Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

GR4 daily was fun tonight, mainly because it was on a track I learnt last night completing the tutorial challenges. 

Bought myself the 458, might have been on pole had it seemingly not lost half of the grids lap times. Known bug? Anyway, started mid-pack in 10th and had some good battles all the way up to 1st, then down to 3rd, right behind the two in front on the last corner and winning it because they were carrying some time penalties. 

Some people definitely seem to be working the system though. I was getting rammed a lot from the side with apparently no penalty for the guy hitting me. 

The Decal Uploader feature, which until now was available to only a limited number of people, has been released to all users. We sincerely apologise to those users who were not able to access this feature until now.

The Decal Uploader is a feature that allows user-created decals (stickers) to be uploaded on the 'Community' section of gran-turismo.com, so they can be used within the Livery Editor in-game. Please make sure to read the 'Tips on How to Use the [Decal Uploader] Feature' before using this feature.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1114068.html

Like it says, sign in to the website, go to Community and then Decal Uploader. Not tried it yet as I need to figure out SVGs etc.

EDIT: okay found an online tool at https://vectr.com/ and saved a quick smiley face to my desktop, uploaded it ( https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/decal-uploader ) and then went to the ingame livery editor and it was there under Decals and User Decals (wait a second for the list to refresh.) So yay?

EDIT 2: https://www.vectorizer.io seems to work for uploading images

Some cool updates coming PS Blog

Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called the “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!

In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)

Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)

Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor

Lamborghini Countach LP400

Ferrari F40

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari

KTM X-BOW R

Suzuki Swift Sport

Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2 (T1)

Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!

turns out CorelDraw created svg files are not compatible. With some effort I converted a few using one of those free tools, sadly I couldn't get the more complex ones to show up. That means the Brave Fangs logo is replaced by a Knockhill Motorsports Club emblem in this tribute to After Burner Climax:

Spoiler

20171123015616.jpg

1 minute ago, mexos said:

Probably over 15kb?

I had one file that was 15.4kb and that one reported exactly that it was too big. All the others just said 'server error', but I have since confirmed its a format issue. I wish I could figure out what incompatible settings coreldraw is adding.

I tried to spoiler the images but can't figure out the link, apologies if uploading directly is a breach of etiquette. Here's the first livery I started a month ago, waiting for the decals to finish it. Still need Dredd's badge:

20171123021321.jpg

3 hours ago, suzzopher said:

Some cool updates coming PS Blog

Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called the “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!

This feels uncomfortably like the patch is "The game we should have released".

So, is the focus still Sport or are they now shifting all their efforts on turning it into the same old GT with brain dead campaign modes (AI racing lol), Sambabusses and your favourite JDM machine from the nineties ?

Disappointing news, wanted to hear about the Chip Ganassi Ford GT, loads of LMS spec cars, tracks and news on expanding championships and N class races. And dynamic weather. 

Had a problem the last couple of days where my qualifying times in sport mode aren’t uploading , so I end up with a random position on the grid . However a by product of this is some of the best online racing I have ever experienced . My sportsmanship ranking is S so invariably races are well behaved and in tonight’s GT3 race at Suzuka  I started 15th and finished 2nd. 20 mins of utter concentration and clean hard racing . Just fantastic . 

2 hours ago, amc said:

Can you download liveries like in Forza? I've had the game since launch but can't seem to see that feature.

yeah it's on the menu on the left middle of the main screen -> discover ->  car liveries (something like that).

No qualy times for me either, and it’s a different story starting from the back with a lowly B SR rating.  Bumped off every time you’re alongside someone (with the associated SR ding), and used as a substitute brake at the last chicane every lap. Ho hum.

Anyway, what’s with all the Gr3 Beetles? Last race at Suzuka was literally 50% of the damn things. 

18 hours ago, Dudley said:

This feels uncomfortably like the patch is "The game we should have released".

If it improves as much as GT5 when it got to V2.0 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-21-reassessing-gran-turismo-5-article I'm sure there'll be many a happy gamer.  

I hope it doesn't take a year to get to V2.0 with GT Sport, but this is PD! 

It was too bare bones with launch content.  I am impressed with what I have seen so far visually though 

Yep for that price I'm happy to give it a go. Especially with the new Single Player update coming soon.

Gran Turismo Sport is getting its first major update since its release last month, with a sizeable and more traditional single player campaign coming alongside a suite of new cars in December.

GT League is reminiscent of older Gran Turismo games, featuring a series of cup competitions and endurance races - and addressing one of the criticisms of Gran Tursimo Sport, which instead offered an in-depth and extensive tutorial alongside a series of missions.