IGNORED

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

Had some right twats on this the past couple of nights. Constant barging and being taken out in the corners. I'd say it's newcomers but im S safety rating and A driver rating and being matched with people at equivalent levels, so God knows. Maybe its Xmas drink driving?!

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

So does DR only increase depending on your finishing positions in races because I've been stuck at a D ranking for ages.

Ive just done today's daily race in the Driving Park with the Fittipaldi car. I managed to pick up a time penalty when someone ghosted out of control through my car going through the esses and distracted me so I much I missed my braking point and hit the barrier.

Yeah penalties have really pissed me off in this race today.

Odd question that's been bugging me: in the 'preparing' screen you see while a race loads in, with the graphic of an engine turning, what are all the little plungers clustered around the spark plugs? There are four per cylinder moving in and out, connected to a cam shaft.

I know a little about car engines and I've never seen anything like that before.

Just now, Trumpets said:

Odd question that's been bugging me: in the 'preparing' screen you see while a race loads in, with the graphic of an engine turning, what are all the little plungers clustered around the spark plugs? There are four per cylinder moving in and out, connected to a cam shaft.

I know a little about car engines and I've never seen anything like that before.

Valves?

I don't think so.

Just got home after a xmas holiday and found the 1.10 upgrade waiting. It's lovely, and timely too as until April I will only have the option of connecting by very weak wifi. Connection drops are no good for Sport mode, so I'm making the most of the offline modes until I get a new provider.

This is a big improvement over the old GT5 in AI - in the one make Mazda Roadster there was one guy who was being a bit cheeky and trying to retake the lead several times, plus lots of competitors who were overcooking things and running off. It's not difficult, but it's nothing like the moving obstacles of previous GT games.

The AI in GTS may have always been like this, but I didn't really mess with custom races so I didnt see it until now.

With almost thirty pages of thread, would it be considered bad form to ask a question rather than read through it all?

I'd really like to know if there is a way to disable the GT Sport race number that appears in the new career mode (my guess is it appears in Sport mode and MP online too.) It's a real shame as they spoil most of my liveries with their placement and as I enjoy saving replays for the pictures, I wanted to know if it's possible. I just can't seem to find any info about it.

New to this. Never played GT, except briefly on PS1. Is nobody showing off their livery creations on here?

I just knocked up this on day one. Not the prettiest, but it was only for the starting car. Had fun uploading more vector files since.

image.png.03fa440438ce1ebaa68f13b8ad0d83ef.png

14 hours ago, MeanElf said:

With almost thirty pages of thread, would it be considered bad form to ask a question rather than read through it all?

I'd really like to know if there is a way to disable the GT Sport race number that appears in the new career mode (my guess is it appears in Sport mode and MP online too.) It's a real shame as they spoil most of my liveries with their placement and as I enjoy saving replays for the pictures, I wanted to know if it's possible. I just can't seem to find any info about it.

It's not, and yes it does appear in Sport mode. To be honest it seems like something that should be patched, as the livery editor lets you select a type of background for that number if you want it, but this is not carried over into the game modes.

Well, we seem to have a handful, which is a good start! How about tonight from 8.30pm?

I'll set up a friends only room, so please friend me up if you haven't already (Beezerley on PSN). I've never hosted before, so please bear with me on the set up :)

All are welcome of course, regardless of skill level.

16 hours ago, Beezer said:

Ok. Tonight is off. Please can folks PM me with what day of the week would suit? I have a vague idea that if we have a regular once a week session, then interest might pick up. Very keen to get something going.

I've not done any driving since before Christmas so well up for getting some in.

We used to do the old F1 league on a Tuesday, seemed to be the day of the week most people have free.

Rllmuk race night - Tuesday 16th Jan 8.30pm

All welcome regardless of ability - the more the merrier! Send me a friend request (Beezerley) if you haven't already. I'll start a party and a friends only room called 'Rllmuk'.

Please try to have at least one car from each class in your garage. I'll be turning BoP on to try to keep things even.