Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

19 minutes ago, MrEPotato said:

I just couldn’t do any better for race B! Really wanted to get into the 1:52s 

Don’t know where everyone else was getting there time from! Did win a few races though!

Thanks for uploading the times Junker 

Yeah, top times were mid 1:50. I normally aim for 1 second per minute off the top times, so I was looking for a low 1:52 and ended up a second off that.
A big track with lots of odd corners, cambers and elevation changes means I think it needs a lot of practice to nail a lap as the apexes and racing line aren’t where you might imagine 

15 minutes ago, marsh said:

Noble can be beat, I figured @mexos might have gievn him a run for his money round there?

Think it'll be the green hell for me this week.

Had no time for play in the last few weeks. Tempted by the 'ring. :eyebrows: :unsure: Will have a crack tonight I think.

Regular reminder it’s Monday Night Race Club 8pm UK time tonight and all are welcome.
most weeks recently We’re running 2 lobbies of about 10-12 racers in each so plenty of room, and plenty of skill levels, and new racers are welcomed with open arms.

make sure you’re friends on PSN with @McSpeed and then any of the regulars on this thread.

last Week’s Alpine A110 race, video doesn’t do justice to how damn hard they were to drive

Same here really, but everything we tried on monday night resulted in being booted after about five corners. I can only assume that it's down to the recent update and the arrival of the 'others' from the new console....

Bloody PS5 owners comming over here and stealing our monday nights.

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Same here really, but everything we tried on monday night resulted in being booted after about five corners. I can only assume that it's down to the recent update and the arrival of the 'others' from the new console....

Bloody PS5 owners comming over here and stealing our monday nights.

I managed a few races last night - no problems at all for about 5 or 6 races back to back.  Which was nice :)

(Race B is quite fun - turn 1 has at least 2 distinct lines that makes it a good overtaking point, and the esses can be taken side-by-side which is quite exciting)

Oh and qualifying for Race B is quite close - 5 or 6 of you within a tenth of each other, and then me another tenth behind - great stuff.

2 hours ago, Parappa said:

Just popping back in here as I really miss GT mondays but can't go back to a pad.  If anyone has any PS5 compatible wheels they want rid off please give me a shout.  Anything G29 upwards would be great :D

@marsh is selling his T150 I think, it’s in the Trading thread and he mentioned it on here a few days ago

1 minute ago, Parappa said:

Thanks for this mate but ideally looking for a T300 if going to Thrustmaster as I had a T150 before. Cheers for heads up anyway. 

No drama, I can vouch for it being a very worthy investment.

So I have a question for those who have taken part in the endurance races we do.

I have no idea about pit stop strategy. How to make a strategy. how you work any of it out.

I just turn up on Monday, try and do a fast lap in practice and then watch you strategists disappear off doing half a pit stop in an hour on one tyre whilst I am constantly changing fuel map and trying to work out how many minutes are left versus fuel whilst also discussing why I haven't made dinner with my other half. 

I know Joe changes up the tyre wear/fuel each week but I am just completely out of contention in these endurance races despite being within a tenth or two of pole in a number of events. I did win Interlagos endurance but I think that's cos Noble was harassing Alex Albon at an F1 event in real life somewhere and Pimp hadn't made his Pimpulator Spreadsheet.

Any advice?

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

Any advice?

Not really... :)  Just a comment that I inadvertently ended up in the same strategy as Mr Noble a race or two back and still finished a good 30 seconds or so behind him.  Tip-toeing round on a set of tyres and taking itty-bitty sips from your fuel seems to suit some people.

I've decided I don't like driving like that so I'm following Junker's lead now, and going all out for qualy-style laps on the softest tyre that'll last a whole fuel load.  On Monday I started doing that on softs, but had barely any red on the tyre wear indicators at the first stop so swapped to Super Softs, and didn't look back.  My first endurance win.  (It is a track that clicks with me though...)