Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

@Varnsen I’m the same but I did win one the other week. Not very sophisticated but with limited time I pick a car I like driving, start on the softest tyre, do a couple of laps get an idea of what lap time I can do. I try and judge how many laps I can do on the fuel ratio for that week, and see how bad the tyres are wearing. So for example if I use 20% fuel per lap can I do 5 laps before the tyres wear too much?  

I do a pit stop and see how much time it takes, then try the hardest tyre and do it again but trying to fuel save. I then try and work out if I would save time overall taking into account less pit stops. 
 That’s it really

3 hours ago, fretnoise said:

@Junker here's that madman in a flying Audi from Monday night... :D

spacer.png

Wow. Hitting that stationary Samba Bus last week at 300+ mph made me jump. Didn’t think anything else would. To put it in context you must have overtaken me 20ft in the air and going about 50mph faster. Absolute pro move

8 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Not really... :)  Just a comment that I inadvertently ended up in the same strategy as Mr Noble a race or two back and still finished a good 30 seconds or so behind him.  Tip-toeing round on a set of tyres and taking itty-bitty sips from your fuel seems to suit some people.

I've decided I don't like driving like that so I'm following Junker's lead now, and going all out for qualy-style laps on the softest tyre that'll last a whole fuel load.  On Monday I started doing that on softs, but had barely any red on the tyre wear indicators at the first stop so swapped to Super Softs, and didn't look back.  My first endurance win.  (It is a track that clicks with me though...)

Conversely, I stuck with the softs assuming the super would disintegrate, used the super for my splash and dash stop with 10 minutes to go, found it lasts ok and was 2 seconds a lap quicker and finish 2nd by 3 seconds :doh:

It still feels like a lost victory :lol:

For me, I try to get in 1 or 2 practice races before hand. I set up a 30 minute entrance with 10x tyre wear and low fuel use and see how far they can go, then it’s about finding the fuel / tyre / number of stops trade off with Joe’s settings, no real science to it, just guess work and stopping before I spin / wear the tyres so much I’m dropping 4 seconds a lap

I think trying to keep tabs with Noble is folly. You might get a fastest lap perhaps, but in terms of strategy you end up second guessing. I maintain the only reason I won that race the other week was down to figuring out early on that I could one stop and that short shifting from the second the lights went green. That's a very Noble trait, but how many times have we seen him stick it on pole and then go backwards as he fuel saves on 6 while we all think 'lol loser' only to come out of the last corner a lap down as he's polishing the winners trophy?? 

Anyway, it'll be weeks before I fire it up again. Too busy with stuff I'd rather not be doing :angry:

Hello there, I raced a few weeks ago with some of you guys and it was very fun. and I'd like to join the monday night races. I don't know if I'll be able to join every race but I will try. Fretnoise sent me that I had to join here!

See you guys at the starting line!

PSN ID: MRX_Mafia

17 minutes ago, MRXMafia said:

Hello there, I raced a few weeks ago with some of you guys and it was very fun. and I'd like to join the monday night races. I don't know if I'll be able to join every race but I will try. Fretnoise sent me that I had to join here!

Welcome!

Just to back you up, that was a fun race.  Here's a cool snap I took of us crossing the finishing line :)

7143290655108792848_0.jpg

2 hours ago, MRXMafia said:

Hello! Hope to see you on track next week. 

3 hours ago, MRXMafia said:

Welcome, just added you :)

Ok folks, as discussed after the racing yesterday I’ve had an idea brewing and this is it. MNRC has been amazing for me through this pandemic- its a highlight of my week and I feel very grateful for it. 

I thought we could do a livery competition as a bit of silly fun and use it to raise some money for the charity SpecialEffect who help people with physical disabilities access gaming and the positive benefits it brings.

The GoFundMe page is below. 

basically it’s a Christmas livery competition for the MX-5 Roadster Touring Car. 

Please spread far and wide. People don’t have to enter to donate, full details on the link below

http://gf.me/u/zavmch

The competition is this

Every Monday night a group of us from the UK and Netherlands enjoy online racing in GT Sport - the RLLMUKforum.com Monday Night Race Club.

We are always talking about our set ups - the latest wheel or pedals, and we are all thankful for the fun and friendship we get through gaming.

SpecialEffect puts fun and inclusion back into the lives of people with physical disabilities by helping them to play video games. Using technology ranging from modified controllers to eye-control, we find a way for people of all ages to play to the best of their abilities.

Starting 1/12/2020 is the Rllmuk MNRC Christmas livery competition. 

The entry fee is a donation of your choice. The car is the ever popular Mazda Roadster Touring Car.

The theme is “Christmas” - but this can be anything that Christmas means to you. All liveries should be your own creation but you can obviously use decals and images created by others that are found in the in-game “discovery” section.

To qualify Please Tag them with RLLMUK XMAS 2020 in game and feel free to post them in the GT sport thread on the forum. Closing date is 5pm GMT 20/12/2020.

Judging will be done on Monday Night Race Club 21/12/2020. The winner’s prize will be Christmas spirit, happiness and joy.

Liveries will be used in a special XMAS race.

Do you want to join me in making a difference? I'm raising money in aid of SPECIALEFFECT.ORG.UK LIMITED and every donation will help. Thank you in advance for your contribution to this cause that means so much to me.

More information about SPECIALEFFECT.ORG.UK LIMITED: SpecialEffect is a UK Charity that do not charge for our services, so your donation, large or small, really does count. Thank you!

Typically @McSpeed sets us up with an endurance event one week and the next being a group of shorter races. Typically we get more notice of the track and car combos for the endurance events and less if any for the shorter races. It's nice and mixes it all up. 8-)

Lemans racers usually means the Gr.1 class, and we usually come to an agreement on whether we’re allowing the old Group B cars, the more modern hybrids, the VGTs or a mix of everything.

It’s endurance week next week, which usually means a short warm up race in one of the slower categories followed by about an hour’s race with quite high fuel and tyre multipliers. The Red Bull X2019 has been suggested for next week, though not confirmed yet. (If you don’t have one it might be a good idea to grind some credits and get one :))

Yes I've noticed it and I'll probably be there this monday. Thanks for receiving me with open arms like this! I really appreciate it. If someone wants to race with me in a lobby on other days, you can always send me a message on my PS Messages (ID: MRX-Mafia)

See you Monday at the starting line!

49 minutes ago, Freeman said:

So... turns out the livery editor is a great way to spend an evening! Nice one @Junker

:)
I had great fun creating my MXma-5, though my wife thinks I’m crazy... still needs some finishing touches tomorrow.

What an amazingly well thought out game this is!

Is that an MX5/ Xmas pun because I’m tired and I’m sad I didn’t think of it