IGNORED

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

59 minutes ago, mexos said:

Sounds like we are having a break week then. Nee bother, tbh I'm a bit knackered anyway. 

For next week why don't we all aim to have the cheaper red bull car?

Very much up for that! :D

I decided to grind out some credits the other day and have been able to pick up... :o ...the Eckert's Rod & Custom Mach Forty. :P 

I think I was too sold on the Top Speed rating of 10.0, but it is still fun to throw around.

Race C today is a 19 lap endurance race around Tsukuba in the GTR-17 but the first time I've seen in this game is from a standing start. Which of course meant a huge pileup at the first corner and I got a 5 second penalty after being punted into another car as I slowed for the corner. I'm not a huge fan of the circuit and it's very easy for the GTR-17 understeer in the corners but you can use the lowest fuel setting for the first few laps and make it to the end of the race without needing to refuel and the two short straignts mean the loss of top end speed isn't as much of a disadvantage. 

I'm glad they've finally started to mix up the Race C races. The Daily Race on Friday around BB Speedway with Gr3 cars was just as anarchic as speedway races usually arel but the race settings meant everyone had to stop at least twice which made it a lot more interesting than the usual one stop race you get in Race C. I finished nowhere because I still cannot get to grips with the Broad Bean Speedway.

That Broad Bean Raceway event marked my first return to Sport mode in about 4 months. I was extremely nervous after hearing all the nightmare stories of penalties up the wazoo these days, but I had no issues whatsoever. Started in 16th after skipping qualifying, finished 10th, lightly bumped one or two people by accident but received no SR down and no penalties other than one incident where I pranged the wall by myself.

Came out of it and discovered I had been elevated to an SR rating of S for the first time. Only did one race but it seemed to be way better than it used to be.

Race A in the ‘72 Alpine is fantastic. Great for learning to drive without traction control.

I think the penalty system is very fair and is better now than it has ever been. I’ve done 170 odd races and only very rarely have I been penalised when it wasn’t my fault.

My god this is good. I was doing some of the challenges last night, Interlagos in some grp 3 mazda, 6 laps with a pitstop. Aiming for gold of course and went for a pitstop on the last lap. Huge mistake, couldn't get anywhere near the lead Audi, and the Dodge Viper nailed me on the finish line. 3rd's enough for Silver, but I'm trying for 100% gold. Basically you have to pit on the same lap as the lead Audi or you've got no chance, and even then it'll be RIGHT up your trumpet on the last lap. It's got a decent level of challenge. I'll never make the Tuesday night races such is the hectic schedule of my life :(

1 hour ago, marsh said:

My god this is good. I was doing some of the challenges last night, Interlagos in some grp 3 mazda, 6 laps with a pitstop. Aiming for gold of course and went for a pitstop on the last lap. Huge mistake, couldn't get anywhere near the lead Audi, and the Dodge Viper nailed me on the finish line. 3rd's enough for Silver, but I'm trying for 100% gold. Basically you have to pit on the same lap as the lead Audi or you've got no chance, and even then it'll be RIGHT up your trumpet on the last lap. It's got a decent level of challenge. I'll never make the Tuesday night races such is the hectic schedule of my life :(

It’s my favourite racing game that I’ve played. Wish they’d improve the VR on it now that I’ve bought a headset; I went and bought Dirt Rally last week for my VR fix. 

14 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

It’s my favourite racing game that I’ve played. Wish they’d improve the VR on it now that I’ve bought a headset; I went and bought Dirt Rally last week for my VR fix. 

single player needs a bit of work.

all it seems to do is increase the lap count at high difficulties