Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

@marsh it must have been on hard tyres last time as the number 1 time in EMEA is 2 seconds faster this time. You going to Do a lap on the wheel then see what you can do on the pad, would be interested to see what you get 

2 hours ago, Junker said:

@marsh it must have been on hard tyres last time as the number 1 time in EMEA is 2 seconds faster this time. You going to Do a lap on the wheel then see what you can do on the pad, would be interested to see what you get 

Blimey, that's tempting.....

I can't remember the last time I played on a pad. 

wish I’d got this out sooner but this is a quick glimpse at one of the Christmas races with the liveries we did. Again a big thanks to those who generously donated, we raised £110 for SpecialEffect charity. 

I think in the summer we’ll do another themed one. Maybe an end of Pandemic celebration one and our Dutch friends in MNRC can pick a charity this time.

47 minutes ago, Junker said:

wish I’d got this out sooner but this is a quick glimpse at one of the Christmas races with the liveries we did. Again a big thanks to those who generously donated, we raised £110 for SpecialEffect charity. 

I think in the summer we’ll do another themed one. Maybe an end of Pandemic celebration one and our Dutch friends in MNRC can pick a charity this time.

I love that cut of the race. I go from starting in 9th, to 12th by the first corner exit (I’m already too cautious at turn 1) and by the end of the video I’m 5th!

Pretty sure I feel off and finished much lower, but still :D

The Mx-ma5 look great though!

On 06/01/2021 at 21:01, Junker said:

I got within half a second of my wheel time and gave up. Only one blue sector came up so I think it's safe to ssy there's no way back for me now.

What it does highlight is that my response with a wheel isn't sharp enough, as I find myself able to save more and take bigger liberties with the pad.

Now to hone those skills....

2 articles on Eurogamer have popped up in the last few days, both talking about GT7 in 2021. I know it’s not a guarantee but makes me more optimistic we’ll see it this year

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-08-the-games-were-looking-forward-to-in-2021

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-08-playstation-in-2021-sony-presses-its-advantage-with-a-string-of-big-exclusives

If I was Sony I'd be actively telling polyphony to kick it into November. They'll get a surge in scalpers for PS5's at chrimbo for a second year running.

I may bite the bullet in summer.

How's that laptime in Brazil comming along?

1 hour ago, marsh said:

If I was Sony I'd be actively telling polyphony to kick it into November. They'll get a surge in scalpers for PS5's at chrimbo for a second year running.

I may bite the bullet in summer.

How's that laptime in Brazil comming along?

Not had chance since Wednesday. Hopefully have a go this afternoon. I generally try and get to 1 sec per min lap time off the top 10. Currently 10th is 1:28.4 (:wacko:) so about 1:29.8 is my target. Kudos prime target is 1:30.3 so I’m a tenth off that still. Lots of quick times in the VW on the leaderboard but last time I tried it months ago I hated it almost as much as the Beetle, so I’m hoping I can find another car I can squeeze some time out of.

I think you'll do a 1.29, my optimum is now suggesting a 1.29, but the kudos prime time has been nailed by half a second so I'm quite happy to sit and watch on from the pits....

Done it by a gnat’s knacker. I did do a lap where sector 2 I did it .470 faster than my best, but honestly I’ve got no idea how as I can’t replicate it  Bored now, did about 170 miles this afternoon in various cars trying to do that. 

Ok last weeks time trial leaderboards.

race A round Tokyo.
For me I think Polyphony need to sort the BoP out on Gr4 as Audi TT and RCZ dominate leaderboards and it gets a bit boring

5A56F370-2B64-45F8-9515-BB8237AADD4C.jpeg

14 hours ago, Junker said:

Race C, my obsession for the week. Fastest in the world are low/mid 1:28 and it hurts my brain when I think about how much faster they are.

CCDE12D7-6380-40F3-AC7E-41EF5D64B80C.jpeg

It shouldn't really, they are the finest of margins seperated by the time it takes to count to two.

Enjoyed that, sent my kudos points to 70 for the first time ever.

Great racing last night, Z8s were great for close racing, I’ll pop some stuff on YouTube later. @mexos you were mad quick round Barcelona in the Gr2.

Daily Race A this week in the 240z is drift city and great fun, race B is ok but the hard tyres take some of the fun out it. Race C though is incredible with the high grip of the Super GT cars round Dragon Trail. The Esses are almost maybe flat out, and the death chicane is definitely flat once you calibrate your brain to it. Really good fun just time trialling it as well.

1 hour ago, fretnoise said:

Yes they were :)

7358891755450695688_0.jpg

Haha, look at you with your little Santa costume on still. When I got took out at T1 I went into spectator mode and it looked amazing. You’re run to the line to take the win was a thing of rare beauty

13 hours ago, Junker said:

Great racing last night, Z8s were great for close racing, I’ll pop some stuff on YouTube later. @mexos you were mad quick round Barcelona in the Gr2.

Daily Race A this week in the 240z is drift city and great fun, race B is ok but the hard tyres take some of the fun out it. Race C though is incredible with the high grip of the Super GT cars round Dragon Trail. The Esses are almost maybe flat out, and the death chicane is definitely flat once you calibrate your brain to it. Really good fun just time trialling it as well.

Cataluna in the gr3's is a proper twat. Anything, anything but laps in that bloody peugeot. They need to bop the shit out of it.:mad:

44 minutes ago, marsh said:

Cataluna in the gr3's is a proper twat. Anything, anything but laps in that bloody peugeot. They need to bop the shit out of it.:mad:

I... like it. :eyebrows:

The R8 can do it, but life is too short to drive that shitbox. I’m a few tenths of my pug time in it. Hated driving it!

17 minutes ago, mexos said:

I... like it. :eyebrows:

The R8 can do it, but life is too short to drive that shitbox. I’m a few tenths of my pug time in it. Hated driving it!

The audi's a knob too, I've done well to hustle the 911 round there like I have.

@Varnsen did even better than we all think, turns out that's not even a Z8 ;)

image.png.5a8f52c7e31753f02c3dad1edfabd84b.png

I spent a little too much time playing Race C last night.  I've completely ruined my SR due to the narrow margins at Dragon Trail (from an S down to a B) after only a couple of races with 4 second "collision with another car" penalties.  2 of them were someone dive bombing, me seeing it and taking the corner wide, followed by them basically jumping back on the power and spinning out immediately in front of me :(

On the plus side, I finally got into the 1.27s, though can't quite catch @mexos