Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

If anyone wants to see for themselves me chasing down @GwiDan In his Porsche 962 round Spa in a Jaguar XJR the POV replay video is here. https://youtu.be/ebCRi40kPig
On lap 8 of 15 I decided to pit for softs and enough fuel for 4 laps. It worked a treat and when I saw @GwiDan put in 100% fuel I wondered whether he might try and run to the end. On lap 12 it seemed like he’d cooked his tyres and I got past into the lead, then headed in for my final stop. Imagine my disappointment when I realised having carried the extra fuel over from the previous slot he got out of the pits in front of me!! Cue much swearing in the party chat of the Monday Night Race Club B lobby. We ended up finishing a 32 minute race within 0.6 seconds of each other. 

Spoiler

He won

Also co-starring @Freeman @marsh @mexos @Jashin @fretnoise @Jonster @davadvice1 @beenabadbunny

4 hours ago, marsh said:

Nope, not chasing that down.

The ring is up on the daily this week, sub 8 mins is the target....:eyebrows:

Is it just the Nordschleife, or is it the 24h layout that includes half the GP circuit as well?

8 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Is it just the Nordschleife, or is it the 24h layout that includes half the GP circuit as well?

Just the Nord. I am 18 secs off. Sub 8 mins is a top 10 time...

13 minutes ago, mexos said:

How do you see your target on Kudos? I had a look but it's an... interestingly designed site. 

Should be on a link just above your lap times from last week. You have to keep an eye on it, if some bugger does say a sub 7 minutes, your target would shift.

I got away with it last week as my 3.07 was close enough not to cost me too much :mellow:

And that despite being inside the top 1500. I console myself that nobody else in our group is suffering from using a pad.

Regular reminder to join in the fun in the MNRC ‘Monday Night Race Club’.

Last week’s shenanigans round Monza no chicane in the fire-breathing Group C cars 

Online racing tonight! Hosting from 8PM UK time again :)

We'll mostly be having fun around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, emulating the 'Touristenfahrten' by having an open session with various cars. Ideally, drive anything you own or have owned on real life and enjoy it.

After a while, we'll do a race there in Mazda Roadsters and move on to anything else that comes up in the lobby. Join in!

Thanks for the races last night all. Not really my track of choice if I’m honest (“rallying without the pace notes”) but some excellent racing nonetheless :)  Loved the karts!  First time I’ve raced them with the wheel and I get what you guys were all saying now - they feel so different. 

You probably shouldn’t dive into the daily races straight afterwards as it just highlights how good our sessions are compared to the great unwashed. Punts and chops a-plenty in Race A - my SR has taken (another) beating, and I even had one guy ranting at me in PSN chat about me crashing into him and “getting what you deserved”. (Spoiler - he took me out at druids and ruined both our races) Told him life was too short to get so cross about a game before blocking him so that should’ve calmed him down :D 

4 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

You probably shouldn’t dive into the daily races straight afterwards as it just highlights how good our sessions are compared to the great unwashed. Punts and chops a-plenty in Race A - my SR has taken (another) beating, and I even had one guy ranting at me in PSN chat about me crashing into him and “getting what you deserved”. (Spoiler - he took me out at druids and ruined both our races) Told him life was too short to get so cross about a game before blocking him so that should’ve calmed him down :D 

This. I had a bloke from south africa once threaten to come round my house and burn it down. Calling him a bell end probably didn't help. He was all over the place for a couple of races, knocking people about like a wreckfesr derby. The SR kicked eventually:bye:

6 hours ago, Junker said:

Tsukuba Kart Race

You’ve got the wrong link there - here’s the right one :) (ooh, embedded too)

Nice recovery after a bad start there, @Junker :)  can’t believe I outbraked myself on the last hairpin - I almost had Joe, too!