Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

I shared this in the game feed, but thought it was worth a comment here:

This is the little straight between the 2nd chicane and Lesmo 1 at Monza.  It's the last lap of an hour long race, and in the picture you can see from 3rd place all the way to 7th.  (Louis, me, @davadvice1, @Corranga and, errrrrm - Baukster I think?).  MNRC is excellent for stuff like this :)

7286842957503661568_0.jpg

On 29/07/2021 at 15:22, fretnoise said:

I shared this in the game feed, but thought it was worth a comment here:

This is the little straight between the 2nd chicane and Lesmo 1 at Monza.  It's the last lap of an hour long race, and in the picture you can see from 3rd place all the way to 7th.  (Louis, me, @davadvice1, @Corranga and, errrrrm - Baukster I think?).  MNRC is excellent for stuff like this :)

7286842957503661568_0.jpg

Thanks for your posts mate, it never entered my mind how close after such a long race too. It was excellent. I was a bit disappointed I span early on and messed it up (I think for @mexos) I'll need to check the replay.

MNRC is excellent 

4 hours ago, mexos said:

So that really fugly Fanatec wheel. Looks like it wasn't a fake...

xr4q05b5sde71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

E6qrO5SWEAAZbcw?format=jpg&name=medium

That is... not pretty.

Well I suppose other rims are available….when Polyphony put out that statement saying the deal with Fanatec was to close the gap between sim and real racing or some such guff, I’m not sure how a wheel with the design ethic of a Fisher Price toy fits in?

Anyway has anyone worked out what the pedals you can see on the side of the box are? Load cells or not?

10 hours ago, Junker said:

Well I suppose other rims are available….when Polyphony put out that statement saying the deal with Fanatec was to close the gap between sim and real racing or some such guff, I’m not sure how a wheel with the design ethic of a Fisher Price toy fits in?

Anyway has anyone worked out what the pedals you can see on the side of the box are? Load cells or not?

I was wrong about the wheel being fake, so pinch of salt, but 2 pedal Fanatec set ups are usually pot based, with the optional 3rd pedal being the load cell. As I said when I thought it was fake, to now, Fanatec stuff is all separate (well, with the exception of a PlayStation rim and base as it’s really the base that’s PlayStation, so a PS rim makes no sense / is just the button covers.

If you bought CSL Elite load cell pedals, you’d get 2 boxes. The 2 pedal set up and a separate load cell brake.

Since this is a bundle, I’m inclined to say it’s entry level / not a load cell. For those like me already in the Fanatec ecosystem, bundles make no sense, and it’s pushed as a console set up, so I expect it to target a (Fanatec) entry level market replacing the old CSL Elite for PS4 (which while it came bundled with pedals, they were simply separate boxes items bundled together). The 1 box and being out in the open perhaps hints at a retail version for high street retailers.

Looking at the new photo, in a positive way, trying to figure out what each control is, I’m puzzled by the 4 things that look a bit like analogue sticks, surrounded by coloured circles. 4 sticks makes no sense. They protrude a bit too much for regular buttons.
They have 2 white marks on the horizontal, but no numbers or even notches around them as you’d expect to indicate the position with a rotator.

Also seems odd they are coloured circles but the sq / circle / trig / cross are white, but I’m looking into it too much now..

I think the almost cone shaped bit is likely a funky switch (a stick that you can press in and also rotate).

Whatever they are, hopefully this all hints at lots of controls for in race options in GT7, and possibly even customisation, especially as the L and R buttons are clearly out of reach.

It’s a shame that the ‘real driving simulator’ doesn’t seem to want to take inspiration from real racing cars for its wheel!

Race C well done @Varnsen.

I spent another hour or so last night trying to beat a 2:01. I went back to the Jag and bettered my time from February but couldn’t put together my optimum. Getting sub 2:01 is no joke, fair play sir.

BC425D0C-1382-4AD6-B3DA-60F30BC7166B.jpeg

Just the two sessions last week, lots of swearing, I'll take third place all day long. Was well over a second up going into the last sector and lost most of it by the time I reached the finish line.

16 hours ago, marsh said:

I wonder if the attenza will remain the weapon of choice at Suzuka following it's recent bopping?

Think it was only for qualifying. Tyre wear in the race would have surely made it a bad choice?

Lobby was full when I went to join* and then when a slot became available you went off on some utterly mental track/car combo or 'full pineapple' as I like to call it.

*I'm not having a lobby broken up for me, part time pete.

Another side-by-side view of mine and Junker's races at Brands Hatch:

https://viewsync.net/watch?v=XdlJ5q_qa1k&t=0.6&v=sNeY5903CkY&t=0&mode=solo

My 2nd attempt at the FIA race was lots of fun last night.  I went from 10th on the grid to 5th after one lap, thanks mostly to people going too deep into the first 2 turns, and then slowly, slowly made my way up to 3rd with the help of some cooperative slipstreaming and bump-drafting with a Lexus.  Slightly sad in the end that the Lexus got caught in a battle after I got into 3rd and we didn't finish line astern.  

7 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Another side-by-side view of mine and Junker's races at Brands Hatch:

https://viewsync.net/watch?v=XdlJ5q_qa1k&t=0.6&v=sNeY5903CkY&t=0&mode=solo

My 2nd attempt at the FIA race was lots of fun last night.  I went from 10th on the grid to 5th after one lap, thanks mostly to people going too deep into the first 2 turns, and then slowly, slowly made my way up to 3rd with the help of some cooperative slipstreaming and bump-drafting with a Lexus.  Slightly sad in the end that the Lexus got caught in a battle after I got into 3rd and we didn't finish line astern.  

Those synced videos are ace, so cool to watch. 
 My FIA experience followed a pattern I’m very familiar with. Jumped into the first slot at 5pm and didn’t practice enough to get up to anywhere near my pace in practice earlier in the week.

Made a pig’s ear of the race but towards the end found a groove. Went again in the second slot and did much better.

For me it was nerve racking and exciting but I’m not sure how much fun the replay is to watch. I made a few places up in the race, had a close miss with a spinning car and then held off a charging pair of cars in the last few laps. 

30 minutes ago, marsh said:

Congrats, not going to lose any sleep over that one, set my lap on monday night and didn't go back for a second helping :coffee:

I miss the days when you @mexos and  @Varnsen would wind each other up on here and get super competitive 

7 minutes ago, Junker said:

I miss the days when you @mexos and  @Varnsen would wind each other up on here and get super competitive 

Checks the dailies.......I think even I could be bothered to put the effort in to do a minute lap at the redbull ring short course. I've slayed many archers, and that game in particular could do with some new maps and less teabagging. I'm game if everyone else is?

41 minutes ago, marsh said:

Checks the dailies.......I think even I could be bothered to put the effort in to do a minute lap at the redbull ring short course. I've slayed many archers, and that game in particular could do with some new maps and less teabagging. I'm game if everyone else is?

Well my next move  I was going to try and tempt you with that one. Bit different !

47 minutes ago, marsh said:

57 minutes ago, Junker said:

All I need to see is some quality shitposting /  a throw down and I'm there! ^_^

15 hours ago, Junker said:

Hey, I’ve found a new toy

https://gtblade.com/junkerdenb

Shows you your daily race time and position on the leaderboard, but more interestingly shows you your average compared to DR ratings, and even better it does it for FIA races so you’ve got a better idea what your pace is for those

I went to look at mine last night and could only see Race A.  Couldn't figure out how to navigate...

And then I saw this:

"Your time must be within the top 5000 for each daily event to appear here."

Oh :(

(To be fair, my usual gaming time has mostly been replaced with watching the little Olympics action the BBC managed to get for the past 2 weeks... Might be more successful this week :))

6 hours ago, Junker said:

ahaha i thought i mainly raged with Marsh but he's put down the controller lately! 

it's on Mexos. 

I need to find a shit 90s tv personality to cover my car in!

19 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

ahaha i thought i mainly raged with Marsh but he's put down the controller lately! 

it's on Mexos. 

I need to find a shit 90s tv personality to cover my car in!

Is that you or the crow talking?

:eyebrows: