Jump to content

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK


Recommended Posts

Just now, Varnsen said:

lol i should do this. 

 

when doing the time trials, i end up just staring at the bloody delta the whole time. 


I do exactly the same - it means that invariably my quickest lap is the first one of any session when there’s no delta for me to stare at!

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think is the best setup for a beginner using wheel for first time?

 

Traction control and ABS on to start with? Stick with automatic to get a feel for the wheel for a few hours? 

 

(Oh my playseat Challenge arrived today! Box is huge! Oh and the seller of the wheel has went silent which worries me she was quick answering any questions before I bought but when I ask for tracking info she goes silent. She said she would be sending by Hermes and my last 3 items I have ordered have disappeared with those bastard's)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

 

As to be expected of someone who races automatics.

 

;)


Drives, not races!!! :quote:

 

Imagine how dull racing GT in auto would be...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ry said:

What do you think is the best setup for a beginner using wheel for first time?

 

Traction control and ABS on to start with? Stick with automatic to get a feel for the wheel for a few hours? 

 

(Oh my playseat Challenge arrived today! Box is huge! Oh and the seller of the wheel has went silent which worries me she was quick answering any questions before I bought but when I ask for tracking info she goes silent. She said she would be sending by Hermes and my last 3 items I have ordered have disappeared with those bastard's)


If you are in an N100-300 car, zero TC. Anything above that start with 2 clicks on TC and slowly try to ween yourself off it.


For practice buy the Mazda touring car and do time trials with no TC. Just get the laps in. Once you can drive consistently with that on different types of circuits with no TC you can start to switch it off in the faster cars.

 

Don't bother messing with ABS just switch it to default and forget about it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

 

My car only HAS one gear. Including reverse.


Yeah but that’s road driving. Who cares about that! ;)

 

(Obvs this would be different if I had a fancy nice car but that will literally never happen so yeah.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have cones on.  If it’s a track I’m not too familiar with, like on Monday, they are great. They tell you which side to be at and at a decent rough guide for brake, apex and powering out. I wish all games had them, I don’t like driving lines, cones look real too (I actually didn’t realise GT had a driving line I thought those were instead of it!)

 

 New wheel, as others have said, ABS is an always on type thing really as there is no feel on the pedals. Traction, figure out how to change in game rather than through the menus, then work towards turning it off as it slows you down. I use 1 in crazy fast cars to get the power down but otherwise I turn it off.

 

I took this afternoon off to either drive the real car or play GT.

I took the Elise out, or rained on me so I came home.

Internet has been down all afternoon.

I was hoping to get closer to my Opt and make a surprise appearance closer to the top of the Porsche board... (seems like wishful thinking but optimum means I can do it right...) 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Tether the PlayStation to your phone?


I thought about it but I have no idea how much data it’d use and I only get a couple of GB a month.

Lego Mario arrived so I decided to make that with my daughter, 700mb app download, no instructions included.

Life is trolling me today!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ry said:

What do you think is the best setup for a beginner using wheel for first time?

 

Traction control and ABS on to start with? Stick with automatic to get a feel for the wheel for a few hours? 

 

(Oh my playseat Challenge arrived today! Box is huge! Oh and the seller of the wheel has went silent which worries me she was quick answering any questions before I bought but when I ask for tracking info she goes silent. She said she would be sending by Hermes and my last 3 items I have ordered have disappeared with those bastard's)

My Herpes more like. ABS default, try and get to 0 TCS in every car. It’s tricky so use 1 or 2 if you’re getting frustrated then go back to it. No use ruining your fun but it’s a good longer term goal as it will make you faster. Tidgney on Youtube has all sorts of videos worth a look at where he tries to explain these things. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Improving at Dragon Trail. I’m really really enjoying this race.

 


TLDW: 

 

9th to 4th in the TT. Made the overtake for 4th on the very last corner and only just outdragged the Atenza to the line. Took it by a tenth. 
 

This racing stuff is addictive isn’t it...

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fretnoise said:

3 hours of the ‘Ring in Super Formulas?

 

(I’m in a tent :))


I still think we should simulate a Grand Prix some time. One of the GP circuits, full race distance, no refuelling, minimum two different compounds, etc etc.

 

I’d be in the minority in that I prefer driving the Mercedes-Benz over the Super Formula, but the SF is fun too. Plus I don’t think you can change liveries on the Benz, can you?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, marsh said:

What's on the menu for tomorrow night?

 

Fancy a bit of mazda roadster action myself.

 

I agree! We'll use that car and some more for the online forum racing tonight, starting at 8PM UK time as per usual :)

 

17 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

I still think we should simulate a Grand Prix some time. One of the GP circuits, full race distance, no refuelling, minimum two different compounds, etc etc.

 

I’d be in the minority in that I prefer driving the Mercedes-Benz over the Super Formula, but the SF is fun too. Plus I don’t think you can change liveries on the Benz, can you?

 

I'm up for some experimenting with Super Formula's and tyre wear tonight.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week’s daily race leaderboards incoming for RRLMUK members and MNRC regulars.

Sorry if any night owls stayed up later than me and beat there times that I recorded last night..

 

Race A Well done @morcs :slowclap: 526th and @marsh (null) 345th Best times in EMEA

D054433E-57C7-46BA-A80B-EE596517659C.jpeg

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m finding the transition from pad to wheel in GTS quite... challenging. I’m generally finding everything quite understeery and having to be sooooo careful with the throttle compared to the pad. I can’t really get a feel for how much to turn in yet, or when the weight of the car is in the right place / when traction will allow me to accelerate out. I’m even finding understeer in bends that are hardly even corners - out of the hairpin in Suzuka, for example.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Junker said:

Last week’s daily race leaderboards incoming for RRLMUK members and MNRC regulars.

Sorry if any night owls stayed up later than me and beat there times that I recorded last night..

 

Race A Well done @morcs :slowclap: 526th and @marsh (null) 345th Best times in EMEA

D054433E-57C7-46BA-A80B-EE596517659C.jpeg

 

There's a pile of mildy vintage porsche 911's smouldering in a car park at the side of mount fuji....

 

Great stuff tonight. Was spent after the first two races where the action was frantic for nearly the whole race. Thought this was a fair move? looked like a wide open door to me :huh:

 

 

Very different lines and braking points, the outcome of which isn't what I would have wanted.

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jashin

 

We spoke briefly about control mapping. This is how I have my controls bound up for GTS on the T150. Of course YMMV.

 

D-pad: MFD
L2: look behind
R2: DRS/KERS deploy/overtake/push-to-pass (whatever your specific car happens to have - the game just uses the same button for them all)
Triangle: camera cycle (I don't really use this much - I drive in cockpit all the time, but sometimes in Monday night lobbies, upon loading the track the game will change camera all by itself so I need a quick button to fix it rather than having to find and turn on a pad)
Square/Circle: indicators
X: flash headlights (vitally important for Monday night grid starts)
L3: hazards
R3: ghost on/off

 

There aren't really enough buttons so something has to give. I am happy to do without reverse, handbrake, horn or wipers.

 

Glance left and glance right would be nice - I suppose if you never used your indicators you could put them there instead, although I just prefer having the blinkers working. Not least to minimise "MATE, I'M TRYING TO PIT!" moments like last night :D

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, marsh said:

 

There's a pile of mildy vintage porsche 911's smouldering in a car park at the side of mount fuji....

 

Great stuff tonight. Was spent after the first two races where the action was frantic for nearly the whole race. Thought this was a fair move? looked like a wide open door to me :huh:

 

 

Very different lines and braking points, the outcome of which isn't what I would have wanted.

 

nah you're good pal. i done a slow corner but in the moment, you don't feel like that, you just feel the contact. 

 

i'm always crap on the first lap!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a shocker in the third race, same corner, three wide, came out facing the wrong way, borked strategy, nowhere.

 

Next week I shall unleash the wheel, but only after I've pounded round the gp ring trying to beat my time set with the pad and possibly pimps!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marsh said:

I had a shocker in the third race, same corner, three wide, came out facing the wrong way, borked strategy, nowhere.

 

Next week I shall unleash the wheel, but only after I've pounded round the gp ring trying to beat my time set with the pad and possibly pimps!

 

Try cutting a squash ball in half (there isn't room for a whole one) and pushing it down into the gap behind the brake pedal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.