Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

Jeez you guys are fast!

I think after two weeks with the wheel, I’ve finally had a lightbulb moment with using no traction control, and the times my lap times are getting quicker and I’m getting more consistent, what a rough, infuriating and rewarding two weeks.

still 3 seconds off sub 1:40 on the Red Bull challenge but getting there.

now just need to get better at laying the power down. 

I'll take that time at the redbull ring, even if it was off the kudos prime target. The level of speed and commitment for that was just beyond me. 

Think I'll be going for Nurbergring GP this week. I may try and eek out a few tenths in the scoob at Tsukba if the time is challenged.

1 hour ago, MrEPotato said:

Jeez you guys are fast!

I think after two weeks with the wheel, I’ve finally had a lightbulb moment with using no traction control, and the times my lap times are getting quicker and I’m getting more consistent, what a rough, infuriating and rewarding two weeks.

still 3 seconds off sub 1:40 on the Red Bull challenge but getting there.

now just need to get better at laying the power down. 

Well done, keep at it!

Fancy joining our group for some online racing tonight? :)

24 minutes ago, marsh said:

Think I'll be going for Nurbergring GP this week. I may try and eek out a few tenths in the scoob at Tsukba if the time is challenged.

GREAT selection of races this week.

Had a quick go at your Tsukba time. That car is naaaaaaasty. May have another shot.  :eyebrows:

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Well done, keep at it!

Fancy joining our group for some online racing tonight? :)

Would love to but I work Monday nights at the moment and finish around 10pm, if we have another lock down I’ll be there.

pretty chuffed Interlagos has turned up this week, one of my favourites 

Top stuff tonight, still lack the required consistency, however, that last race was all sorts of amaze.

Pinched myself that I was griefing Noble, right up to the 60 second warning the tv gave it was about to turn itself off :facepalm:

Yep, excellent fun. So many close races tonight. Loved the Gr1s at Dragon Trail. 

Still red-faced from that last corner lunge at Interlagos, @Junker - sorry about that. In my defence it was less of a lunge and more of a missed braking point and desperate swing to the left to avoid rear ending you, but the result was the same - sorry!

(The game still gave me a clean race bonus though! :D)

50 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Yep, excellent fun. So many close races tonight. Loved the Gr1s at Dragon Trail. 

Still red-faced from that last corner lunge at Interlagos, @Junker - sorry about that. In my defence it was less of a lunge and more of a missed braking point and desperate swing to the left to avoid rear ending you, but the result was the same - sorry!

(The game still gave me a clean race bonus though! :D)

No worries, I realised it was a mistake. You know what the worst of it was? It let @GwiDanwin :doh:

I just want to say thank you to @Freeman @GT3Will and @GwiDan for last night’s  late races. Dan chose settings that would make @McSpeed ashamed but it was so much fun. The special route X in RUFs was probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever done in GT Sport and I’ll share a video in a bit. I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard for ages, I was literally the crying laughing emoji for about 5 mins at the end as I got pitlaned by Will and spun  through the garages and mechanics at about 230mph. 

It was a great chilled out end to a fun night’s racing. 
I think 20 laps of blue moon bay in a crazy Mustang with 35x tyre wear and strong time penalties for wall collisions was my crazy moment, but that pit manoeuvre was so perfectly executed, it was hilarious!

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Goodwood and the mountain in the time trioals this week, what an absolute treat, wheels going to take a hammering what with me on a weeks holiday too!

No mention of your favourite?

Enjoyed the oval race last night, lobby was full so went off to do some time trialing which was good. Got knobbled by Noble due to some outlandish fuel saving in that Dover style turn left fest. Seems I have a skill for being good at all the useless tracks....

Dare I say, I wanted more carnage. I would love love GT7 with like 30 car lobbies, time of day, weather and full damage. 

That said, the Lexus was really terrible everywhere except that first race which from my pov was really boring! All I could hear was everyone else having a great old time! 

Respect to Joe once again for mixing it up. don't think i've ever even see that last track!

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

Respect to Joe once again for mixing it up. don't think i've ever even see that last track!

On that note I have an idea. What is the most annoying track? Obvs (imo) it's:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG40ZpQI_NVn3obWiNKI5

We never play it. And it's looooooooong. So we don't know it. But if we say gave a few weeks notice so we can actually learn it... well it might still suck but GR3s (or something fast ) around here with everyone up to speed might give us something new - in the spirit of trying new things.

2 minutes ago, mexos said:

On that note I have an idea. What is the most annoying track? Obvs (imo) it's:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG40ZpQI_NVn3obWiNKI5

We never play it. And it's looooooooong. So we don't know it. But if we say gave a few weeks notice so we can actually learn it... well it might still suck but GR3s (or something fast ) around here with everyone up to speed might give us something new - in the spirit of trying new things.

Pim did a practice there last week in group c cars, it is a bit tricky as for some unknown reason you just can't learn what corner is comming up next. It's a good crack when you figure it out mind, plenty of very quick corners.

St Croix is pretty neat imo. The daily group 3 race from a year or so ago (nice one PD) was probably my favorite (non MNRC) GTS experience. Don't remember which lay out it used though. 

GR3's or N400-N600 could be very interesting. 

Lots of fun last night, thanks everyone. That tiny oval is just stupid, with the pit in being essentially the same bit of track as the pit out... but lots of fun nonetheless. I realised I could keep a pace with Noble on Engine mode 6 at about half distance, but he was already a couple of laps clear by that point - bah.

I think that was my second ever Monday night win in the second lobby. And yes, the other win was also at Dragon Trail. Last night was gifted to me by a rare mistake from Mr Noble, along with the 911 not needing to stop for fuel and the slipstream settings meaning that the leaders couldn’t break away. I’ll take it though!

And then things got a bit sillier... :D 

559812B9-3D67-41E7-8916-110332C5A878.thumb.jpeg.5c2aca79031a20c607955def06855756.jpeg