Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

9 hours ago, Junker said:

The Mini race from Monday Night Race Club. I kind of messed the start so dropped back a bit, plenty of action in this one. 

How to throw away a 3 second lead, in 2 laps :facepalm:

Impressive lap time you put in, on the penultimate lap.

Has the track/car been announced for Monday? Might need to grind some cash and levels to unlock whatever we are using. 

I'm out of town but should be back in time tomorrow. Looking forward to being lapped 10 times

On 13/08/2020 at 17:42, Batmobile said:

How to throw away a 3 second lead, in 2 laps :facepalm:

Impressive lap time you put in, on the penultimate lap.

Yeah I got pole so I knew I had pace but relied on really gentle braking and sweeping lines So I was a sitting duck for late breakers. As soon as I got clear of Pim I got that really good lap in. 
 I seem to go decent in fwd cars

5 hours ago, Ry said:

Has the track/car been announced for Monday? Might need to grind some cash and levels to unlock whatever we are using. 

I'm out of town but should be back in time tomorrow. Looking forward to being lapped 10 times

This :)

4 hours ago, Jashin said:

Super Formulas around Catanlunya as the feature race I think. They’re 1,000,000 credits but I bought mine for £2.49 off the PSN store yesterday.

Breaking me in easy I see lol

Looks like I'm buying a microtransaction for the first time ever. And I'm not too chuffed about it :

Also I'm not sure I have even unlocked that track yet. Will need to check tomorrow

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Looks like I'm buying a microtransaction for the first time ever. And I'm not too chuffed about it :

Also I'm not sure I have even unlocked that track yet. Will need to check tomorrow

I did try suggesting the cheaper F1500T, but the Super Formula was preferred, and to be honest matches up with the Spanish GP theme.

Actually, the Super Formula is also a LOT easier to drive too, though I feel like I need to stop blinking to get anything close to a fast time - though I don’t yet know what a fast  time is :D

Weekends and family mean I’ve only squeezed in about 90 minutes of practice too 

/get the excuses in early

3 hours ago, Ry said:

Don't feel bad, I've done the same thing a couple of times to get cars I want without having to grind. Some are just a bit too steep.

That said, spending an hour or so doing Circuit Experiences or certain events can net you a lot of credits, too :)

13 minutes ago, Jashin said:

Has anyone got an opinion on my suggestion of Porsche Gr 3/4 as a support race? F1 has the Porsche Super Cup :)

I like it, will consider it with Gr. 3 Porsches as a sprint race :)

I like the idea of a Porsche Super Cup support race.

How long endurance are we doing?

The first couple I took part in were 90 minutes, but the more recent ones have been 60.

Personally, I'm happy either way (if anything, I've preferred the longer races!) but some might not want to go too long, maybe support race + 60 mins is the sweet spot?

For me it's more about the overall time that passes. I love a good long race but by the time you include setup time, warmup/practice/quali etc, it can stack up.

The sweet spot for me is about two hours in the chair (so 2000-2200 UK time, 2100-2300 for our continental friends).

19 hours ago, Ry said:

I'm not sure I have even unlocked that track yet. Will need to check tomorrow

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think all tracks should be unlocked in Arcade mode / Time Trial if you want to practise, even if you don't currently have any available events at a particular circuit in Career mode.

Looking forward to being lapped 10 times

I'm the slowest driver in our Monday night group and I think the furthest back I've ever finished is +3 laps.

Don't sweat it though. We have some seriously quick guys who are always at the front, but there's a spread of talent throughout the field, so even if you're not on the pace right away, there should be someone around you to battle with.

2 hours ago, Freeman said:

I like the idea of a Porsche Super Cup support race.

How long endurance are we doing?

The first couple I took part in were 90 minutes, but the more recent ones have been 60.

Personally, I'm happy either way (if anything, I've preferred the longer races!) but some might not want to go too long, maybe support race + 60 mins is the sweet spot?

I'll have a closer look but think 60 minutes is preferred, especially if we'll do a Porsche Supercup support race first.

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

For me it's more about the overall time that passes. I love a good long race but by the time you include setup time, warmup/practice/quali etc, it can stack up.

The sweet spot for me is about two hours in the chair (so 2000-2200 UK time, 2100-2300 for our continental friends).

Same here, I have 2100-2300 blocked in my calender for every Monday for that very reason :)

For the Porsche Supercup race, it looks to me as if the best car (as in the most like the one they actually use) is the 2016 911 GT3RS.

It's in the game as a road car so it's under N600, not Group 3. It's probably closer to the real thing than the 911 RSR.

I've checked and you can get a selection of racing liveries for it, but I can't currently see how many credits it costs in-game. Anyone know?

Last week’s daily race leaderboards. I just didn’t have the energy last week due to work and the heatwave. Anyhoo I got up this morning and did a screen grab but just too late to get Race C so apologies for me being a doofus.

Race A4675F22C-9DB3-4E4A-BBC8-004253552190.thumb.jpeg.09efd975dfd8767f464f56efe6003638.jpeg

and Race B

68CE03AC-159A-4D92-9F42-9E02FA543089.thumb.jpeg.0bc1bb239aed27a4a70d6ebdee4b89d2.jpegsee you guys on track tonight..

3 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

For the Porsche Supercup race, it looks to me as if the best car (as in the most like the one they actually use) is the 2016 911 GT3RS.

It's in the game as a road car so it's under N600, not Group 3. It's probably closer to the real thing than the 911 RSR.

I've checked and you can get a selection of racing liveries for it, but I can't currently see how many credits it costs in-game. Anyone know?

253,000 according too here:

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Porsche_911_GT3_RS_(991)_'16

I guess the biggest issue with the RSR is that it has the engine in the right place, unlike the SuperCup, and, well all of the other 911s having it in the wrong place? ;)

I had an enjoyable first race with the slippery 911 gt3 some good racing with corranga and @beenabadbunny even though I wasn't feeling the car it got better through the race.

During the second race I was kinda on my own for a lot of it and allowed my focus to slip a little and lost consistency. I did notice I'm dropping a ton of time in the last sector I'll watch the replay and see if I can find some time. 

Shame I need to build my office and won't get time over the next few weeks to practise. 

Cheers Joe for hosting again 

2 minutes ago, davadvice1 said:

I had an enjoyable first race with the slippery 911 gt3 some good racing with corranga and @beenabadbunny even though I wasn't feeling the car it got better through the race.

During the second race I was kinda on my own for a lot of it and allowed my focus to slip a little and lost consistency. I did notice I'm dropping a ton of time in the last sector I'll watch the replay and see if I can find some time. 

Shame I need to build my office and won't get time over the next few weeks to practise. 

Cheers Joe for hosting again 

Corranga is @Freeman on here :)

I love that 911 and will definitely have to drive it more. OK I still finished up at the back of the race but I can at least handle that level of car with a bit of consistency.

I couldn't get to grips with the single-seater at all and ended up +4 laps by the end. I still had fun just driving, but clearly I'd better put some solo practice in with the faster machines.

The thing about the sf19 is that you go from a car that has a bit of aero, to a car that has loads of it. Even I was still finding it hard to trust in some corners as you just can't contemplate that it's going to stick to the road. Turn 3 being a prime example, get the line right and you can just plant the throttle and hold on.

It's a very different prospect to get to grips with. Says the man still playing with a dualshock....:facepalm:

Yeah and it's a double whammy in aero cars because you're all in or you're all out. If you do get cold feet and back out of the throttle, then the downforce unloads and you're definitely going wide even if you would have made it.

I know this stuff in principle but I was absolutely not feeling it in execution last night.

No, I totally get it. You spend all your time learning how different cars behave and then you get in something like the SF19 and it just blows everything you know out of the water. I've been there with a pad and those cars, lord help me when I make the switch. Maybe I should put some bars on my wheel? thumb throttle on the right, brake on the left.....

Anyway, there were many battles last night, but the stand out one for me was the dual with @McSpeed I have probably had more outstanding races online now than I have in real life, and this one is a particular highlight.

Which clearly reminded me of this:

I had a couple of good races. In the Super Formula race I started 14th and finished 6th. I probably had the pace to finish 4th but a late splash and dash after an poorly calculated penultimate stop as well as wheel disconnect issues put paid to that.

I still don’t get the quali / tyre situation. I set my mid fieldish time on the sorts but then changed to mediums for the race, only to start at the back. Do you start the race with the fastest time tyre?

3 minutes ago, Jashin said:

I still don’t get the quali / tyre situation. I set my mid fieldish time on the sorts but then changed to mediums for the race, only to start at the back. Do you start the race with the fastest time tyre?

If I'm correct, you start the race on the same compound you have selected in the lobby menu before heading out in the practice session.

However, you can enter the pits in practice to change compound and set a (quicker) time on that set. But you will still start the race on the same compound selected in the menu.

This is a bit of a design flaw so perhaps using the qualifying feature (with a short session in between practice and race) should be used some more again.