Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

Looking back at my times from last year, which I suspect is in the same car, I managed an 8.24.

So that needs to come right down. No idea if the setups were the same though?

Thanks for the races everyone. 

Loved the early Nurburgring action. Had not driven the Mazda roadster in ages and was surprised how similar the handling model was compared to the 86 i drove in the previous session.  Minimal braking and lots of lift to get through the corners. 

Nice to see another hachi on the track, just need two more for some choreographed shenanigans ;)

3 hours ago, fretnoise said:

You’ve got the wrong link there - here’s the right one :) (ooh, embedded too)

Nice recovery after a bad start there, @Junker :)  can’t believe I outbraked myself on the last hairpin - I almost had Joe, too!

Ah thanks Pal. It was 1am when I was doing it. Had the post race buzz...

I knew MNRC would catch on!!

im not happy with the quality once it’s rendered, but for some reason my Mac and PS4 don’t play nicely in terms of file transfer. Quite often my Mac doesn’t recognise the flash drive I move them across with. Tried reformatting etc but very unreliable. 
looking at other options as I enjoy doing videos 

4 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Loved the early Nurburgring action. Had not driven the Mazda roadster in ages and was surprised how similar the handling model was compared to the 86 i drove in the previous session.  Minimal braking and lots of lift to get through the corners. 

Nice to see another hachi on the track, just need two more for some choreographed shenanigans ;)

Next time we’re on the grid let’s do it. I’m sure it’s really easy....

6 hours ago, fretnoise said:

You’ve got the wrong link there - here’s the right one :) (ooh, embedded too)

Nice recovery after a bad start there, @Junker :)  can’t believe I outbraked myself on the last hairpin - I almost had Joe, too!

The delay and slowness of the gear change animation is hilarious :lol:

3 minutes ago, morcs said:

The delay on the gear change animation is hilarious :lol:

As is the positioning of the penalty SLOW DOWN banner.  I thought the laptime was bad enough, but at least that's translucent! More motivation to not get a penalty I guess :D

1 minute ago, fretnoise said:

As is the positioning of the penalty SLOW DOWN banner. 

:lol: 

Actually that's quite a good way to force you to slow down

I didn't stay on for the kart race last night but if I had I would have said the same thing I always do: the kart is a lot nicer to drive if you set your cockpit height to -5. Moves the vanishing point so it isn't obscured by the lap timer.

Oh noes... I’m doing it again. Top 250 EMEA time on daily race A. I’ve got a feeling it’s because no one in their right mind does the bullshit slow FF races. You’ve seen me in lobby races? I’m ok but the only MNRC I ever won was Red Bull Ring Gr4 the other week and I did it in a FF car. 

6 hours ago, mexos said:

Nord daily race is fun. Feels like I’ve got as much as I can out of it. 

About 20 secs off the top time. :blink:

2 laps down, 8.24 on the second lap, 8.22 possible. Going to have to put in some mileage...

1 hour ago, marsh said:

2 laps down, 8.24 on the second lap, 8.22 possible. Going to have to put in some mileage...

I’m tipping my hat to both of you there. 2 laps down for me and a 8:47. I can’t quite imagine where I get 36 seconds from in a car that feels like  it corners with the grace of a canal barge

20 minutes ago, Junker said:

@mexos you are currently 350th in EMEA round Daily Race B :sealclap:seriously quick lap

It's very good, that won't move much either as a lot of people will avoid doing the track imo.

9 hours ago, Sun Tze said:

You clearly missed our session 5 weeks ago ;) Watch below:

On 16/06/2020 at 11:11, McSpeed said:

Re-watch this battle from 10:05 and move the last lap at 13:40 in the vid below :)

Cheers :hat:

Was just on for an 8.08 and just fked it... waaaaaaa. You think you can’t go any faster but then it just comes and you are not tenths but seconds faster. It’s addictive.

Ok *one* more go. :wacko:

Don’t fancy the daily races this week so did some more campaign for credits, I’m working through the F1500T championship, which was one of the first ‘more difficult’ series I tried. Today was my 49th day playing according to Kudos Prime. Anyway, about a month ago I was fairly consistently finishing 12th or worse at Brands and Red Bull Ring.

Tonight I won both, and then won Interlagos and Monza (by about 25 seconds)

I then thought I might be quick at Monza so went to the Lewis time trial to aim for gold.

I was fairly consistently 2 seconds off gold, then slowly knocked it down to 1.3 off gold.

I was watching the ghost, watching my breaking point, watching the apex, then I remembered one of those videos posted here (Driver61?) about looking ahead. I tried a lap forcing myself to look ahead, breaking points using peripheral vision looking to the corner exit, I did 2 laps. 0.4 off gold then 0.1 under.

So yeah, my night consisted of looking in a different place, and finding 1.4 seconds in 2 laps!

The F1500 was a car I simply could not drive when I started playing this game, so would argue I still can't.....however, I can at least keep it pointed in the right direction. Much like the porsche 911, a stab of the throttle mid corner can keep the momentum going.

I need to get back into looking further down the road again, makes a huge difference.

Eight laps of the Ring last night and not a single clean one.

Best was a 9:20 and that included two spins plus a barrier penalty served from the previous lap.

It's definitely a car that rewards practice like few others. I was as much as 15 seconds up on the delta at times. Just need to keep improving my finesse really.

Kudosprime target for me is an 8:40 and it's certainly achievable, I just need to, you know, keep it on the road.

Interestingly I'm quite a lot worse in the 911 with TCS on. I think it makes it less predictable, not more, and that's not really what you want in a car that is desperate to swap ends all the time.

I must have pleased the god of clean racing last night - SR back to 99, and a bunch of good clean races in Race A including two Pole / Fastest Lap / Win clean sweeps.  It’s more fun when you start mid field though, as long as you’re not with the ramming asshats.

Oh and 2 seconds off my Nord time, down to 8:47. My K’ target is 8:09!