Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

Excellent question. IF it's exactly the same build and quality as the wheel that goes in the car it could cost the same as a car.

I am thinking that the design is the same BUT the materials, the internals will all be more consumer spec for the final build. 

So you *could* plug it into the GT3 and it would work - but the teams running the GT3 would have special versions, made of the same spec gear their usual wheels are made of. If they do that I could see them getting the price to about £700 - £800.

Oh and you'll also need a Podium wheelbase. Right now for the Playstation compatible one you can only buy at with their F1 rim (in the yucky blue / yellow). What I want them to do is a bundle with this wheel. I can see that being £2,000. And I'd... probably get it. :ph34r:  

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

Do you guys still do any of the time trials. Want to get some practice in. 

Still using the dailies as a benchmark for Time trialing, found an hour earlier in the porsche at the gp circuit Nurburgring. Pimp and everyone else will spend tomorrow stamping all over it I suspect.

Ah, sorry it's the hill billy in me that just assumes buying a car for a packet of wotsits is feasible all over the country.

I'm incredibly fortunate, even if work demands are taking the piss out of monday nights at the moment.

I’ll go back to posting the previous week’s daily race leaderboards after missing it for a couple.

so first off is race A which was kind of dumb and pointless so guess what? I spent ages trying to get to the top of the leaderboard 649AEAFC-8367-4658-BA4D-EBD5D4492862.thumb.jpeg.aeb7946c309b0353e2d8eaddda8c2e93.jpeg

(It's been a while since I posted this here so let's have another go)

Online forum racing tonight, as every monday from 8PM UK time, in the rllmuk GT Sport Monday Night Racing Club!

Bring your favourite Gr. 4 car to a variety of tracks, including a warm-up lap around Special Stage Route X and Bathurst ^_^

Hey, this is the last weekend of our Xmas livery competition raising funds for Special Effects charity. Due you people’s massive generosity we’ve raised £100 so far. You don’t have to contribute to enter the competition, and you don’t have to crest a livery to donate. 
link to the GoFundMe is here https://gofund.me/06071e77

This week’s Monday Night Race Club will be in the Mazda MX5 Roadster Touring cars with the Xmas liveries if you’ve got them!

7 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

Here’s my* Christmas livery, the ‘Snowman Speedster’:

A8E7D2CC-3559-4012-AB79-F384A665EC2E.thumb.png.004cac4cf0cd4aa4497eabafb8e9eab8.png

*Designed and named by my girlfriend Caroline because I’m totally rubbish at anything visual.

Tell Caroline she smashed it, that’s a work of art

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken part in a few online races this week, really enjoyed the Red Bull Ring. 

I had my first race win, and a second, however I then got moved up a class and I'm now consistently starting 11th-14th and getting whacked off the circuit by one player or another (generally I get the penalty!?) It's an incredible amount of fun, but also quite frustrating when it all goes wrong (which it seems to be, frequently). 

The most frustrating moment was doing qualifying while waiting for my race entry - I was approaching the finish line, about half a car length away, and 1.1s up on my best qualifying time.. and it pulled me into the lobby. A fraction of a second later and I would have started the next race in 5th rather than 15th. :doh:

I really should take more part in the daily races and not just time trialing all the time. Now kicking myself from a few weeks back when my time in the Yaris GR put me 290th, I mean what were the chances of that not being on pole?

Some good times on race A and B this week from forumites, althouh the volume of players posting times in general at the redbull ring is absurd. My 1.30.4 puts me something like just inside the top 10,000 and it's well inside the 3% target time!

12 hours ago, AlexM said:

I've taken part in a few online races this week, really enjoyed the Red Bull Ring. 

I had my first race win, and a second, however I then got moved up a class and I'm now consistently starting 11th-14th and getting whacked off the circuit by one player or another (generally I get the penalty!?) It's an incredible amount of fun, but also quite frustrating when it all goes wrong (which it seems to be, frequently). 

The most frustrating moment was doing qualifying while waiting for my race entry - I was approaching the finish line, about half a car length away, and 1.1s up on my best qualifying time.. and it pulled me into the lobby. A fraction of a second later and I would have started the next race in 5th rather than 15th. :doh:

It kind of does that. Generally the matchmaking is fairly solid. One question though, is you SR at 99? Once it drops it can match you with the axe murderers. 
 If you go back to doing a bit more time trialling and get your quali time a bit better it will move you up the grid.

Failing that just don’t be too precious about your Driver rating and just enjoy yourself. I was for a while as I was obsessed with getting DR A, to the point where it stopped me racing in dailies for fun as I was worried one bad race and I’d be back to B.

If you have a few crap races you drop down then suddenly your on pole and racing for a win. 

It's nothing like that high, I believe my DR is D and SR is C. I'll have a go at a few time trials but I'm not going to obsess over increasing my ratings, I'm having fun and slowly getting better and more consistent, as long as I can improve a few positions every race (for now) I'll take it. 

9 hours ago, AlexM said:

It's nothing like that high, I believe my DR is D and SR is C. I'll have a go at a few time trials but I'm not going to obsess over increasing my ratings, I'm having fun and slowly getting better and more consistent, as long as I can improve a few positions every race (for now) I'll take it. 

That’s the best way to be. 

10 hours ago, Junker said:

That’s the best way to be

Yep. And then you discover kudosprime and it’s all “SR 20 points down?! I barely touched him, and that second bloke rammed me!!!l”

Or is that just me? :)

11 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Yep. And then you discover kudosprime and it’s all “SR 20 points down?! I barely touched him, and that second bloke rammed me!!!l”

Or is that just me? :)

Just you, the only thing I'm looking at is Junkers laptime vs my own vs >3%!

11 hours ago, marsh said:

@Junker do you happen to have an old Interlagos leaderboard for GR3's? I'd quite like to see if there's been any progress from mt days exclusively with the pad...

image.thumb.jpeg.9ea17b6338e4fd522f361ee1f08be0e8.jpeg

i found this from May. Not sure what tyres it was, and also I can’t see you on there?

56 minutes ago, Junker said:

image.thumb.jpeg.9ea17b6338e4fd522f361ee1f08be0e8.jpeg

i found this from May. Not sure what tyres it was, and also I can’t see you on there?

Cool, I would probably have avoided it to be perfectly honest, and with it being on mediums or softs this week (I can't remember) I'd guess my mid 1.31 is actually faster than I could have done with a pad based on the times on there. Probably by something in the region of a second or so. 

The open wheel is a wonderful thing for the GR3's, if only it didn't leave my hands looking like I've been shovelling coal into a steam engine. Will have to get my stranglers gloves out....