Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

I agree but I just worry that given how long they take to do things and there being a perception amongst a lot of gamers that GT Sport was a sort of 'not proper GT' game that GT 7 as a PS5 system seller might shift focus back to the old ways. 

It'd be stupid IMO but I can't help but wonder. They really need to get on with it. Why does it take soooo long!

2 minutes ago, mexos said:

I like the info, the execution not so much. 100% that was a developer not a designer that pushed that placement and design in.

As said: this message can actually be switched off permanently in the settings :) (I've had it like that for ages now.)

It's a useful message though.  Does it flash at the same time as the fuel light comes on in the dash?

8 minutes ago, mexos said:

100% that was a developer

A lazy / time-pushed one at that... the "Lap(s)" is a dead giveaway of something that has a massive // FIXME comment next to it in the code...

Why has no one shouted about the positioning of the lap timer in the default kart cockpit view yet? :quote:

I know how this works. You run out of time and things like this they just.... stay. You have your rollout plan. UI was locked down in sprint 6, we are now into rolling out the last few update packages...aaaaaand thats your lot.

Daily race A with the wheel is great. Lots if swearing, lots of sideways action, and only a whisker away from Junker. Beaten my kudos time in one sitting, roll on the rest of the week.

There are some weird people about.  I was in a few Race B lobbies with the same core group of people last night (must have been a slow night or something).  It was fairly even, and it seemed like we were all doing our best not to take each other out (I had to throw it into the gravel at the hairpin once after missing my braking point, and the others were leaving spaces if someone was along side - that kind of thing).  Post race lobbies were all nice and friendly... except for one guy - who had *just narrowly beaten me* pops up in my messages - not the lobby chat - accusing me of cheating and 'driving the faster car'.  Replied saying yeah, the Hurracan is faster but it's easier to screw up - as I did in the previous race (and it is - it's very keen to throw you into a barrier on acceleration).  "Bullshit" he replies, and then goes offline.  It's a shame, as I swapped to the 911 and had my best result of the evening - would've been better if he'd stuck around...  I just wonder if he was whinging at everybody else privately too?  Weird...

As for the Goodwood F1500-T time trial (this if you missed the chat), well, I'm already half a second up on the fastest time on that leaderboard...  I wonder if they know you can use Super Softs, and chuck loads of downforce on? :)

50 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

As for the Goodwood F1500-T time trial (this if you missed the chat), well, I'm already half a second up on the fastest time on that leaderboard...  I wonder if they know you can use Super Softs, and chuck loads of downforce on? :)

Wasn't going to bother......but now I quite fancy a slice :eyebrows:

Decided i hadn't had enough of the Green Hell and spent some more time on the other TT instead. Watched the top time in the replay, pretty wild ride, not sure if possible to emulate :lol:

Had a ton of fun in Race C this week, let's hope St Croix returns to the dailies soon, preferably with something a bit faster. 

25 minutes ago, Junker said:

Daily Race B was Gr3 on hard tyres round Dragon Trail Seaside through the chicane of death. Again, Mr Noble showing the way. Great turnout on this oneA3669DF6-F711-4294-8D69-E542A0CE44B4.thumb.jpeg.d78f5849fdbb031430d671887cdcf726.jpeg

I almost had it.. got to just over 1.5 tenths then he had another go and yep it’s white flag time. 

3 hours ago, mexos said:

I almost had it.. got to just over 1.5 tenths then he had another go and yep it’s white flag time. 

I thought you might as well. Great time, no idea how you got that VW round it that fast

4 minutes ago, Junker said:

I thought you might as well. Great time, no idea how you got that VW round it that fast

Think I missed your cutoff for that race, ended up behind Batmobile in the Lambo eventually. Plenty of time for me to find around that circuit though. Two of the preferred cars - Toyota and the VW I couldn’t do anything with. 

2 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Think I missed your cutoff for that race, ended up behind Batmobile in the Lambo eventually. Plenty of time for me to find around that circuit though. Two of the preferred cars - Toyota and the VW I couldn’t do anything with. 

Ah sorry, didn’t get chance to check this morning before it changed over to the new week. I was same, tried all sorts and was a second or more off the pace in all of them. Only Lambo worked for me

Enjoyed last night, it's like learning to play the game again having put the pad down and gone cold turkey with it. The frustration is that the speed is there, but the consistency, aside from falling off the road, isn't present yet. I can definately see how using a pad in a sea of wheel users causes a problem, inputs are alot more digital, all or nothing, where a wheel and pedal combo allows you to be alot smoother and fluid.

You can even place a wheel in the mud on the final corner at brands and not end up in the gravel, or at least I think I caught it just once....

Gutted I missed the racing last night - sounds like you had an excellent night again.  My youngest was 5 and the little blighter wanted to do crazy stuff like eat pizza and cake, and play with his new toys (most of which had 4 wheels :))  He normally gets rushed to bed on Monday nights but I thought that was a little harsh on his birthday! :D 

Did pop on for some dailies later though.  Race C is excellent.  Just wish they'd go a bit more "Joe" with the fuel and tyre multipliers.

it were proper good fun last night. Just can't wait for GT7 and bigger lobbies though please Polyphony. 16 people around Dragons Tail in GT3s. Moar please. Much moar. Liking having tyre wear as a kind of default as well. Brands was getting really funny by the end! Shame my game crashed in the last race but watching the new GT Sport Meta being created by Joe was excellent. Deliberate penalty to allow ghosting into turn 3 to overtake Noble. :lol:

Finally cracked and brought a wheel (coming today), I’m sure this has been covered to death but should traction be put to 0 and Abs put to 0 too, currently using weak also what advice apart from practice like a nut would you advise with getting to grips with the wheel? 

leave ABS at default, try to not use traction control if you can. 

Pick a track you already know and have a decent lap time with and then just drive it for an hour on the wheel and don't give up hashtag marsh :P

Agreed - take one of the previous week’s daily races where you set a time and time trial it in the same car, same tyres and BoP on - that’ll give you a decent idea of where you are compared to your pad times.

Don’t go back to the pad!

:) 

(Doing last week’s dailies means you’re on a level playing field regarding any BoP changes that may have come along so you’re not trying to chase a time that’s now much harder or much easier, and the only difference is the wheel)

Thinking I am going to smash round Spa had a disaster yesterday with the grid starts and a lot of aggressive driving on the straights which has knocked my driver rating and safety right down but do love the combo with the G2 cars! I know it will be a painful process but looking forward to the challenge. 

31 minutes ago, MrEPotato said:

Finally cracked and brought a wheel (coming today), I’m sure this has been covered to death but should traction be put to 0 and Abs put to 0 too, currently using weak also what advice apart from practice like a nut would you advise with getting to grips with the wheel? 

Nice! I just sent you a friends request, by all means join our Monday night online racing if you'd like :)

14 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

leave ABS at default, try to not use traction control if you can. 

I've had ABS on Weak for ages. Tried switching it off yesterday to see if I could manage that with the new pedals, but that went horribly wrong so went back to Weak.

How much of a difference is there between Default and Weak? I'd like to think Weak replicates the idea of race ABS, which is more lenient than road car ABS.

With my T150, what are my options wheel wise? I can feel myself on an upgrade path to something a bit more.....er....modern?

I expect the standard response will be to bin it off entirely for something else.