, and a nod to @fretnoise for muscling in on the top three.

67391113_10156708940657979_8275315382730883072_o C.jpg

The Gimp takes top spot at Fuji after he figured out the soft tyres were worth nearly a second a lap! Batmobile certainly set the bar really high all week there, a huge amount of enjoyment chasing that down.

67593644_10156708461347979_3560648383691489280_o Gift.jpg

And my gift car from last night, better than a kick in the nads.

I'm open to options this week, if anyone fancies running the TT for the next fortnight then be my guest, or I can run it till Thursday night and you can have a week off till I get back from my holiday. Was thinking we could have an event on the time trials up to the end of the year and the winner can have a small piece of plastic with their name on it? Points for places as per F1, top 16 results count meaning you could miss a week and it's not the end of the world? start from September in the run up to the end of the year? 

Let me know what you think, would suggest Race A for the shortened TT this week if you want, GR4's at the Nurburgring GP?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, marsh said:

A stonking turnout for the TT across all three events last week. Results as follows:

1647178840_67099381_10156708936612979_3381907392613580800_oA.thumb.jpg.49fe5ca9c552b9def3e503ebb500d518.jpg

Junker takes the GT86 trophy by a whisker, I could have...stayed up very late trying to hit the 2:15's etc.... Just noticed it was in the BRZ as well, which is rather nuts as I, and the rest of the world found the toyota to be much quicker....

67097404_10156708938397979_7066010969096323072_o B.jpg

Race B goes to Scarliley, and a nod to @fretnoise for muscling in on the top three.

67391113_10156708940657979_8275315382730883072_o C.jpg

The Gimp takes top spot at Fuji after he figured out the soft tyres were worth nearly a second a lap! Batmobile certainly set the bar really high all week there, a huge amount of enjoyment chasing that down.

67593644_10156708461347979_3560648383691489280_o Gift.jpg

And my gift car from last night, better than a kick in the nads.

I'm open to options this week, if anyone fancies running the TT for the next fortnight then be my guest, or I can run it till Thursday night and you can have a week off till I get back from my holiday. Was thinking we could have an event on the time trials up to the end of the year and the winner can have a small piece of plastic with their name on it? Points for places as per F1, top 16 results count meaning you could miss a week and it's not the end of the world? start from September in the run up to the end of the year? 

Let me know what you think, would suggest Race A for the shortened TT this week if you want, GR4's at the Nurburgring GP?

I had no idea the Toyota was faster than the Subaru? After dabbling with the super formula car it felt like driving a canal boat...

I’m happy to go with Race A this week, 4 front wheel drive cars to choose from. 

I’ll also run the TT as well, anyone who isn’t my friend add JUNKERDENB on PSN and away we go!!

2 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Hang on, was it possible to change tyres for the SF time on Fuji? :facepalm: :lol:

Errr, I think I did but it didn’t help me! The jump from The other races to that monster was something my brain and reactions couldn’t deal with

Hi all, I'm all set for forum racing again tonight at 8:30 PM UK :)

Bring your classics, Gr. 3's and Super Formula's - and Group C's for good measure!

Will try to get Noble and more involved again, too.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Junker said:

I had no idea the Toyota was faster than the Subaru? After dabbling with the super formula car it felt like driving a canal boat...

I’m happy to go with Race A this week, 4 front wheel drive cars to choose from. 

I’ll also run the TT as well, anyone who isn’t my friend add JUNKERDENB on PSN and away we go!!

Perfect. Much obliged.

I only figured out the tyre thing after I started a couple of online races and the whole grid was on softs and I'd pitched up on mediums....:doh:

Agree it was a huge shock to be going from a car that had yacht like handling to something that can light it's rear wheels up in third gear.

It was after the midnight cutoff, but I eventually got my time on Lago Maggiore to within a tenth of @Varnsen's.  Helped not a jot in the races though as I was suddenly being matched with guys who were not necessarily faster but definitely more aggressive (and seemingly knowledgeable about how to nudge you off line without taking a penalty... grr).

I also did my best to make sure @Dudley got his wooden spoon in the SFs, and pipped him for 2nd to last - again just after the cutoff.  I may be in the minority here but I just can't get on with those cars.  Is it a controller vs wheel thing?

Love the idea of a championship type thing for the TTs, @marsh - much easier to commit to finding an hour or two at some point during the week rather than having to meet up at a particular time, especially when my gaming time is shared with a Fortnite-loving 11 year old...  

• Upvote 1

The SF thing is just an absolute shock in terms of everything it does, brake harder and later, accelerate harder and earlier, let the aero work which requires an enormous amount of trust when compared to everything else in the game that has a minimal impact/effect on how the car works. I'm still using a pad and I maintain that the only way to go faster is to get a wheel (lawn mower after carb fettling is fixed btw :eyebrows:) even then you end up flying in the face of everything I thought I knew about driving a car, trail braking into a corner? that's not something I was told about, but turn one at Fuji gains a pile of time doing this.

We'll do a TT for the end of the year, it's a great way to get faster.

• Upvote 1

Is there a reason we always talk about the superformulas but never the current gen F1 car that’s in the game? Is it just cost?

11 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Is there a reason we always talk about the superformulas but never the current gen F1 car that’s in the game? Is it just cost?

One is an enjoyable on the edge driving experience . The other is like trying to control an angry tiger .

• Upvote 1

I don't own it, and don't see a reason to I guess? wouldn't a dedicated F1 game do that so much better? I honestly don't know the answer to that.

Also I dont think you can change the livery of the Mercedes, but you can the Super Formulas and it's great having a grid full of retro F1 liveries racing against each other.

Correct - though you can stump up another 2 million credits for a version you get to choose the colour of.

I'm fairly sure this and the SF cars are the only ones I've actually gone and bought from the dealerships rather than been given as a daily giveaway.  I don't really like driving either of them :) 

48 minutes ago, Beezer said:

Are we racing tonight?

We are! See:

5 hours ago, McSpeed said:

Hi all, I'm all set for forum racing again tonight at 8:30 PM UK :)

Bring your classics, Gr. 3's and Super Formula's - and Group C's for good measure!

Will try to get Noble and more involved again, too.

4 hours ago, GwiDan said:

I don't mind using the Mercedes F1 car, I own it too. But since it's so expensive (I recall spending a bit of real money to get it) it's perhaps a bit much to ask of everyone to get one.

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Nearly forgot the roll call - for the racing tonight at 8:30 UK time :)

Paging @PeteBrant, @Beezer, @marsh, @GwiDan, @Batmobile, @mexos, @scoobysi, @parrapatheslapper, @wev, @max renn, @MattKB, @T4RG4, @fretnoise, @beenabadbunny and all others!

Just heard Noble will be there too, including a few others friends making cameo's ;)

Sorry I haven’t played much/any GTS for a long time since ACC came out and now F1 2019 too. I need to do a bit of practice and join a future session.

• Upvote 1

Had good fun again tonight, a podium and once again even in my worst races I finished on the same lap as everyone else (although Brands was close!) Even did alright in my Mercedes for the first time ever, until the pit stops then for whatever reason I braked in the wrong spot and just lost control at the exact same point as @GwiDan. That Fuji circuit can fuck off though :lol:

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, wev said:

Had good fun again tonight, a podium and once again even in my worst races I finished on the same lap as everyone else (although Brands was close!) Even did alright in my Mercedes for the first time ever, until the pit stops then for whatever reason I braked in the wrong spot and just lost control at the exact same point as @GwiDan. That Fuji circuit can fuck off though :lol:

Is that why Joe was asking if there was a crash? I went off all on my own!

• Upvote 1

Wow, just wow. Top action tonight, some real battles out there,  and Noble didn't run away with it. Awesome comeback drive from @Batmobile at Fuji too, I'll keep those fastest lap honours mind :eyebrows:

I'll bang some replay action up tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Is that why Joe was asking if there was a crash? I went off all on my own!

Yep, I was a few seconds behind when I made my mistake. Couldn't get it back on the road after wards either (I must have taken reverse off my controls to put the super formula boost button on there!) 

We had a good little fight before the pit stops too. Then you dived in, I stayed out which I think was a mistake on my part as my front tyres were fuuucked

I think my only clean lap around Fuji was the first one in the race, certainly didn't manage it in qualifying :lol: was getting a bit dizzy being in second for that first lap.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, marsh said:

Wow, just wow. Top action tonight, some real battles out there,  and Noble didn't run away with it. Awesome comeback drive from @Batmobile at Fuji too, I'll keep those fastest lap honours mind :eyebrows:

Ooh, does that mean you've got the replay of our Gr. 3 race on Dragon Trail? I forgot to save that and would very much like to show the first lap to some people pretty soon :eyebrows:

49 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Ooh, does that mean you've got the replay of our Gr. 3 race on Dragon Trail? I forgot to save that and would very much like to show the first lap to some people pretty soon :eyebrows:

Yes, I think I did. That and the sf race.

8 hours ago, marsh said:

Yes, I think I did. That and the sf race.

Ah! Could I ask you to share that replay file in the activity feed in-game? That way I can download it and capture the shot I'd like :)

39 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Ah! Could I ask you to share that replay file in the activity feed in-game? That way I can download it and capture the shot I'd like :)

Done.

And for those not certain, there didn't appear to be any contact....?

I did nerf Noble up the backside after that, however him leaving the track appears to be of his own doing.

The fuji race is the sort of thing the FIA need to capture and bottle. I'll post that when it's uploaded as the whole race is an epic thing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, marsh said:

Fuji Race made up for the disaster at Dragon Tail!  I don't know what was going on with my wheel, but about half way through the first lap it felt like the force feedback was switching on and off, made it almost impossible to get around a corner without spinning.  I resorted to restarting the wheel whilst in the pits, and that seemed to sort it, but by then I was over a minute behind the leader.

Enjoyed our little battle for pole position at Fuji, went back and forth a few times between @marsh noble and myself, then we all got wiped out on the first corner of the race :lol:  Close finish at the end with @McSpeed If only I hadn't run out of overtake boost on the final straight  ;) 

• Upvote 1

Yep, that first corner was a disaster. I got an awful start, got round turn 1, watched the track open up before me.......and wallop!

Still, if I'd not pushed quite so hard.....

Enjoy:

I had to go bowling with the family last night so I missed out. :( 

@McSpeed I head off to the land of Germany tomorrow for a sporting event at the weekend! Hope to see you there. Will PM you my deets.

• Upvote 2