Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

22 minutes ago, Jashin said:

It’s The Le Mans 24h on Saturday. Just saying :)

No Pratt&Miller entries for GTLM is a bitter pill to swallow but yeah, still pretty excited for next weekend. LMP2 battles should be good. 

58 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

I didn't try racing there - it's usually an SR killer with all the barriers, and I was having enough problems with that on Race A...

Didn't race either but TT'ing Tokyo South loop in the gr2's was surprisingly good fun. Also, a lot less tricky then with the Datsun with no downforce/ sports tires :lol:

21 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Didn't race either but TT'ing Tokyo South loop in the gr2's was surprisingly good fun. Also, a lot less tricky then with the Datsun with no downforce/ sports tires :lol:

Will you be racing with us tonight again, too? :)

18 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Will you be racing with us tonight again, too? :)

Actually did some reconnaissance in Pim's lobby yesterday ! Going to take the hachi out for a little spin after dinner (great weather) but should be home in time :)

34 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Actually did some reconnaissance in Pim's lobby yesterday ! Going to take the hachi out for a little spin after dinner (great weather) but should be home in time :)

:o

You have an actual Hachi?!

8 hours ago, Junker said:

I woke up convinced that when PS5 comes out it will be backwards compatible but not cross generational play for GT Sport. Spent a while googling it and am a bit happier as it seems PS4 and PS5 will be able to play together. Made me think about it as @Ry started racing with us recently but then announced he’s flogging his PS4 in readiness for PS5.

I’m getting PS5 I think ( depending on this week’s reveal event not being entirely stupid). I doubt everyone who plays regularly on here and the in the MNRC will though? What are you guys doing? Is this the beginning of the end for the MNRC? 

I’ll be PS5 at launch, or as close as I can get one from Argos (due to vouchers) and plan to use it basically as a ps4 pro (possibly plus Yakuza) though currently at 1080p) assuming that’s what it’ll do. There’s no way they’d split multiplayer over the 2, just as they don’t with the standards and pro consoles, that’d be, well the sort of entirely stupid thing that would stop people buying one.

7 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Me too - most nights are ok for me as I'm dangerously close to middle age, married and with 3 kids and a dog, so rarely have evening plans beyond "eat something and get the kids to bed".  An 8pm start is about perfect for me as it's late enough for the smallest child to be in bed, and early enough to get a decent amount of racing in.

However, just so we're all aware... if we change the day it will mean throwing away my early designs for an MNRC logo... :D

‘Many Nights’ Racing Club ;)

5 hours ago, McSpeed said:

First off, it very much seems like nearly all PS4 games will be backwards compatible on PS5. The question remains whether that also means generation cross-play but I think that's highly likely. 

So I'm rather confident we can continue our GT Sport MNRC with people on both PS4 and PS5 come November :)

Secondly, we'll have to see when GT7 arrives. There's a good chance there's a push for it to be a launch title going on, but there's an equally good chance Yamauchi will not meet that deadline.

We'll have to see what that means for online gameplay but as long as most people are on GT Sport we'll obviously stick to that for our group.

Finally, I don't sell any of my consoles. I respect @Ry's decision of course but hope all/most others will hold on to their PS4's too! Especially since we're cooking up something VERY special for the upcoming weeks :D

Please do come forward with that logo design! Very curious so see it.

I’m also a crazy like Joe and keep all my old consoles, so if Sony do so something entirely stupid, my PS4 will still be around (and I think it supports the NFL Game Pass app, so I’ll shift it into the living room)

I’m much less optimistic than him though, and don’t see any chance of GT7 appearing before probably 2022. The optimist in me is secretly hoping for a GT Sport patch, in the same way MS are doing the with Forza Horizons, and with PSVR working throughout...

Yeah thanks everyone. I started out relatively strong in the GT4 race but I got tired and made a few* too many unforced errors. It takes such concentration to try and keep up when everyone else is that much better than you!

Ended up +3 laps behind the winner, which was not what I'd have hoped for. Fun nonetheless.

I think I need to practise with fuel and tyre deg turned on, as that's something that seems to take me by surprise in these long races. Do you do it by setting up a private lobby? If someone could share some screens of the setup pages I'd appreciate it.

* A lot

1 minute ago, beenabadbunny said:

I think I need to practise with fuel and tyre deg turned on, as that's something that seems to take me by surprise in these long races. Do you do it by setting up a private lobby?

I occasionally just set up a custom race in arcade. You can't go full Joe ( :D ;) ) with the tyre and fuel use. I'd chuck it on x7 for both just to get a feel for it. No pimp-u-like-atron calculators here!

Obligatory pretty pictures from last night. Credit to Joe for choosing the only time of day when Laguna doesn’t look like a lifeless bowl of dust :)

Lap 1, turn 2 (officially) of the warm up race.

CFC7A620-FC56-4C03-A7E9-D1E000A6B878.thumb.jpeg.4a109f054e35ca505c459d805fd59cc9.jpeg

@beenabadbunny leads a gaggle up the hill in the Gr.4 endurance.

3B296864-4B2A-45F2-A83D-32CD6A36A64F.thumb.jpeg.7d8ded85e65e210099a9fc9a50a2e530.jpeg

3 wide into the corkscrew. That’s me, @Jashin and @Varnsen.  Bit of door handle rubbing on the way in, but we all came out pointing the right way, which is something :)

B06C545A-2835-4434-B22B-8E5EC4F3703C.thumb.jpeg.5b7d57937651959cefce4b7eabb8bcb3.jpeg

40 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I think I need to practise with fuel and tyre deg turned on, as that's something that seems to take me by surprise in these long races. Do you do it by setting up a private lobby? If someone could share some screens of the setup pages I'd appreciate it.

That's what I do.  I set it to 'Free Run' and friends only, and then try to "be" Joe when it comes to the settings... Actually, I just go for 5x fuel and tyres, as that means you can get a few laps in to find your rhythm before the tyres start to go off, and then come race day it's easy-ish to apply what you learnt to Joe's settings.  You can also turn BoP on for the lobby so you can't accidentally blast round in a car with it switched off, and invalidate a bunch of testing...

I forgot the 'friends only' bit first time I did this, and got some irate guys whinging about "are you just gonna drive round in circles all night!?".  Well, that's motorsport, so yes!

I nearly forgot... I need to make a special mention to my chief strategist last night (that's the wife), who had me calling out "17 minutes to go, 1 minute 30 laps - how much fuel do I need?? Quick, quick, I'm coming into the pits now!!".

She got it right and my fuel light started flashing as I crossed the line :wub:

1 hour ago, fretnoise said:

I nearly forgot... I need to make a special mention to my chief strategist last night (that's the wife), who had me calling out "17 minutes to go, 1 minute 30 laps - how much fuel do I need?? Quick, quick, I'm coming into the pits now!!".

She got it right and my fuel light started flashing as I crossed the line :wub:

That is true love right there! :D

Same here in a way last night, as my girlfriend felt like having a go at F1 2020 following the last couple of GP's :) She was all over the place at first but insisted on completing nearly a race distance of laps, just to get the fastest possible clean lap in...

1 hour ago, Jashin said:

Is there a fuel consumption per lap reading? It’s really useful in a ACC but I’ve never noticed anything similar in GTS.

There is the prediction on your fuel mix adjuster, which does work well enough for me.

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

Not that I've noticed. I just try to remember to watch the percentage remaining as I cross the start/finish line. It's a pain that you can't see radar mode and the fuel mode screen at the same time.

This is why in endurance races I mainly have the fuel mix selected, only briefly switching to brake balance or the radar when the situation requires it.

Gutted i had to bail at the last moment last night but such is life i guess. Spectacular pics @fretnoise !

18 hours ago, McSpeed said:

Ooh, loving that :) Whereabouts do you live in NL anyway?

Also, you'll love my car and livery of choice tonight.

Hilversum. Regularly drive through Laren for family visits but haven't made the highlight reels yet. Cheeky spotters :lol:

Did anybody upload the replay of the gr4 race ? Curious about that livery now ! 

3 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

Yeah thanks everyone. I started out relatively strong in the GT4 race but I got tired and made a few* too many unforced errors. It takes such concentration to try and keep up when everyone else is that much better than you!

Ended up +3 laps behind the winner, which was not what I'd have hoped for. Fun nonetheless.

* A lot

As others have said, either do a lobby, or arcade mode.  I tend to try to slot in a couple of 30 minute endurance races in arcade / custom race mode. 

I stick it to max 20 cars, start at the back but on a grid, pro level AI, and high penalty for cutting / barrier collisions, and turn the rubber banding catch up mode (is it called boost?) off.

It only lets you go up to 10x on fuel and tyres though, I think online goes further.

From this, I've done half a race, so I know approx how many laps, my pace, how long fuel and tyres will last on that setting, plus 110k credits if I win ;)

2 hours ago, McSpeed said:

spacer.png

But that's a Nissan 200SX ;)

The MX5 NA has a button on the dash that allows you to pop the lights up without turning them on, presumably to change a bulb or whatever.  There was no way you'd ever catch me driving around with them up but not on, staring down that awesome long bonnet to those 2 pods announcing 90s cool as I went.  Our car also never had the loudest straight through exhaust, and there was no way I'd throw on a warmer jacket just so I could pop the hood down on my way to work.  No way at all...

2 hours ago, Jashin said:

Is there a fuel consumption per lap reading? It’s really useful in a ACC but I’ve never noticed anything similar in GTS.

I'm fairly certain it live updates as you drive, so gives a pretty decent idea.  I tend to drive with radar on, then flip to fuel and back as I cross the start/finish line.  You can also see pretty quickly if you want to eek another lap out from 5.7 laps remaining, by lift and coast or reducing the fuel mode for half a lap or whatever.  Just don't look at it straight out of the pits / at the beginning and expect a good prediction, it often flashes up 48 laps or whatever then takes a while to settle.

1 hour ago, Sun Tze said:

Did anybody upload the replay of the gr4 race ?

The wonder of working from home means I just did this during my lunch break - it's shared in game, along with the warm up Roadster race.

4 hours ago, Sun Tze said:

Hilversum. Regularly drive through Laren for family visits but haven't made the highlight reels yet. Cheeky spotters :lol:

Did anybody upload the replay of the gr4 race ? Curious about that livery now ! 

Ooh, I live in Amersfoort (just off the A1) so in case you may be cruising close by sometime - I'd love to see your Hachi in the metal :)

Here's @fretnoise's replay to add by the way: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/replay/2137770/5845699817626403840

3 hours ago, Freeman said:

But that's a Nissan 200SX ;)

The MX5 NA has a button on the dash that allows you to pop the lights up without turning them on, presumably to change a bulb or whatever.  There was no way you'd ever catch me driving around with them up but not on, staring down that awesome long bonnet to those 2 pods announcing 90s cool as I went.  Our car also never had the loudest straight through exhaust, and there was no way I'd throw on a warmer jacket just so I could pop the hood down on my way to work.  No way at all...

:D

I knew that's an Nissan (180SX actually, if I'm correct) but just liked this gif.

Figured someone would snapshot the first corner as we went so felt like pulling off the little easter egg :P

12 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

:D

I knew that's an Nissan (180SX actually, of I'm correct) but liked this .gif better.

Figured someone would snapshot the first corner as we went so felt like pulling off the little easter egg :P

It’s a cool gif :)

And yes, 180SX given the number plate, but in the UK was named the 200SX.  Not sure why, possible to fit with the 300ZX and 100NX naming.

Imagine, Nissan made 3 separate sporty cars, and still didn’t export a Skyline!

Fuji, GR1's with the rig. Not exactly easing myself into it. So having not played for a while and locked my pad away, I'm quite pleased with a 1.29. What I really struggle with is how quickly that Sauber want's to rotate around itself. Conical brake mod makes a huge difference, and I feel like I've had a bit of a workout. Pad is easier, but I can see now how it's not overly compatible with a group of wheel users. You can cast those anchors on so much later with a pad.

Anyway, more practice is required. A lot more.